INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with UPnP over my network with 3 PC's and DLNA renderer.  (Read 1581 times)

Radioart

• Recent member

I need help to resolve an issue with my 3 PC's all running the latest MC15.  One of the PC's is running W7 Ultimate on WiFi, another is running XP on WiFi, and the third is running W7 Home Premium and wired Ethernet.  So far only the Home Premium machine shows all three PC's and the Renderer in the Playing Now list.  The other two only show themselves and one other PC and no Renderer.  I have checked all the DLNA and UPnP boxes in the options window in MC15 and let it set over night and still no connectivity as described.  PC#1_XP sees PC #1 and #3, PC#2 sees PC #2 and #3, PC#3 sees PC#1, 2 and 3 and the Renderer.  By the way the Renderer is WiFied to the network.  The Renderer only sees PC#3....

Any help will be appreciated.... 

Radioart :(

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem with UPnP over my network with 3 PC's and DLNA renderer.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 09:03:46 am »

Firewalls could cause this.

Radioart

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 09:47:43 am »

thanks Jim for the suggestion.  But no joy; I turned off the Windows firewall on PC's #1 & 2 ( the PC's that would not see each other or the Renderer) and restarted everything....  After a few minutes MC15 Playing Now list did not change from before.

csimon

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:13:03 am »

To summarise, do I understand that only the wired PC is able to see everything else?

Don't know if this in any way relates to your situation but I found that anything on the wireless port of my router had connectivity problems to other machines when it came to UPnP/DLNA. It was an old router, I have now replaced it with a modern Netgear and everything is now fine.  It looks like my old router was not passing through broadcast/discovery messages over its wireless port.

Radioart

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 10:15:27 am »

Thanks for the input, I'll check with our IT guys and see what they think....

Radioart

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 10:20:05 am »

To summarise, do I understand that only the wired PC is able to see everything else?

Don't know if this in any way relates to your situation but I found that anything on the wireless port of my router had connectivity problems to other machines when it came to UPnP/DLNA. It was an old router, I have now replaced it with a modern Netgear and everything is now fine.  It looks like my old router was not passing through broadcast/discovery messages over its wireless port.
This sounds likely to me. There may also be a setting on the router to filter out multicast packets that should be turned off.

csimon

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 10:24:09 am »

Yes, my old router simply had settings for UPnP on or off, and SSDP I think on or off,it was as simple as that.  Both were on.  I went down the firewall route initially but no amount of experimenting could solve the problem.

My new router has the same settings but this one just seems to work.  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up