INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.49 Beta -- Available here  (Read 16162 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.49 Beta -- Available here
« on: March 09, 2011, 09:33:58 am »

This is the latest beta version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter160047.exe

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter160049.exe fixes a crash with some 32 bit versions of Windows.

16.0.47 (3/8/2011)

1. NEW: The web browser engine used by the program can be selected in Options > Tree & View > Web Browser (default to Internet Explorer, and should work with IE9 RC).
2. Changed: Video converter configures h.264 encoding through an internal interface rather than using the registry.

16.0.46 (3/8/2011)

1. NEW: A new mp4/m4a file tagging system that reads all iTunes style tags, including embedded cover art.
2. Fixed: Numerous fixes to JRWeb.exe and the IPC layer it uses to communicate with Media Center.

16.0.45 (3/7/2011)

1. Fixed: Search suggestion system could return duplicate 'Name' matches.
2. Changed: Improvements to inter-process communication system used by web engine.
3. Fixed: Search suggestions could weight fuzzy matches of categories higher than exact matches of tracks. (i.e. 'layla' would put the album 'Electric Ladyland' above the song 'Layla')
4. Fixed: Search suggestions were not working for some fields when using a language other than English.
5. Changed: Updated all language files to have the latest strings from the source code, and to remove any orphan strings.
6. NEW: When clicking on a library in the tree in Playing Now > Playing From, it's possible to clone the library to a new library.
7. Internal: Internal changes to code structure (should be transparent, but please report any issues).

16.0.44 (3/4/2011)

1. NEW: Play Doctor learns during playback based on plays and skips and improves the list after skips.
2. NEW: Play Doctor adds files to the playlist after each play so that there are always 100 upcoming files and it never reaches the end of the playlist.
3. Changed: Play Doctor skips are graphically represented with a strikethrough in the Playing Now list.
4. NEW: Added MC16.exe launcher command /MonitorToggle to toggle the display between available monitors. (requires Windows 7, will work better and be easier to use than /MonitorSwitch command)
        (note: to use /MonitorToggle, first extend all your displays and configure them to the resolution and refresh rate you prefer with Windows, then /MonitorToggle will use these settings when run)
5. NEW: Added MC16.exe launcher command /MonitorExtend to extend available displays across all monitors. (requires Windows 7)

16.0.43 (3/3/2011)

1. Fixed: Clicking YouTube links in Standard View did not offer download, watch, etc. options.
2. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
3. Fixed: JRWeb.exe web sandbox processes would not shutdown properly on Windows XP.
4. Changed: If a television recording ended less than a minute ago, current time-shifting session will not be saved even if the global setting is "Save always".  This will not affect the case where the user specifically choose to save the current session.
5. Changed: Video transcoding for Media Network no longer uses the registry for configuring ffdshow video decoding. It uses an internal interface instead.
6. NEW: Improved DLNA server search support.
7. Changed: When we return an empty DLNA search result, return OK with no results. Previously the result was crashing out PlugPlayer.

16.0.42 (3/2/2011)

1. Fixed: The connect link on the Library Server webpage would start Media Center 15 instead of 16 (ie. http://localhost:52199/LibraryServer).
2. Fixed: Numerous problems with sandboxing web system introduced in build 41.
3. Fixed: Non-English characters were not displaying properly in the Help / Registration Info pop-up.
4. Fixed: The program was not properly finding external artwork saved to the cover art folder.
5. Fixed: Cookies in the web browser engine would not persist between runs.
6. Fixed: Keyboard shortcuts were not working properly with web windows.
7. Changed: Right-click and OSD menus "Save time-shifting on stop" are simplified.  Change of setting using these menus is applied only to current time-shifting session.  Global setting at Options > Television remains the same.
8. Fixed: Performer store cache was not getting dumped when a database update was completed leading to new content not showing up.
9. Fixed: When first starting video playback with VideoClock enabled, lip sync could be off until a seek.

16.0.41 (2/25/2011)

1. NEW: The web browser engine is sandboxed to its own process (JRWeb.exe) for increased security and stability.
2. Changed: When downloading something with an internal browser, the integrated download manager will be used.
3. Fixed: WebPlay was unnecessarily transcoding MP3 files.
4. Fixed: In some cases, popup dialogs could appear behind the main program.

16.0.40 (2/24/2011)

1. Internal: Updated the Windows and DirectX SDKs used during compilation to the latest.
2. Internal: The DirectX helper d3dx9_43.dll is required instead of d3dx9_39.dll (downloaded on install when required).
3. Fixed: DVD ripping was creating two destination folders and ripping to the second one.
4. Fixed: The calculation of space available for DVD ripping was not correctly handling mapped network and UNC drives and "Junction" type directories.
5. Fixed: WebKit based browsers running the latest WebKit code could fail to play from WebPlay.
6. Fixed: A few ID3v2 fields would not be properly read when using old ID3v2.2 tags.
7. Changed: Added 'Artist Sort' (TSOP) and 'Album Sort' (TSOA) mappings for ID3v2 tagging (not stock fields, but will populate if the  fields are created by user).
8. Fixed: The Chromium engine would crash on Win2k instead of showing a 'not available' screen.

16.0.39 (2/23/2011)

1. Fixed: Numerous fixes with the new web engine (back, forward, backspace, Netflix playback, etc.)
2. Fixed: Possible thread and memory leak after stopping playback that was converting the output to AC3.
3. Fixed: If the program crashed while recording a television program in the last five minutes and was restarted, recording would not resume if 'Do not record programs that have been recorded in the past' was set for the recording rule.
4. Fixed: In rare cases, the program could start maximized with only part of the window visible.
5. Fixed: The WAV encoder would use the .wav extension instead of .l16 when creating a headerless L16 for use on a DLNA device.
6. Fixed: Media Network would unnecessarily cache and stack audio files converted for playback on a DLNA device or Gizmo.
7. Fixed: Import of .l16 files would not work properly (player assumes the sample rate is 44100 Hz).

16.0.38 (2/22/2011)

1. NEW: Web pages inside the program use the Chromium engine instead of the Internet Explorer engine.
2. Changed: When used as a DLNA controller, the timeout for the Play command is changed from 10 to 20 seconds. Fixes trouble with XBMC.

16.0.37 (2/21/2011)

1. NEW: Improved video converter (used by Gizmo) so that it uses the JRiver audio engine to handle audio format conversions.
2. NEW: Zone links are preserved between program runs.
3. Fixed: Some dialogs would not draw properly unless they were resized (only applies to build 35 and 36).
4. Fixed: Video converter used by Gizmo, etc. would not always cleanup properly.

16.0.36 (2/18/2011)

1. Changed: Reorganzed core libraries to be a little more efficient with regards to size and loading speed.
2. Fixed: AverTV M780 PCIe device analog tuner played no sound when not in time-shifting mode.
3. Changed: If auto-import is unable to watch a folder for changes (happens with some network drives, etc.) then the program will scan for changes manually every 2 hours.
4. Fixed: Gizmo or DLNA devices could show a stale list of files in some cases.
5. Changed: When reimporting a previously removed file, the file will be reanalyzed.
6. Fixed: Picking a single file and saying 'Play (with Play Doctor)' would not make a good mix.

16.0.35 (2/17/2011)

1. Changed: Improved Wikipedia movie lookup to better handle titles full of common words like 'To Be And To Have'.
2. Fixed: The /Library command did not work when run through the launcher.
3. Changed: Improved performance when loading or resizing dialogs.
4. Fixed: The 'Remote' options page did not work nicely with large fonts.
5. Fixed: Remote control IR blaster commands could stop working after re-installing the player.
6. Fixed: Auto-import could be slow analyzing network files that were temporarily unavailable.
7. Fixed: Right-clicking a non-selected playlist and picking 'Lock' would not work.
8. NEW: When right-clicking a playlist group, the option 'Lock All Children' / 'Unlock All Children' is available.
9. Changed: If a user customized the temporary folder, temporary files will actually be created in a 'J River' subfolder of the user selected folder (any files or folders in the 'J River' subfolder will be deleted each run).
10. Changed: Video playback graph building will not consider failure to load subtitles / Line 21 (which madVR does not support) a critical error.
11. Changed: Faster video playback graph building in some cases.
12. Changed: Netflix now retrieves all it's 'feeds' in separate threads simultaneously.

16.0.34 (2/16/2011)

1. Changed: When the program had many programs in the television programming guide (hundreds of thousands), the program could slow down.
2. SDK: The MCWS Browse/Files function will return success with zero files on an empty item instead of returning a failure.
3. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks to Johnny B).
4. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks to KANEY).
5. Changed: Added additional ASIO logging.
6. Changed: Revamped 'Registration Information' dialog so that it works better with large fonts and/or translation.
7. Fixed: Spacing between characters could be unnecessarily large in edit controls when using fonts with leading / trailing overhangs.
8. Fixed: Image playback of certain size images could lead to a crash.
9. Fixed: Wmhelper.dll was not getting registered in certain cases causing Performer login to fail.
10. Changed: On ASIO shutdown, buffers are explicitly disposed instead of relying on the driver to dispose outstanding buffers on unload (improves Roland Edirol UA-1Ex support, possibly others).
11. Changed: madVR runs in the graph thread instead of the main program thread.
12. Changed: When loading television programming, entries for programs older than 3 days will be discarded (previously 14 days of old programming were kept, but a smaller number helps performance).

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
Re: Media Center 16.0.47 Beta -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 10:03:07 am »

Thanks for the updates! I don't know what you tweaked, but Trackinfo skins now render correctly when using chromium engine. Again Thanks!

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 11:12:28 am »

1. NEW: A new mp4/m4a file tagging system that reads all iTunes style tags, including embedded cover art.

Thanks. Embedded cover art works now. I created also some custom tags with Mp3tag and the field values imported fine.

However, the year/date values do not work. MC does not convert the values to the internally used format. For example, 2010 shows up as 2/7/1905.

Also, it does not read replay gain tags (this would be useful if the files have been analyzed with foobar or winamp) and the detailed format info window in Action Window > Tag does not work.

EDIT

Also BPM is read incorrectly. I tagged 95 in iTunes. In MC the displayed value is 24320.

I attached a small tagged m4a sample file.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

cgbissett

• Recent member
MC 16 not working after 16.039
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 11:43:56 am »

I recently updated to .043 after 039, it crashed as soon as anything on the tree was selected.  As It was beta I waited for a version to become available as an auto update. I downloaded .047 from within MC16 today, and it has the same issue, unusable. Crashes shortly after any selection.  I have uninstalled and downloaded 039 again, which is perfectly stable. I have a current iMac 21.5 inch, with windows 7 Home Premium which is up to date.  Any suggestions, I did notice a few posts on 043 which had a similar issue.  Any help, or suggested tests I can run would be appreciated. I am only an intermediated user so please don't be overly technical with any replies.

Regards Craig

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC 16 not working after 16.039
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 11:45:46 am »

I recently updated to .043 after 039, it crashed as soon as anything on the tree was selected.  As It was beta I waited for a version to become available as an auto update. I downloaded .047 from within MC16 today, and it has the same issue, unusable. Crashes shortly after any selection.  I have uninstalled and downloaded 039 again, which is perfectly stable. I have a current iMac 21.5 inch, with windows 7 Home Premium which is up to date.  Any suggestions, I did notice a few posts on 043 which had a similar issue.  Any help, or suggested tests I can run would be appreciated. I am only an intermediated user so please don't be overly technical with any replies.

Regards Craig

Perhaps you could test this build and let us know if it fixes the issue (I think it may):
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/test/MediaCenter160049.exe

Sorry for the trouble.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

cgbissett

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 11:57:59 am »

Will do Matt, I'll save my settings for 039, and let you know how I get on.  Would it have anything to do with the new Chromium engine.  I only have IE8 running on my PC, I do very little browsing in windows.

Regards Craig

cgbissett

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 12:18:33 pm »

Matt,

Build 049 seems stable, no crashing and the You Tube functions appear fine. The only minor issue at the moment revolves around YouTube.  When I play a YouTube video as a Webpage it plays perfectly at full HD, when played within MC16 it stops immediately and buffers for a while and then starts, are there any settings that could help, does Frame Rate have an impact?

Regards Craig (Thanks for the stable update)

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 04:33:36 pm »

I still can't load Ozone with this release.  Is there anything I can try?

Tunetyme

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 06:04:04 pm »

The VST version of Ozone works for me. I have tried it on XP Pro and Win 7 32-bit.

DSP Studio > Manage Plug-ins... > Add JRiver, VST, or Winamp Plug-in...  The correct file is iZotope Ozone 4.dll  (not iZOzone4.dll).

The DirectX version may not work correctly: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=58994
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
Re: MC 16 not working after 16.039
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 03:48:07 am »

From version 16.0.32 thread:
Quote from: Matt
We're working on video conversion now.  Give us a week, and if it still doesn't work after that, please start a thread and we'll dig deeper.

Thanks.

I am still having troubles with video playback my Android, but are you still working on it or do you want me to start a thread on it?
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

leoric

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 01:33:54 am »

Tried to rip CD with 2 tracks. MC ejected CD after completing first track. After inserting, it continued ripping with the 2nd track.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 05:59:19 am »

If I use IE as my browser, then if I resize my track info view it flickers white while I adjust the size.  This didn't happen with the original IE engine, nor does it happen if I use Chromium...

SmokinJ

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 06:06:31 am »

Hallelujah! Browser selection is now a reality! Any chance of including the ability to select the system browser of choice in that Tree & View drop down menu? (In my case Opera) Thanks for listening Jim!   

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 08:10:57 am »

Thanks Alex B!

I found the VST plugin in a different directory under Steinberg.  It is working great now.

Tunetyme

Sheugel

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 08:24:43 am »

Quote from: Alex B

Thanks. Embedded cover art works now. I created also some custom tags with Mp3tag and the field values imported fine.

I also would like to thank you for this (still long-awaited  ;)) feature.

However, the year/date values do not work. MC does not convert the values to the internally used format. For example, 2010 shows up as 2/7/1905.

I also face this issue and in general I find that the import process of m4a files is slow and heavy. The tag reading process doesn't seem to run smoothly.

Sheugel

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 08:40:21 am »

... I find that the import process of m4a files is slow and heavy. The tag reading process doesn't seem to run smoothly.
Do you have a DirectShow filter installed?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 08:46:38 am »

Hallelujah! Browser selection is now a reality! Any chance of including the ability to select the system browser of choice in that Tree & View drop down menu? (In my case Opera) Thanks for listening Jim!   
No.  Sorry.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 10:24:13 am »

I also face this issue and in general I find that the import process of m4a files is slow and heavy. The tag reading process doesn't seem to run smoothly.

The Date field problem will be fixed in the next build. I have tested an unreleased build and the fix works.

Regarding the slowiness, am I correct to assume that this build is not slower than the older builds?

The issue was discussed here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=61479

I did a quick test, and what you have experienced seems to be about normal when the .m4a file type is set to be decoded with a DirectShow decoder. When it is set to use QuickTime, importing seems to be even even a bit slower.

The unfortunate fact is that M4A importing is rather slow. MC uses an external decoder (either a DirectShow decoder or QuickTime) for reading M4A file data and this is a lot slower than reading file data through the internal decoder plugins, which are used with most other audio formats.

Once the files are imported all file data is stored in the database and using MC should be as fast as with any file format.

Sheugel

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 04:24:59 pm »

Quote from: JimH
Do you have a DirectShow filter installed?
Yes, I use ffdshow audio decoder (CCCP).
Regarding the slowiness, am I correct to assume that this build is not slower than the older builds?
I cannot really tell, to be true. I was testing that the embedded art support feature was working (previously I used Folder.jpeg or [artist] - [album].jpeg) with new songs and MC froze as I had focus on the newly imported files (thumbnails for the m4a files didn't appear at that time).
On another PC, I noticed that the manual import process of m4a was pretty slow.
Thanks for the support.

Sheugel

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 04:45:25 pm »

Yes, I use ffdshow audio decoder (CCCP).
Try DCBass.  A link can be found in the article on our wiki.

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 16.0.49 Beta -- Available here
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 05:06:33 pm »

to the people who had problems with MC running very slow/crashing with some recent builds like 42 or 43, does 49 fix that?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 05:13:41 pm »

Installed 16 at top on both client and server, same .exe

Says I have two database version installed and Library Server won't connect.

1. Doesn't auto-find other library servers and connected as stated in literature.

2. Keeps adding New Libraries for every error.

feels a bit sloppy....but what am I doing wrong?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 05:19:33 pm »

Okay fixed that but with DSP>No resampling everything is defaulting to 192kHz....

Installed 16 at top on both client and server, same .exe

Says I have two database version installed and Library Server won't connect.

1. Doesn't auto-find other library servers and connected as stated in literature.

2. Keeps adding New Libraries for every error.

feels a bit sloppy....but what am I doing wrong?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 06:40:31 pm »

So does 16 actually fix the bug of not being able to stream video unless a drive is mapped? Even though the "play local file if found" setting is correct?

vagskal

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2011, 12:08:14 pm »

In .32 (sorry that thread was locked) the file count in the Confirm Library Changes dialogue is wrong when editing a relational field.

EDIT: And when searching a relational field (upper right search box using the wizard) in a pane view the panes show nothing.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2011, 05:14:12 pm »

I'm getting constant crashes after about 30 seconds of playing music on an XP Pro box.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2011, 05:49:18 pm »

I'm getting constant crashes after about 30 seconds of playing music on an XP Pro box.
Try re-installing your license.  If that doesn't work, please start a new thread with more details.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2011, 06:51:42 pm »

Ugh. Its crashing trying to import an m4a podcast :( Removed the file and all is ok. Would be nice if importing issues didn't crash MC. I have parties all the time playing music all day. Really don't want to be debugging during a party. No music = party foul ;)

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 04:16:49 am »

In .49 I have lost the display in the Action Window when watching an mkv.  Ctrl-6 still seems to work, but on reattach it doesn't show up in the lower left corner.  I can see the view in playing now above the list of playing now files. 

Craig

shAf

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 07:51:57 am »

All hyperlinks available in 'Playing Now" (eg, AMG, Google, Wikipedia) take you to the artist currently playing, except (IMHO) the most useful, AMG.
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2011, 08:25:59 am »

BUG:
Playing files via webplay causes MC to import and stack converted mp3 files to the library.

Sauzee

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 10:18:45 am »

All hyperlinks available in 'Playing Now" (eg, AMG, Google, Wikipedia) take you to the artist currently playing, except (IMHO) the most useful, AMG.

I like that you don't have to play a track by the artist to get artist info. I'd prefer it if all links worked from track currently highlighted. Actually, i thought that was how it worked at the moment.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 10:34:36 am »

BUG:
Playing files via webplay causes MC to import and stack converted mp3 files to the library.
This also happens when playing tracks via Gizmo on .32 build. Haven't tried the .49 build.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2011, 08:51:43 pm »

More m4a podcast crashes. Seems to be crashing right after the download completes during analysis. MC15 has no issues. Here are two that are causing problems:

http://www.seantyasmusic.com/podcast/podcast.xml
http://tripnotic.fm/podcast/podcast.xml

rick.ca

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 10:18:47 pm »

More m4a podcast crashes...

These are AAC streams. I don't know why they would work in MC15 and not MC16, but consider installing (or re-installing) the Orban AAC/aacPlus Player Plugin as described here.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 04:00:30 am »

These are AAC streams. I don't know why they would work in MC15 and not MC16, but consider installing (or re-installing) the Orban AAC/aacPlus Player Plugin as described here.

What makes you think they are streams? They are the same as any other podcast.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 05:56:35 am »

So does 16 actually fix the bug of not being able to stream video unless a drive is mapped? Even though the "play local file if found" setting is correct?

It works for me. I just played some "served" videos that were correctly read directly from a  \\name of the server\... path. Naturally the videos need to be imported to the server library from the same network share (i.e. not from a local directory that would be inaccessible on the client).

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 07:00:02 am »

More m4a podcast crashes. Seems to be crashing right after the download completes during analysis. MC15 has no issues. Here are two that are causing problems:

http://www.seantyasmusic.com/podcast/podcast.xml
http://tripnotic.fm/podcast/podcast.xml

We're aware of an m4a problem and have a solution coming.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2011, 08:48:02 am »

1) Internal Webpages (chromium) takes "forever" to shut down, (7 seconds)  :-X

2) it seems like every web page gets there own jrweb.exe instance..so 10 pages is 300-400 mb or ??!!

3) empty folders are created for every new web visit, "scoped_dir*", and they don't end up in the specified temporary folder under options (at least not for the portable installation, where it more important)

4) when using the IE option, i first get a grey page saying "there was a problem.. before directed to correct html page.

5) if i choose to "play" a html page should'nt we be able to use jrweb.exe to open i ?

6 (request)) please let us set our own default web browser, very handy when using the portable installation and not want to use jrweb.exe
MT5FR

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2011, 12:38:34 pm »

I'm getting some serious crashing issues with build 49.
MC seems to only be able to run (meaning the program is open, not necessarily playing anything) for less than a minute and then hard crashes with one of two errors
  1) "The exception privileged instruction, (0xc0000096) occurred in the application at location (address)
  2) Something about "memory could not be read".

If a log file or more information would be useful, I can provide.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2011, 01:03:40 pm »

I'm getting some serious crashing issues with build 49.
MC seems to only be able to run (meaning the program is open, not necessarily playing anything) for less than a minute and then hard crashes with one of two errors
  1) "The exception privileged instruction, (0xc0000096) occurred in the application at location (address)
  2) Something about "memory could not be read".

If a log file or more information would be useful, I can provide.

Please email a log to matt at jriver dot com.  Thanks.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2011, 01:19:56 pm »

Matt, that was the same problem I was having. Looking at my log it was crashing during importing/analysis of m4a files.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2011, 01:51:48 pm »

Matt, that was the same problem I was having. Looking at my log it was crashing during importing/analysis of m4a files.

Better M4A support is coming later this week.  Stay tuned.

tmarnik

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2011, 08:17:28 pm »

I can't purchase the upgrade.  After clicking Purchase, I get the message that there is a problem with my information and the Card Number and Expires fields are highligted in red.

I have tried numerous times and I know that the numbers I am entering are correct.

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2011, 04:45:46 am »

Visual Bug with 0.49 and possibly earlier versions:

-Play a song with the "Show Spectrum Analyser option on the display checked.
-Minimize MC
-Pause the song using your multimedia keys
-Restore the MC window. The Spectrum Analyser still moves for a 1-2seconds despite the play state being paused.

Yea i actually noticed it :P

Keith R

• Recent member
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2011, 05:32:17 am »

I was going to post the screen shot but I am unable to work out how to add them. I would have assumed it would have been as an attachment but there appears to be no option?

The error I'm getting every now an again is this:

Assert Failed

Executable: JRWorker.exe Pid f7c  Tid 9d0. Module QuickTimeSource.dll, 3 objects left active! At line 317 of D:\Program Files\DXSDK9\Samples\C++\DirectShow\BaseClasses\dllentry.cpp Continue? (Cancel to debug)

What is odd is that the D drive is a CD/DVD ROM that is empty.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2011, 08:55:57 am »

Module QuickTimeSource.dll

A forum search for QuickTimeSource found these:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=46488
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=45243

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2011, 09:19:58 am »

I was going to post the screen shot but I am unable to work out how to add them. I would have assumed it would have been as an attachment but there appears to be no option?

If the attachment option is not available, you can use an external host, like http://photobucket.com or http://imageshack.us/.

To display an external image you need to add the img codes. For example:
Code: [Select]
[img]http://files.jriver.com/mcremote_ad_sm.jpg[/img]shows this:

Keith R

• Recent member
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2011, 10:15:25 am »

Thanks for the advice.

Keith

grandlulu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • GrandLuLu from Paris, impressed by MC!
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2011, 01:40:03 pm »

To display an external image you need to...
All codes here.
Best regards ; Cordialement,
GrandLuLu
- Paris, France
Pages: [1]   Go Up