INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Normalize the volume?  (Read 7219 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Normalize the volume?
« on: March 27, 2011, 09:49:32 am »

Hi
Is it posible to normalize the volumes so that all my tracks playback imn the same volume level?
I use flac-files only.

I have found this application-, internal- and system volume. But I dont know what that is for.
I guess that ha nothing to do with normalizing the volume for all tracks.

Best Regards
Captor
JRiver for music

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Normalize the volume?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 11:43:54 am »

Player->DSP Studio...

Look at all the goodies.

Check that your files have been analyzed.  This can be done during ripping (See options, search "analyze"), or afterwards (Right click selected tracks, Library Tools->Analyze audio).

See also: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Replay_Gain
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Captor

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 01:22:09 pm »

Hi I beleive I did that during the ripping but I will try again.
Thanks
JRiver for music

MrC

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 01:47:34 pm »

Add Replay and Album Gain field columns to any of your audio details views.  This way, you can see which tracks already have gain (eg. analysis has been done).

Captor

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 04:00:35 pm »

Thank you!
I will try that.
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 01:44:37 pm »

Hi again
There is one problem with the output format. When I open the settings for that I am only able to see
a part of the window that opens. I can not see the lower part so I can not do the settings there.
Must be a bug in the software. Maybe something for you guys to look into for the next upgrade.

This is something I have thoughts about. When buying the license that will be valid for MC 15 and maybe 16.
So is it resonable that I shall pay again for a bugfix like this for example? A bug that shouldīnt be there at the first place? Even Microsoft have that for free for a long period anyway.
What is your comment on that?

Best Regards
Andreas
JRiver for music

MrC

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 01:59:47 pm »

I'm not sure what settings you are having trouble seeing.  Screenshot maybe?  You are probably not seeing that something scrolls...

I'm not w/JRiver - just a happy customer.  The license is good for one major version (eg. 15 to 16).  There will be probably one new build available / week that adds features and bug fixes (eg. version 15 had 174 builds, version 16 is now on build 56 or so).  If you find a bug, report it, and the developers are good at hitting the high priority issues.  If you look at the builds and release notes over the past couple of versions, you'll see there are hundreds of fixes and enhancements.

Bugs happen - never will you find flawless software.  The focus should be on how well issues are handled.  You're in good hands here.

Captor

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 04:17:16 pm »

Thank you MrC :)
Maybe you have not seen the whole topic? I was in DSP studios and wanted to make some settings regarding the way of output. That windows what did came up did not have the posibility to scroll. There was no scrollist. I also tryed
to shrink the window but that was not possible. It was definetly no screenshot. That was the windows were to set up the output sound quality. If you dont know were I mean I can give you the way there but just right now the computer is turned off and I am about to sleep...
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2011, 11:24:38 am »

Hi again MrC
The problem with non scrolling window is in: TOOLS>OPTIONS>DSP AND OUTPUT FORMAT>OUTPUT FORMAT.
That windows I do not see all of it. I do not see the lower part. I guess there is the buttom to save the settings? But
I donīt know for obvious reasons.
You said I am in good hands here so I guess the support will answer me soon, right?

Anyway this bugs I think we should not pay for to get fixed. But I guess that is what will happen if I payed for my
version for maybe 10 months ago and I find this bug (if it is a bug, I dont know that...). Then the way to get rid of it is to buy a new fixed version. Is that correct?

Another thing I have which might not have anything to do with MC15 but I dont know. When I open the computer the screen is too big for my 50" TV. But if I change the view to pixel by pixel in the TV view setting I am able to see everything. I have to do this everytime I start the computer. Were can I do this so it will last? Is it in the TV settings? The problem is, if the computer is not ON there is no option pixel by pixel! That is there only when the computer is ON.

Thanks in advance
Captor
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 11:38:00 am »

Thank you MrC :)
Maybe you have not seen the whole topic? I was in DSP studios and wanted to make some settings regarding the way of output. That windows what did came up did not have the posibility to scroll. There was no scrollist. I also tryed
to shrink the window but that was not possible. It was definetly no screenshot. That was the windows were to set up the output sound quality. If you dont know were I mean I can give you the way there but just right now the computer is turned off and I am about to sleep...

In MC options for Tree & View, set the font size smaller.

Captor

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2011, 11:47:39 am »

Well that did of course the trick. Fontsize 8. I have to sit 1 m from the 50" screen but I can see the whole window. Looks a little funny though.
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2011, 11:49:34 am »

Well that did of course the trick. Fontsize 8. I have to sit 1 m from the 50" screen but I can see the whole window. Looks a little funny though.

Have you tried Theater View?

Captor

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 02:26:26 pm »

Hi Jim
Yes I have, I have try to change the setting in order to get rid of the text on top. For example HOME, BACK, PLAYING NOW, INFO, LIST and so on. I am afraid of the burning in effect in my plasma sceen. So I have try to find a setting that
is complete clean from that text. Would be nice to have that and when touching the mouse it can pop up again. But I have not found a setting like that or similar.

By the way, is there a quick way to jump back from Theater view to MC?

Best Regards
Captor
JRiver for music

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2011, 03:11:01 pm »

I found this link very helpful when starting out .....

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Keyboard_Hot-keys
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 04:48:18 pm »

By the way, is there a quick way to jump back from Theater view to MC?

Escape, escape.

F11

Captor

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 04:58:16 pm »

Hm, I have already try ESC. but nit F11, OK I will try again.
Thanks.

Thank you too, kensn. I will print that and save for further use.
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 04:59:25 pm »

Escape two times.

Captor

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 05:05:11 pm »