INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netflix Causing MC16.039 to crash  (Read 1583 times)

jbram

Netflix Causing MC16.039 to crash
« on: March 01, 2011, 07:59:16 pm »

I recently updated to the beta of MC 16.0.39 on my Windows 7 64-bit HTPC and am having trouble with the Netflix component (which worked fine on MC 15). When I enter my Instant Queue there is a message saying something about authentication but it is quickly hidden behind a windows crash message for MC 16 and I can't make out what it is telling me.

Any ideas on what might be missing or what I might need to do to work around this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Netflix Causing MC16.039 to crash
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 08:02:30 pm »

Do you have IE9RC installed?

jbram

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 08:19:37 pm »

No, I'm still seeing IE 8 when I open IE (which I seldom do!). I was able to see the full message today and it says "There was a problem with the Browser Engine, please download the latest MC" (or something to that extent).

I did do an upgrade to Windows 7 SP1 but even after that I'm not seeing an IE9.

Is it possible this is a 64-bit problem?

I should note that I don't do anything on this computer but use MC, Boxee (as an alternative for Netflix), Amazon Unbox (which is there but I haven't used it), and ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre for Blu-ray playback so it is pretty sparse as far as additional software is concerned. i do have Chrome installed but that is because I prefer that if I need to go online for any reason with it (but I have to do that via VNC so I don't do that a lot).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 08:49:25 pm »

We're in the middle of a switch to the Chromium browser engine.  Things that use the browser (like Netflix playback) may be a little rough for a while.

If the next public build still causes problems, let's dig deeper then.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jonkjon

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 09:46:36 pm »

Same problem for me as well....no ie 9 either.

jbram

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 06:39:05 pm »

I think I found the problem, I needed to go in to the setup of Media Center and configure my Netflix account info in there before going in to the theater view and trying to start Netflix. Once Netflix started I still needed to re-enter my config but that was no big deal. Didn't know I needed to enter info in the Media Center set-up first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up