INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot play internet Radio using PlugPlayer and MC16 renderer  (Read 2274 times)

dexterdom

• Recent member

Hello,
I'm using PlugPlayer as a DLNA remote (MC is the configured as the DLNA server and also the renderer).
MC 16.0.87 is installed on a Windows Home Server v1 machine. I have no problems using Plugplayer
play any of my locally stored media (FLAC and MP3 files), and for my internet radio I created
a "Radio Stations" playlist with some internet URLs. From within PlugPlayer I can see this playlist fine,
but whenever I try to play an internet station nothing happens on plugplayer and when I check the MC server I see the following error popup:
Media Center encountered errors while trying to play the last several files. Please make sure
that the path in your media library points to the right location.

I have no issues playing the radio stations directly within MC so I know the URLs are working properly.

In case it's helpful I have saved an MC log file, but I can't figure out how to attach it to a post (it's too long to embed into a post directly).

Any advice?

Thanks!

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cannot play internet Radio using PlugPlayer and MC16 renderer
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 02:33:18 pm »

Will be fixed for mp3 streams in the next build. I'm not sure about conversion of non-mp3 feeds.

dexterdom

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 09:18:56 pm »

Thanks for the update that's great to hear.
Regarding your comment about conversion of non-mp3 streams, would this be relevant for me if I have audio conversion set to "never convert" in the MC DLNA Server settings?

EDIT: I just realized I was woefully downlevel on my MC16 install and updated to .97 - my radio stations play fine now via plugplayer! The one issue I have is that the plugplayer interface does not display song or artist info (it shows <unknown> for both). If I look at MC on my server this info displays properly, so it looks like artist/song info is not being communicated properly to plugplayer. Are there any DLNA setting in MC that I can check to correct this? Would a log file help debug this?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 11:06:54 am »

Thanks for the update that's great to hear.
Regarding your comment about conversion of non-mp3 streams, would this be relevant for me if I have audio conversion set to "never convert" in the MC DLNA Server settings?
No.
EDIT: I just realized I was woefully downlevel on my MC16 install and updated to .97 - my radio stations play fine now via plugplayer! The one issue I have is that the plugplayer interface does not display song or artist info (it shows <unknown> for both). If I look at MC on my server this info displays properly, so it looks like artist/song info is not being communicated properly to plugplayer. Are there any DLNA setting in MC that I can check to correct this? Would a log file help debug this?
I noticed that as well. It's because the stream isn't tagged. I then tagged the stream with album and artist and it showed up fine in PP.

dexterdom

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 03:49:13 pm »

No.I noticed that as well. It's because the stream isn't tagged. I then tagged the stream with album and artist and it showed up fine in PP.

Forgive my ignorance, I'm a newbie with MC. I tried to tag the streams but it seems to only give me an option to hardcode a specific artist or song - is it possible to put variables into these fields so that they would dynamically pick up the currently playing artist/song info from the stream?

Cheers  ;D

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 01:39:33 pm »

Forgive my ignorance, I'm a newbie with MC. I tried to tag the streams but it seems to only give me an option to hardcode a specific artist or song - is it possible to put variables into these fields so that they would dynamically pick up the currently playing artist/song info from the stream?

Cheers  ;D
I'm not an expert on tagging but I don't think you can do that. PP caches the entry anyway so even if one could tag it that way I don't see PP picking the changes up.
What I did was put a description of the stream in as Artist/Album. Like KFAI as the artist and Stream as the album.

dexterdom

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 12:26:18 am »

Hi Bob, just an fyi...
I posted this question to the Plugplayer forum and the developer advised me that PP does not look "inside" the stream to collect any metadata, so it looks like PP does not currently support this functionality.
So at the moment I'm using PP for all of my local media and webremote for internet radio streams because webremote can display the current playing song info. It would be so sweet if I could use one app for everything. Maybe I should take a sabbatical and write my own app :-)

dexterdom

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 10:30:42 pm »

?
Ok I just updated to 16.0.105 and this problem (described in the original post) is happening again. Could you please help??

Thanks! Dom

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 01:06:29 pm »

?
Ok I just updated to 16.0.105 and this problem (described in the original post) is happening again. Could you please help??

Thanks! Dom
Hi Dom,
I just tried 105 and it worked fine for me :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up