INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: uplifting all album tracks in to JRiver  (Read 1659 times)

kevin akam

• Recent member
uplifting all album tracks in to JRiver
« on: March 16, 2011, 08:16:31 am »

JRiver please help me??

Hi Guys

I am experiencing difficulty with only partial availability of albums via JRiver. I have my music on my PC and in Itunes. As I search my music on my I-PAD in my PS Audio app' I can only see a few tracks sometimes one track for an album which is very frustrating. So for example, billy joel's greatest hits for which there should be over 30 tracks, JRiver only shows 3 tracks.

I would really appreciate some support?

Kind regards

Kevin

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: uplifting all album tracks in to JRiver
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 08:38:58 am »

Please describe what you're doing in more detail.  What is the iPad app?  DLNA?

kevin akam

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 10:38:06 am »

Hi Jim,

The Ipad app is PS Audio's TagNplay.  However, when I look at the tracks available on my JRiver media centre on the PC (so before he App on the Pad) there are less tracks than there should be. It's like it's only lifted a couple from each album?

K

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 10:50:14 am »

Lifted?  Do you mean imported?

What happens if you search for (for example) "joel" in the upper right corner?

What format are the files?  MP3?

Locate the files on disk in Explorer to be certain they are there.

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 11:18:08 am »

Could this be due to the way MC handles multiple artists albums, or albums that don't have the exact same artist tag for every track?

iTunes and some other taggers can get a little "creative" with the Artists tag.  Sometimes adding unnecessary extra info to the Artist tag doing things like listing every performer for that track.  That will cause MC to see the album as a multiple artists album and it will get treated and grouped differently in MC.

Here's two wiki articles on how MC deals with multiple artist albums:
Album Artist and Album Artist (Auto)
Album Artist (auto)

Those links will explain the background and basic rules of what you need to do in Media Center to get MC to see a multiple artists album as a single album.  It makes sense once you know what is going on, but otherwise can be a bit confusing.

Make sure the Billy Joel best of album has all of its files in the same directory.  Don't put tracks from multiple albums in the same directory (each album should have its own directory).  See the wiki article for "Album Artist and Album Artist (Auto)" for the full list of rules.  If those rules are followed MC will see the Billy Joel Best Of album as a single album.
Pages: [1]   Go Up