INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center encountered errors  (Read 4592 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center encountered errors
« on: March 30, 2011, 11:58:02 am »

Why did I got this message?  Everything is correct in my settings. I play music and suddenly this came up....

"Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Please make sure that the path in your media points to the right location.
Error details:
Playback could not be started on the output WASAPI using the format 48000Hz, 16 Bits per sample, 2 channels.
This output format may not be supported by your hardware. You can use DSP-studio to change the output to a
compatible format.
Also make sure that your system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in playback options."

Is there anybody who has an idea about this? My trialperiod is about to end. I beleive 2 days left. has that to do
with this?

Best Regards
Captor
JRiver for music

Captor

Re: Media Center encountered errors
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 09:37:41 am »

Anyone?
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 09:48:33 am »

Does your device support 48Khz, 16bps?

Did you try using the DSP Studio option?

Did you try other output modes?
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

Captor

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 11:02:04 am »

Yes my device support that. As I stated before, I played music and then suddenly I could not play. And then
this cam up when I tryed to change song. In my settings I can not choose anything else than 48Khz, 16 bps.
it it gray in thoose fields, meaning can not change anything. I use the DAC in my Audionet Art G2 CD-player by a USB cable. http://www.whathifi.com/review/Audionet-ART-G2
That has worked so far....
I have been using Wasabi in exclusive mode. It has been working very well.
I would like to use ASIO because it is more directly accordning too JRiver but I have not try that yet.
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 01:56:28 pm »

Hi
I have not got any answer on my problem yet. Anyone who can help?
For now My J River dont work for playing music. I have still not bought and my trial period is gone already.
Well there is this reason for that.

Best Regards
Captor

"Why did I got this message?  Everything is correct in my settings. I play music and suddenly this came up....

"Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Please make sure that the path in your media points to the right location.
Error details:
Playback could not be started on the output WASAPI using the format 48000Hz, 16 Bits per sample, 2 channels.
This output format may not be supported by your hardware. You can use DSP-studio to change the output to a
compatible format.
Also make sure that your system has a valid sound playback device and that it is properly configured in playback options."

Is there anybody who has an idea about this? My trialperiod is about to end. I beleive 2 days left. has that to do
with this?

Best Regards
Captor"
JRiver for music

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 02:15:39 pm »

Did you try the Kernel Streaming output mode? Does DirectSound work normally? What do yo have set in the Windows Speakers options?

Are you sure that 48 kHz is correct? What happens when you try to play a 44.1 kHz file?

Conversion
Stereo channels: 192 kHz/24 bits, dual-mono-DAC, multibit-delta-sigma
Sampling rate: 44.1 kHz

Inputs and Outputs
Analog Outputs: 2 cinch line, gold-plated,
2 gold-plated XLR
DA Outputs: 2 cinch, 600mVs into
75 ohms, gold-plated, 1 AES/EBU,
110 ohms, gold plated, 1 Audionet HighBit DataLink,1 optical (TosLink)
DA Inputs: 1 USB for USB-Audio & SPDIF-Audio
Remote Activation: 1 Audionet-Link in, optical (TosLink), 2 Audionet-link out, optical
Ext. Power Supply: 5-pin input

EDIT

If the MC15 trial has ended perhaps you could try MC16.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Captor

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 02:27:58 pm »

Direct sound did not work. Tryed different settings, nothing works.
Windows speaker options is set to my Audionet Art G2 CD player. It worked well before.
One minute I played, next minute silence...

I can try MC16 but is that not full of bugs?
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 02:36:32 pm »

I have been using Wasapi in exclusive mode. It has been working very well.
I would like to use ASIO because it is more directly accordning too JRiver but I have not try that yet.

So WASAPI works but ASIO does not.

Is the ASIO driver from the manufacturer?  It may not be working as you expect.

The article I cited above (Audio Output Modes) gives you the options.

MC16 would be fine to try.

Captor

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 02:44:36 pm »

No! Wasapi works not, and asio works not. None of the settings there works.
But before this happends i use wasapi and that worked just fine.
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 02:46:40 pm »

Try using DSP Studio, as Alex said above, to output 44.1Khz, 16 bit.

The device may accept other outputs, but it's almost certain to accept that.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 05:55:52 pm »

I think it would be best to fully uninstall MC15 before installing MC16. By default MC16 copies the MC15 settings and if they are somehow corrupted the same problem may be transferred to MC16. Use the MC15 uninstaller and check all uninstall options.

In addition you should verify that Windows itself can play through your setup. Can you hear the system sounds and can some simple player that uses the default audio device play normally - for instance, Windows Media Player? If these works a default MC16 installation should also work without changing any output mode or DSP settings (at least when you play standard 16-bit/44.1 kHz stereo audio files). Don't try to change the output settings if the default settings do not work - that problem should be solved before trying the exclusive modes (WASAPI Exclusive, ASIO or Kernel Streaming).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Captor

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 03:44:25 am »

OK, I will do this. Give me 1-2 days.
I can playback other music when using other software. For example XBMC for movies (DVD or streamimg 264-files)
that is no problem. Also VLC media player works fine. But then I do not use the Audionet DAC. Then I playback to a Denon receiver. Ordinary system sounds from windows comes through as well either through the Audionet DAC or the Denon receiver. So every thing points at software problems.
What about my playlists? I guess they will be erased, right? So i have to make a backup on them. Or export and import
to MC16. I have used many hours to create them. Dont want to see them dissapear.
OK, I let you know what happen next.
JRiver for music

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 07:13:28 am »

Did you try DirectSound or WAV Out playback from MC to the receiver.

Double check what you have set under Options/Audio in MC.

Double check the volume settings.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 07:51:58 am »

OK, I will do this. Give me 1-2 days.
I can playback other music when using other software. For example XBMC for movies (DVD or streamimg 264-files)
that is no problem. Also VLC media player works fine. But then I do not use the Audionet DAC. Then I playback to a Denon receiver. Ordinary system sounds from windows comes through as well either through the Audionet DAC or the Denon receiver. So every thing points at software problems.

If the system sounds play correctly through the Audionet DAC then a default installation of MC16 should work as well. All outputted audio goes through the standard Windows audio engine by default.

What about my playlists? I guess they will be erased, right? So i have to make a backup on them. Or export and import
to MC16. I have used many hours to create them. Dont want to see them dissapear.
OK, I let you know what happen next.

Copy the latest automatically created library backup file from
C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 15\Library Backups
to a safe place before uninstalling MC15.

If the backup file appears to be too old you can copy also the actual library database folder:
C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 15\Library

In addition you may want to backup any cover art files you have in
C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 15\Cover Art

The library backup file and the library folder contain the playlists.

In MC16 you can either restore an MC15 backup file by using the File > Library > Restore Library tool (just take care that you uncheck the "restore settings" option) or alternatively you can replace the MC16 library database files with the MC15 files when MC16 is not running.

Captor

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2011, 08:55:12 am »

OK, thank you very much.
JRiver for music

Captor

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 02:28:31 pm »

Hi again, OK I have now updated to MC16. But before I did that I tryed a various of settings in MC15 in order to try to find the problem. Going to update to MC16 so nothing to loose.
Anyway, there is this setting about buffering. In Options/audio/output mode settings. When I decreased that
it suddenly start to work again. I could play music again. Does that makes any sence to you?
JRiver for music
Pages: [1]   Go Up