INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 24/96 flac files play at 4800  (Read 2088 times)

paxtonkd

• Recent member
24/96 flac files play at 4800
« on: April 27, 2011, 09:48:43 am »

I have downloaded the eval. version and imported a playlist of 24/96 flac files.  When I play the files on my Oppo BDP-93 they play at 48k.  Can I force the software to play them at 96k?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: 24/96 flac files play at 4800
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 09:56:15 am »

How are you playing them on the Oppo? DLNA? You may want to check your settings in Tools->Options->DSP and Output Format->Output Format.

paxtonkd

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 07:34:09 am »

Thank you Bryanhoop for your reply.  Yes, the Oppo is a DLNA device.  Although your suggestion did not solve my problem, it made me look around in the right area.  Ultimately, I had to go to Media Network|DLNA Server|Audio|Encoder and change it from the default of MP3 High Bandwidth Stream to Uncompressed Stream.  I made the same change at Media Network|Library Server Client|Audio Conversion|Encoder.  The Oppo now plays the 24/96 flacs at 24/96, which does make a sonic difference.

Now, if I can just figure out how to get Media Server to send the metadata for the files to the Oppo so it will display the info I will be a totally happy camper.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: 24/96 flac files play at 48000
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 09:45:59 am »

Ultimately, I had to go to Media Network|DLNA Server|Audio|Encoder and change it from the default of MP3 High Bandwidth Stream to Uncompressed Stream.

The maximum sample rate of the MP3 format is 48 kHz (apparently the source audio data is automatically resampled). The bit depth value is not stored at all in the MP3 format (which is quite different from PCM). When MP3 is decoded the resulting PCM audio stream will again contain a certain bit depth, but when the decoding happens in a DLNA device this value cannot be set in MC.

The conversion setting in the server MC instance's DLNA options is used when the audio stream is send to a DLNA renderer.
MC16 DLNA Server > DLNA device (renderer)

I made the same change at Media Network|Library Server Client|Audio Conversion|Encoder.

The MC16 Library Server client settings are effective when the client MC instance plays the files directly to a Windows sound device. The Library Server/Client system is different and separate from DLNA.
MC16 Library Server PC > MC16 Client PC > Windows sound device

Now, if I can just figure out how to get Media Server to send the metadata for the files to the Oppo so it will display the info I will be a totally happy camper.

Have you tried the advanced options in "Add or configure DLNA servers..." ?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

srsanford

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 03:09:08 pm »

low bitrate .flacs play correctly, but high bitrate (above 1200ish will not play

Any ideas please???

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 03:22:40 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Use Player/DSP Studio/Output format to find a sample rate and bitrate that will work.  What are you playing it to? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up