INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.64 -- Available Here  (Read 8345 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.64 -- Available Here
« on: April 07, 2011, 02:07:16 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter160064.exe

16.0.64 (4/6/2011)

1. Fixed: If Internet Explorer was set to 'Work Offline', it would not be possible to connect to a library server.
2. Fixed: The fuzzy match search engine could crash in certain cases (used by the search box, Play Doctor, etc.).
3. Changed: The 'Add Library' dialog has more robust checking of user data entry in the Access Key / URL box.
4. Changed: Playing Now > Playing From is clickable in the tree, and acts as a home page for library management.
5. Changed: Added a 'Library Manager...' item to File > Library menu that jumps to the library manager in the tree.
6. Changed: It's no longer possible to add a library that fails to load (instead the 'Add Library' dialog will report the problem and stay visible).

16.0.63 (4/1/2011)

1. Changed: Added more logging to SSDP responder.
2. Fixed: Updated YouTube support for recent YouTube site changes.

16.0.62 (3/31/2011)

1. Fixed: When editing more than 100 files at a time in the Tag Action Window, tabbing after a change would discard the change instead of confirm the change.

16.0.61 (3/30/2011)

1. NEW: Library Server client wakes a sleeping server when connecting (requires using an Access Key to connect, and also enabling wake on lan / wan on your network).
2. Fixed: Manually adding a library location for a library that was previously found on the network but not currently available would not work nicely.
3. Changed: Improved video quality settings for Android conversions.
4. Fixed: ID3v2 tags with big-endian UTF-16 values were not being read correctly.

16.0.60 (3/29/2011)

1. Changed: Dutch language translation updated (thanks bennyd).
2. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
3. Fixed: In some cases, the installer could incorrectly reboot instead of launch the program after an install (only applies to builds 53-59).
4. Changed: When the installer wishes to restart, clicking 'Finish' with the 'Restart Windows now' box checked will show a confirmation dialog to avoid unexpected restarts.
5. Fixed: Aspect ratio on Android video conversions was sometimes incorrect.
6. Changed: Video encoding profile simplified somewhat for Android conversions.

16.0.59 (3/29/2011)

1. Fixed: When registering MAC addresses for wake on lan, the last MAC address would not be included in some case.

16.0.58 (3/28/2011)

1. Changed: Refined mp4/m4a tag reader so it will get more precise bitrate values.  It will also handle very large files (ones requiring 64bit integers).
2. Fixed: ID3v2 tag reading and writing of COMM frames was not working properly (only applies to build 53 - 57).
3. Changed: Added support for some additional ID3v2.2 frames.
4. Fixed: High sample rate ALAC files would play at 44.1 instead of the higher sample rate.
5. Fixed: DLNA server, return sane content length when seek is requested past EOF. Fixes stall problem with XBMC and mp3's. Perhaps others...

16.0.57 (3/24/2011)

1. Fixed: Video encoder for Android was not getting automatically updated to the latest version.
2. Fixed: mp4/m4a tag reader got bitrate wrong.
3. Fixed: More configuration for Android video conversion.
4. Changed: When registering for an Access Key, the server's MAC address is sent so that Wake on WAN/LAN will be possible with Gizmo.  Library Server soon.

Charles Hansen

• Recent member
More Fun With ALAC!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 12:40:27 pm »

Hi there,

The latest version plays hi-res ALAC files fine, but the sample rate is still reported incorrectly.

I have one album that is a DVD-Audio rip with sound at 88.2/24. It plays perfectly (my DAC has a sample rate display, so I know that it is doing the right thing), but when the "Sample Rate" display is checked to create a display column, it still displays "44100 Hz".

And here is the funny thing. In the same folder I have one track that I converted to AIFF for testing purposes. (The original ALAC file is also there.) The AIFF file is correctly listed as "88200 Hz" in the "Sample Rate" column. But when I am in "Artist View", the sample rate is listed as "47492.3 Hz"! I guess the program is averaging one track at 88.2 kHz with the other tracks that are incorrectly listed at 44.1 kHz to come up with that strange answer...

Don't you just love closed proprietary formats? Thanks for your hard work!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 16.0.64 -- Available Here
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 03:15:53 pm »

MC16 is freezing when trying to connect to my library server. I can connect to the web interface but MC won't download the library file.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 05:01:28 pm »

MC16 is freezing when trying to connect to my library server. I can connect to the web interface but MC won't download the library file.
If you have the client side set to sync, you'll need to use authentication on both sides.

globetrotters1

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 07:19:31 am »

16.0.62 (3/31/2011)
1. Fixed: When editing more than 100 files at a time in the Tag Action Window, tabbing after a change would discard the change instead of confirm the change.

Hey guys, you made my day! Thanks a lot  ;D

There is a saying in german: "good things need time [to evolve]" :) :) :)

shAf

Selecting for action evades intent
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 06:16:00 am »

This morning I wanted to convert a flac (to ogg), that hadn't been converted with the accompanying tracks, so the situation was 1 flac (to be converted) and 5 oggs (previously converted).  Therefore, I selected the flac, right-click ... 'library tools=>convert format'.  However, while only the selected file should have converted, apparently all tracks in the view were selected and converted.

I wonder if this is a general problem(?) ... ie, I reported in another thread about 'Export to iTunes ...' not working with selected albums because the view was my entire library with my intent being to export only the selected albums ... ie, the action exported my entire library (ie, until I killed MC with the task manager)

EDIT:  It appears not to be that general ... ie, I can select only a couple for 'analyze audio', and only those selected will be analysed.  And, I cannot seem to duplicate the previous problem ... if I do, I'll report back ...
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

grahamk

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 09:19:47 am »

I upgraded to build 64 to fix the youtube problem (thanks) and can no longer pause netflix playback with the media center remote.

Everything else seems to work fine except the pause key.....

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 09:33:17 am »

If you have the client side set to sync, you'll need to use authentication on both sides.

Authentication is enabled on both. Here's the weird thing: it IS possible for me to access the library server if I am on my LAN and do a loopback request through my dynamic DNS hostname. However, I cannot access the server directly through my LAN or from outside my LAN using the same dynamic DNS hostname. I can always access the media server webpage (with gizmo, etc.) just fine in all locations.

Really weird stuff!

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 11:13:30 pm »

In the Configure Auto Import Folder, when editing a folder to chose what type of media is imported, the first time you click on any filetype, the Audio type auto-expands, rather than checking or unchecking the filetype whose check box you clicked on.

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 06:12:49 am »

In the Configure Auto Import Folder, when editing a folder to chose what type of media is imported, the first time you click on any filetype, the Audio type auto-expands, rather than checking or unchecking the filetype whose check box you clicked on.

Yup, I also found that annoying.

thorathome

• Junior Woodchuck
New directories under J River Conversion Cache
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 06:30:25 pm »

Hi folks, 
With the MC16/WinXP, I now have a J River Conversion Cache directory with subdirectories that get built, probably on synch with a Blackberry. 
I erase them and they reappear.  No big deal, but they should probably be cleared out. 

If you need more info, I try to get it. 

Thanks for keeping the beat going. 
T

Stargazer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 10:13:08 pm »

Hello Jim,

I have MC14 and would like to upgrade to MC16, but was wondering if the MC16 license would also work with MC15 until MC16 gets to a stable release? 

Thanks, Media Center is great.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 10:50:31 pm »

I have MC14 and would like to upgrade to MC16, but was wondering if the MC16 license would also work with MC15 until MC16 gets to a stable release? 

A v16 license works with v15 or v16.  However, I would recommend v16 at this point.

Thanks for thinking of upgrading.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SirOrange

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 09:20:10 am »

Thankyou so so so much for putting in the Library manager!

Fantastic Work!

dlmax63

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 10:45:44 pm »

Don't know if its a bug or not...

Importing ALAC m4a files takes longer and adding cover art from file (and then subsequent thumbs) takes significantly longer.
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

Stargazer

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: New directories under J River Conversion Cache
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 05:16:05 pm »

Hi folks, 
With the MC16/WinXP, I now have a J River Conversion Cache directory with subdirectories that get built, probably on synch with a Blackberry. 
I erase them and they reappear.  No big deal, but they should probably be cleared out. 

If you need more info, I try to get it. 

Thanks for keeping the beat going. 
T

I not only have the 'Conversion Cache' filled with files that I streamed over the Internet.... the files are even added to the library as mp3s and 'stacked' with the FLACs... 

This must be a new feature, i guess, with MC16 as, MC 14 did not do this.. is the only way to stop this, is to actually stream the larger FLAC file so no conversion is needed?? 

I do not want a bunch of 'stacks' in my library, nor MP3s in a cache

This happen even if the client of the Library Server is on the local subnet... if I play in the 'Here' zone of the client the stacks are created on the Server.   I usually use 'There:Here' when I at home but stream to a work computer and that is when I first noticed this.

What can I do about this??

Thanks,
Doug

wymnxa

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 07:20:51 pm »

I've come across a bug where MC16 will shave the final ~15 seconds (it's different for each song) off of the end of every song from albums stored as a single FLAC file and a CUE file. It happens in every album stored this way, with cross-fading on and off. Can't say if it's exclusive to FLAC since I only have FLAC albums that are stored this way.

chriswatson

• Junior Woodchuck
Error "Media Center has stopped working"
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 12:36:29 pm »

I am getting this error in two instances of Media center. One in my desktop Windows 7X64 and the other in my virtual music machine which is Windows 7x64. I did a complete uninstall of both machines, rebooted and then re-installed.

At first I thought this had something to do with importing songs. Now it seems to be crashing randomly when I play music as well.....

>>>>>>Desktop Physical Machine<<<<<<<
All it says is "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly"... Looking in the Application event log shows
"Faulting application name: Media Center 16.exe, version: 16.0.64.0, time stamp: 0x4d9ce15c
Faulting module name: in_mp4.dll, version: 16.0.1.0, time stamp: 0x4d9ce0ec
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00015d9a
Faulting process id: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12

>>>>>Virtual Machine Event Log<<<<<<
Faulting application name: Media Center 16.exe, version: 16.0.64.0, time stamp: 0x4d9ce15c
Faulting process id: 0xd70
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbfea52de195ee
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 16\Media Center 16.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\in_mp4.dll

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Error "Media Center has stopped working"
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 02:46:01 pm »

Please send a copy of the MP4 file that causes a crash to matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.

chriswatson

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 03:53:53 pm »

Hi Matt, I don't know what that file is. This error occurs at a (apparently) random point when I import files. It also "seems" to occur when I am scrolling through music without playing. e.g. I was sorting my music and that error occured. Despite the fact the error is occuring in that DLL it seems to happen at times when I am *not* playing music.  Here is another log. This occured when I was importing but not playing music. I even turned off "analyze audio" just in case that was calling in_mp4.

Here's the most recent log"Faulting application name: Media Center 16.exe, version: 16.0.64.0, time stamp: 0x4d9ce15c
Faulting process id: 0x69c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbfed2c1c818ff
Faulting application path: D:\Apps\MediaCenter\Media Center 16.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Apps\MediaCenter\Plugins\in_mp4.dll
Report Id: 60510a9c-6ac6-11e0-ae9e-6cf049e751c4"

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 04:07:29 pm »

Hi Matt, I don't know what that file is. This error occurs at a (apparently) random point when I import files. It also "seems" to occur when I am scrolling through music without playing. e.g. I was sorting my music and that error occured. Despite the fact the error is occuring in that DLL it seems to happen at times when I am *not* playing music.  Here is another log. This occured when I was importing but not playing music. I even turned off "analyze audio" just in case that was calling in_mp4.

Here's the most recent log"Faulting application name: Media Center 16.exe, version: 16.0.64.0, time stamp: 0x4d9ce15c
Faulting process id: 0x69c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbfed2c1c818ff
Faulting application path: D:\Apps\MediaCenter\Media Center 16.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Apps\MediaCenter\Plugins\in_mp4.dll
Report Id: 60510a9c-6ac6-11e0-ae9e-6cf049e751c4"

If it's importing that is crashing, please use Help > Logging.  After a crash, restart and send the previous log to matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.

chromathegreat

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 10:54:42 pm »

I was having the exact problem.  I think it was failing when trying to import some .m4a files that were partially downloaded. I moved them to a directory that isn't in my auto-import list, and everything's been solid so far.  Could that be your issue too?

--Andrew

chriswatson

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 08:36:53 am »

I'll turn on the logging. I'm not sure what's going on. Media Center 15 works on all my files. We'll see what the logs say.

~C
Pages: [1]   Go Up