INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 15 locked up  (Read 2275 times)

coxhaus

• Recent member
MC 15 locked up
« on: March 29, 2011, 01:51:45 pm »

My MC 15 locked up. I was changing the song under now playing back to the first song of the CD rip. The whole MC 15 locked. I saw in the center top it was saying buffering.  I try a couple of other things to see if I got a response and Microsoft opened a windows and said MC15 is not responding, close send, etc. so I said close and MC 15 disappeared off the screen. Now when I start MC 15, I get a MC error message

Media Center 15 is running but there may be a problem.
1.   The program is also running under a different user account
2.   2. Media Center 15 and Media Server are both in Windows startup
3.   The program is not responding for a unknown reason

The MC Service is still shown as running. I just checked.
I am running remote desktop from my workstation to the music server. The music server is only running MC 15 no other software. I have never run Media server. What is going on? I guess I am going to have to reboot the server to get MC 15 to work again. Windows 7 x64 SP1 is working fine.

PS. I just thought about it may be having a problem re buffering since I am changing songs on what is already buffered. I do have play from memory checked.
I do have 8gig of ram.

coxhaus

• Recent member
Re: MC 15 locked up
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 10:32:27 am »

OK today I had another lock up the same as above.  I was just starting to play MC 15 after I had just imported 3 or 4 hundred songs. I am now over 10,500 songs total. After seeing the total song count I selected one to play under albums and I clicked play. I saw at the top it said "buffereing" and then nothing. After a minute or so I get the microsft not responding popup window. This all started after applying Windows 7 service pack 1. I have to reboot to get MC 15 to work again, starting and stoping the service does not fix it. I am using Audio Research ASIO drivers. Does any of this help? I really want to run with SP1 as it has better sound.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 10:53:26 am »

Do you have the release version of IE9?  The last beta caused problems.

coxhaus

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 11:35:57 am »

No. I have a very basic system. I have loaded Windows 7 x64 bit and Microsoft patches and SP1. The only other software is JRiver MC 15 which I down loaded about a week or so ago and Audio Research ASIO drivers. I only use this machine to play music using usb connected to a Audio Research DAC8.  I rip all my CDs on my other desktop with dbpoweramp as wave files. I then transfer them over through a share. There is no monitor. I just use remote desktop to control the machine across an ethernet wire. I do not want anything to effect the sound quality.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 12:01:37 pm »

What version of IE do you have?

coxhaus

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 12:16:13 pm »

When I do about on an open IE window this is what I get: