INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using MC 16 for DVB-T in England  (Read 1334 times)

elduce

Using MC 16 for DVB-T in England
« on: March 02, 2011, 08:55:07 am »

Installed the J River Media Centre software. It found all available digital TV channels in my area but none would display - no vision or sound.

I run Windows XP Home/SP3 and use a PEAK USB-T stick with a generic BDA driver which MC recognised straight away. The fact that it downloaded all available channels gave me hope that I'd be fine.

When I got nothing on-screen, I looked on the forums.

So I unticked time shifting.

I re-scanned. I got all the same channels, with lots of duplicates like BBC1 and BBC1 (1).

For a while I got a black screen with a message at the bottom saying 'Could not register player graph. Make sure your media library is pointed at the right source' - or something very similar. I no longer get as far as ablck screen. Now, all I get is this pop-up.

If it helps, MC won't scan for the EPG either so I have no real idea what's going on.

If MC had not recognised my DVB-T stick or found all available channels, I'd have just moved on to different software. But the fact that I'm this close gives me some hope.

Can anyone help?

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
Re: Using MC 16 for DVB-T in England
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 09:06:15 am »

If channels in your area are MPEG-4, then join the bandwagon, as MC currently does not support MPEG4 encoded channels. You can find more Here. Let's hope Yaobing will have good news for us in the near future!

Also over the air program guide is not currently supported for DVB-T and you're stuck with using mc2xml.

TV Support and the lack of FM Radio support are 2 things that should really be considered in JRMC16 by the devs, now that it's in active development. I'm sure we all want to ditch MS Media Center or any other applications for that matter.

elduce

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 09:13:43 am »

My Peak USB stick is plain old DVB-T. It does not support HD (DVB-T2 in this country) in mpeg4 format.

All the channels it has scanned are in SD. They are all in there. All ready to go in my list but not one of them will play.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 10:00:35 am »

Email me a log file.

yaobing at jriver dot com

Over-the-air EPG scanning is available only for ATSC TV.  DVB-T users should use XMLTV options.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

elduce

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 10:06:16 am »

I've deleted it. Sorry. I spent fours trying to get it going.

I'll go back to my old software and give MC another look when the bugs have been ironed out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up