INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GIZMO 3! (feature requests)  (Read 6309 times)

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
GIZMO 3! (feature requests)
« on: March 31, 2011, 10:11:19 pm »

Gizmo is an awesome idea, but ...

Gizmo 3 should...

1) Be a multimedia player for files ON my device, as well as a server player. (Amazon does this)

2) RATINGS!!!! (doubletwist does this)

3) Take a look at Amazon cloud and DoubleTwist android apps, both are EXTREMELY clean looking. something to emulate.

4) Performer implementation (Amazon has their mp3 store)

5) When using as a Theater View Remote, needs an option for an on screen keyboard so we can quickly type out a search value (gmote has this)

6) A widget AND a lock screen controls. (Doubletwist has this)

7) A cleaner looking interface.

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: GIZMO 3!!!(feature requests)!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 10:23:50 pm »

1. +1
2. +1
3. +1
4. +1
5. +1
6. +1
7. +1

Raphoune

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: GIZMO 3!!!(feature requests)!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 02:20:17 am »

6. Install WidgetLocker. It allows you to put anything on your lockscreen, so you don't have to choose between two lockscreen app.
7. Is it a general Android issue ? Most of my android app using basic UI elements don't look good. It's a shame as many users tend to only see that aspect (maybe not the typical MC user).

dbalkunjr

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: GIZMO 3! (feature requests)
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 09:06:43 am »

+1 for all items listed.  This would solve alot of issues I currently deal with.  This really adds value to Media Center.

kaczor47

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 04:41:53 pm »

Gizmo 3 should...

7) A cleaner looking interface.

For a great, clean interface, see the XBMC remote control app.

yukibarr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 03:38:15 am »

I just saw a demo of Logitech diNovo Mini on YouTube. I thought of getting it and then I thought it would be great if Gizmo could be enhanced to include a virtual keyboard that would allow the user to use all or most of the functions offered by Logitech diNovo Mini. What do people think?

TMA-1

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 06:51:24 am »

I just saw a demo of Logitech diNovo Mini on YouTube. I thought of getting it and then I thought it would be great if Gizmo could be enhanced to include a virtual keyboard that would allow the user to use all or most of the functions offered by Logitech diNovo Mini. What do people think?
Perhaps Im missunderstanding you but all Android devices allready offers a virtual keyboard.

cubii

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 07:13:28 am »

controlling zones!

and

wol (wake on lan)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 07:23:54 am »

Wake on LAN was recently added.  You will need the latest builds of MC16 and Gizmo.

cubii

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 11:39:33 am »

WOW, thanks for info

mlippitt

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 08:06:43 pm »

And another feature request for Gizmo

Gizmo's Theater mode provides a lot of control, but when the usage model is a  small number of functions used frequently there may be a better way.

Proposed is a screen of buttons in Gizmo that can be customized by the user.
The user would use a recording function in MC to record a series of mouse selection/clicks. This macro would be uniquely named by the user. The named macros would be assignable to a new button screen in Gizmo. The button graphic would be rendered with the macro name displayed. Touching the button in Gizmo would cause MC to run the macro.

These are the macros I would build:

Start up a shuffled slide show of all images
Toggle Pause/Play Audio
Toggle Pause/Play Slideshow

thunderstorm77

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 07:17:19 am »

I loved Gizmo on my Galaxy Tab, however, I exchanged it for an iPad. It would be great with Gizmo for iPad, and I would also like to see the complete Playing Now list of songs in Gizmo.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 10:25:32 pm »

+1 for everything mentioned, but would also love to see ability to remotely schedule TV recordings.

Grape Ape

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2011, 11:02:09 pm »

Video playback would be nice.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 07:03:28 am »

Video playback would be nice.
It should work with the most recent build of MC16.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 10:26:37 am »

Running time on the progress bar somehow. Either incrementing from 0 on the left and a static track length on the right OR
incrementing on the left and decrementing on the right.
Minimally useful would be to display briefly the length into the track on the right when the pause button is hit.

One of these would be very useful if listening to a podcast so one could resume if they need to move from the Gizmo to somewhere else or in cases where it's not easy to resume where one left off.

Pjedro

• Recent member
Feature request
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 03:44:47 pm »

I use my Samsung Gallaxy tab 10.1v as remote (with Gizmo), it works perfect!

I have one request;

Gizmo command to shut down the computer (like in Theater view)

(you can wake up the pc (WOL), but you can't shutdown/sleep.

Thanks

Pjedro

sssceo

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2011, 01:28:11 am »

List Views as an alternative to Thumbnail views.

For me it would be a huge improvement if the user could choose a list view for Artists, Albums, etc instead of the thumbnails. I have hundreds of artists in my library so I would like to see as many listed on the screen at once as possible when I am browsing. I also collect live shows of my favorite bands and these album names begin with the date of the show followed by other description. With the thumbnails I can only see the dates. I'd like it much better if I could see more of the album title. I don't care so much about the album cover art, I'd rather have more information.

Otherwise, great app! I found MJ about ten years ago and never looked back. This new DLNA capability is becoming a critical function for me so I'm glad to see that you guys are working it. I'm not sure why information on Gizmo, the ID, etc isn't more front and center on your website. These are great add-ons to fantastic software. People should be finding out about the whole package! Thank you.

Charlie

yukibarr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2011, 05:54:13 am »

Perhaps Im missunderstanding you but all Android devices allready offers a virtual keyboard.
Sure, but the android keyboard cant be used to interact with MC15/16, or can it?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2011, 07:13:31 am »

Sure, but the android keyboard cant be used to interact with MC15/16, or can it?
Only in Gizmo.  Search, for example.

yukibarr

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2011, 07:48:20 am »

Only in Gizmo.  Search, for example.
I tired to use search in Gizmo. For example, I searched for Radiohead. It found it and gave me the option to play etc. However, there is no option to view the Radiohead's albums to select which one to play. Similarly, i can find an album but there is no option to chose which song to play. Am I missing something?

Sheugel

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 03:50:56 am »

However, there is no option to view [...] albums to select which one to play. Similarly, i can find an album but there is no option to chose which song to play. Am I missing something?
I also noticed that. To be user friendly, it should give you stages until a specific song and the ability at each step to play/add or go further.
Also, a search for a given song won't lead you there. I made a search for "Vampire Weekend Run" in order to find that single song but was presented with the choice to play either all the Vampire Weekend titles or the collection of songs containing "run" in their title... This is wrong.
I hope it'll get corrected.

tritium6

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 04:53:54 pm »

Gizmo is great!

My #1 feature request for the next version is that I don't have to tap "Volume Up" 100 times to go from volume 0 to volume 100. Perhaps use a long press that scrolls faster the longer the button is held? Or why not use a slider, as is used in 99% of volume interace widgets?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 05:14:04 pm »

Try the phone's hardware buttons.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2011, 04:33:12 pm »

Gizmo 3 should...

1) Be a multimedia player for files ON my device, as well as a server player. (Amazon does this)

6) A widget AND a lock screen controls. (Doubletwist has this)

These plus bluetooth control so I can pause, change tracks etc with the controls on my bluetooth headphones.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 02:38:43 pm »

I use my Samsung Gallaxy tab 10.1v as remote (with Gizmo), it works perfect!

I have one request;

Gizmo command to shut down the computer (like in Theater view)

(you can wake up the pc (WOL), but you can't shutdown/sleep.

Thanks

Pjedro

I have the same problem... I managed to get wake on lan working, but sometimes I need to shutdowm my computer too from another location. What I find awesome is the fact that I can show people images from my computer, play music and see movies when I'm away from home on vacation. It doesn't seem to be a good idea to keep it on till we are back...

I know there are apps out there but I would prefer it in one app: GIZMO!

Is there any change it will be in it?

My other problem is that when the PC is down it takes minutes to completely start up. So GIZMO cannot connect in the first seconds so you get an error message. Is there a "smoother" way to have this working?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 02:44:05 pm »

One way to do this is to use the Windows settings to shut down the PC after x minutes of inactivity and then use Wake On LAN to wake the PC when you need it.  Gizmo supports WOL.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Wake_on_Lan

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 03:02:56 pm »

Hello Jim,

I knew GIZMO has WOL. That's why I got into it and made it work on my PC.
I would prefer to shutdown my PC after I'm done, there are some apps on market that I also could use for other things to run on my PC.

I'm really glad I gave MC16 a try (and purchased it).

Off-topic: Will there be new JRiver ID soon in stock? Could you take a look at my problem trying to get ripped DVD's to play on my phone/webpage?

Regards,

Theo

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 03:46:49 pm »

I would prefer to shutdown my PC after I'm done, there are some apps on market that I also could use for other things to run on my PC.
Why not just use Windows to do the shutdown automatically after 30 minutes of inactivity, for example?

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 04:19:26 pm »

It could be an option.

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 04:33:11 pm »

my requests in order my families importance

1. ability to have same views on gizmo as on theaterview. give an option in media network options to use same view as theaterview or not.
If thats not possible, at least the ability to customze views identical to how we have them in theaterview so that music videos, tv shows, movies home videos can all have there own views

2. gizmo to play media thats local on devices for when we loose internet connections (for roadtrips)

3. ability to rate stuff (ratings)

4. a sleep timer, so we can use it at night to listen to music, and then set the timer to send a stop command to gizmo, so it conserves battery so that our phone still has battery power in the morning to wake us up.

5. probably a pipedream  but a cool feature - making gizmo be like a logitech harmony remote, so it can control our devices, lights, components, etc. basically one would have a wifi device with ability to have ir's or use X-10 type products and then gizmo could communicate with device via internet.

Pages: [1]   Go Up