INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.97 -- Available Here  (Read 4507 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 16.0.97 -- Available Here
« on: May 25, 2011, 04:52:14 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

More on Red October

Update: Run Media Center and check for updates or
Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v16/latest/MediaCenter160097.exe

16.0.97 (5/25/2011)

1. Fixed: During video playback, the channel headroom was not being provided to Room Correction, so the total output level could be lower than necessary.
2. Fixed: AC3 was appearing twice in File Types.
3. Faster: JRSS down-mix processing is 245% faster (i.e. 5.1 to 2.0, etc.).
4. Fixed: Navigating in Theater View could crash when skipping multiple browse levels that only contained a single choice.
5. Fixed: When scanning for television channels, the new channels would show in 'Recently Imported'.
6. Fixed: Shutting down the program could be unnecessarily stalled for a second by the remote control engine.
7. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
8. Changed: Added the ability to add a 'Mute' filter to DSP Studio > Parametric Equalizer.
9. Changed: With Red October off, user selected audio or video decoders will be used (if a decoder you would like to use does not get used, please report the filter details -- support is currently done on a white-list basis).
10. Changed: With Red October off, when ffdshow is manually selected as a decoder for a file type, auto-configuration of ffdshow will be disabled.
11. Changed: Microsoft's "Stream Buffer Source" filter is used to render dvr-ms and wtv files.
12. Changed: Updated to latest LAV splitter (.27) which better handles TS files.

16.0.96 (5/24/2011)

1. Fixed: When JRSS mixed from 5.1 or 7.1 to 4.0 or lower, the subwoofer level could be too low (now respects the option 'Source is correctly mastered for +10 dB calibration').
2. Fixed: Videos with low sample rates could fail to play if the sound card did not support a low sample rate (DSP Studio > Output Format is now automatically configured if necessary).
3. Changed: Removed skinning from system Font dialog because skinning doesn't nicely support all of the controls used by the dialog on some versions of Windows.
4. Fixed: DLNA Servers would expose a new ID each run until they were configured once.
5. Changed: Red October now sets the "threadsnum" parameter for ffdshow to 4.
6. NEW: "FPS" (frame rate) field for video, filled in during import time.
7. Changed: Tuned how MC16.exe /MonitorToggle works so that it should work with more configurations.
8. Changed: Allow DLNA server to serve unconverted streaming content.
9. Fixed: WMV files that contained video that the system Windows Media video decoder filter did not support would not work properly with Red October.
10. Changed: Red October subtitle handling is improved.
11. Fixed: Toggling in and out of Theater View could be problematic.
12. Changed: Android video conversion now uses the Red October system.
13. NEW: Media Center adds itself to the 'Default programs' list on Vista and Windows 7.
14. Fixed: At system shutdown time, Media Center could hold up the shutdown because it was trying to communicate with the Service which was already shut down.

16.0.95 (5/20/2011)

1. Fixed: WOL for WAN hosts and fixed to handle multiple interfaces properly.
2. Changed: Red October will use PowerDVD 9 when available for video decoding on systems where the Microsoft decoders are not available (normally XP systems).
3. Changed: Updated to new version of ffdshow (ffdshow_rev3850_20110511_xhmikosr_MSVC2010.exe).
4. Fixed: VMR 9 was not working nicely with DVD.
5. Changed: Removed the option DSP Studio > Output Format option 'Something outside Media Center will make the subwoofer +10 dB (standard calibration)'.  All level calibration should be done using Room Correction.
6. Changed: Room Correction allows setting levels from -20dB to +20dB (previously it had a range of -12dB to +12dB).
7. NEW: The Output Format and Room Correction systems work together better to track the available headroom in each audio channel so that unnecessary attenuation is never performed.
8. Fixed: DSP Studio > Room Correction would unnecessarily attenuate all channels when they all had negative volume levels (only the relative differences should matter).
9. Changed: Library and playlist views do not show a playing overlay on a thumbnail when it's the active playback file but playback is stopped (or else the green play overlay causes confusion with the 'Play' text link).
10. Changed: Tuned the slow double click mechanism for in-place list editing so that a fast double-click that just misses being a double-click won't start editing.
11. Fixed: Thumbnailing and analyzing of video files now works with Red October.
12. Changed: Enabled more subtitle options in Red October mode, hopefully they improve subtitle activation.

16.0.94 (5/19/2011)

1. Fixed: Video volume normalization did not work nicely with VideoClock enabled.
2. Changed: Updated ffdshow download to "rev3832 Apr 29 2011 ICL 12"
3. Fixed: Video playback of files with AC3 audio (HDTV, DVD, etc.) could make goose honking noises on seek.
4. Fixed: With VideoClock enabled, if the video took more than a couple seconds to start, the lip sync would take longer than expected to lock on.
5. Changed: Red October will not use madVR for DVD.
6. Changed: Turned off ffdshow tray icon in auto config mode.
7. Fixed: The direct show connection info now reports the correct filename path for filters when using auto config.
8. Changed: Improved the support of WMV files with Red October.
9. Fixed: Starting TS playback with a bookmark saved could be problematic when using Red October.
10. Changed: Theater View theme video backgrounds use Red October.
11. NEW: Video audio volume normalization considers the video type being played so that it can make better decisions about the levels.
12. Fixed: MC crashed in some cases when playing videos with Red October turned off.

16.0.93 (5/18/2011)

1. NEW: Television time-shifting filters will now properly handle channel switching that involves audio format changes (from AC3 to MPEG and vice versa).
2. NEW: Added support for .ac3 audio files.
3. Fixed: Mpeg-1 video from a URL was not playing in auto config mode.
4. Fixed: The volume control was not updating properly to connect to the proper sound card for video playback.
5. Fixed: When the audio stream format changes in the middle of a video, the volume control would not be updated to reflect the bitstreaming status.
6. NEW: DVD playback uses the new video graph building system.
7. NEW: Added Options > Video > Audio for Video, DVD, & Television > Normalize volume.
8. Changed: Properties for ffdshow audio/video decoders can no longer be shown when in auto config mode. Previously this caused a crash.

16.0.92 (5/18/2011)

1. Fixed: In some cases, an existing installation of ffdshow could cause video playback to fail.
2. Fixed: On XP systems, if VMR 9 was not available, video playback would fail.
3. Changed: Internal changes to how video playback is configured and played.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 16.0.97 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 04:52:31 pm »

16.0.91 (5/17/2011)

1. NEW: When in Red October automatic config mode for DirectShow video playback, all filters are now directly connected instead of using "smart" connection.
2. NEW: When in Red October automatic config mode for DirectShow, known safe filters are loaded explicitly instead of using filters registered on the system.
3. Fixed: DLNA playback was unnecessarily causing conversion stacks to be created for non-MP3 file types.
4. Fixed: When controlling a DLNA device, Last.fm Scrobbling could trigger twice if the playback server was the same as the controlling machine.
5. Fixed: The location text used by Theater View skins was not updating correctly in some cases when using the new Theater View navigation components.
6. Changed: Updated the default Theater View theme to match the new Theater View layout.
7. NEW: Theater View theme images that are downloaded are cached between runs (previously it used a runtime only cache).
8. Fixed: Tivo music playback wasn't working with conversion enabled.

16.0.90 (5/13/2011)

1. Fixed: Possible crash in 16.0.89 related to querying output plugins for their bitstreaming status.
2. Fixed: Added a workaround that would cause the audio renderer to not get fully released when stopping playback due to an ffdshow leak.
3. Fixed: After leaving Theater View while in Live TV or Guide view and then returning, navigation could be broken.
4. Fixed: Library views that only had one item in the root level grouping could cause problems in Theater View.
5. Fixed: A few bugs regarding Theater View 'Items To Show' customization when using nesting.
6. NEW: Added Blu-ray support to file associations, auto-run actions, etc. (configure in Options > File Types and Options > CD & DVD).
7. Fixed: With UAC, auto-run disabling (if selected in Options > CD & DVD) would not always work.

16.0.89 (5/12/2011)

1. NEW: Renamed 'Check for Updates' to 'Update Channels' in the Help menu and added channel selection and other options right there.
2. NEW: Added the ability to choose a download folder and number of downloads to keep to the update channel system.
3. Fixed: Changing Update Channel options in Options and clicking 'Cancel' would not discard changes.
4. Changed: Importing of mp4 videos will use direct parsing method as used in importing of m4a audios.
5. Faster: MP4 (M4A, ALAC, MP4 video) importing / parsing is 10 to 30 times faster (was about 16.5 times faster on a test suite of many files).
6. Changed: When looking up a series from TheTVDB.com for Theater View backdrops, all languages are searched instead of only English.
7. Changed: Update Channels will better handle cases where two or more updates are pushed before the user allows installation.
8. NEW: Added bitstreaming support for Dolby True HD and DTS-HD to the JRiver audio engine.
9. SDK: Added support for Location=Next to MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayByKey so that a file can be set as the next to play.
10. Fixed: When using ASIO, audio format changes in the middle of a video stream were not always supported nicely.
11. Changed: Added support for the non-standard TXXX(RATING) ID3v2 tag used by some programs.
12. Changed: The JRiver audio engine resampler did not cope nicely with 11024 Hz input (used by some cameras in recorded video, etc.)
13. NEW: While bitstreaming audio during video playback, the volume slider, volume tooltip, and volume menu update nicely to reflect that bitstreaming is occurring.
14. Fixed: Displaying filter property pages in television would hang MC.
15. NEW: Many improvements to the automatic filter configuration system for video playback.

16.0.88 (5/10/2011)

1. Fixed: Clicking 'Details' while downloading in the Action Window would show the downloads view but the tab / header would not be labeled 'Downloads'.
2. Changed: Improved the quality of the artwork provided to Gizmo when browsing.
3. NEW: Added ability to select a different aspect ratio from the OSD menu while viewing Netflix instant videos in Theater View.
4. Fixed: Hitting Enter (or OK on a remote) was not working as a pause/play shortcut while viewing Netflix videos.

16.0.87 (5/10/2011)

1. Changed: The update system uses the standard "MediaCenter16008x.exe" naming instead of "Install (16.0.8x).exe" naming.
2. Fixed: The update system could fallback from 'Beta' to 'Development' on a single server failure (now requires multiple failures where Beta fails but Latest works).
3. Changed: Tuned the check for update frequency for the 'Latest' channel so that it checks for updates more often.
4. Changed: If the update system runs a pending update but it's cancelled or fails for some reason, relaunching Media Center will show a message that allows discarding the update (previously an endless loop was possible with a corrupted download).

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 05:01:06 pm »

9. Changed: With Red October off, user selected audio or video decoders will be used (if a decoder you would like to use does not get used, please report the filter details -- support is currently done on a white-list basis).

The video filter, LAV CUVID, is not being selected with Red October off. Instead, the auto configured ffdshow is being used. Please white-list LAV CUVID. Also, if you can't use a user selected decoder, I think the ffdshow one shouldn't be auto configured, but should be user configurable.

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 05:12:27 pm »

The video filter, LAV CUVID, is not being selected with Red October off. Instead, the auto configured ffdshow is being used. Please white-list LAV CUVID. Also, if you can't use a user selected decoder, I think the ffdshow one shouldn't be auto configured, but should be user configurable.

Yea, I agree with that, as well.  I created a thread for filters not working.  Cyberlink PDVD11 video decoder isn't working, either.  So, that means the 2 video decoders I rely on aren't working.  I use LAV CUVID on my nVidia machine.  Fate is against me today I think.  :)

Alexx

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Now I feel wonderful!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 05:56:42 pm »

NEW: Media Center adds itself to the 'Default programs' list on Vista and Windows 7.

Wonderful!  Been waiting for this.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 06:08:10 pm »

First of all: AWESOME!!

Second,

Update: Run Media Center and check for updates or

I Checked for updates from a library client (my laptop connected to the HTPC server), and it said I am up to date, so this didn't work.

I will check from the HTPC now, and if it updates, I'll try again from the laptop, but wanted to report this first, in case it works, and I get caught up "playing" with all the new stuff, then forget to mention this :)

thanks again for clearly focusing on "just works" for video files; I know it will be widely appreciated!! :)
pretend this is something funny

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 06:27:18 pm »

I Checked for updates from a library client (my laptop connected to the HTPC server), and it said I am up to date, so this didn't work.

You need to pick 'Latest' for the update channel if you want builds posted here.  More information here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64020.msg427984

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 07:04:01 pm »

weird, that was the problem, but I am/was running .87 on this laptop machine, so it must have been set to latest at some point, or I couldn't have gotten that version.

anyway, it's downloading now.

thanks again.
pretend this is something funny

Supersnake

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 08:41:34 pm »

You need to pick 'Latest' for the update channel if you want builds posted here.  More information here:

weird, that was the problem, but I am/was running .87 on this laptop machine, so it must have been set to latest at some point, or I couldn't have gotten that version.

thanks again.

Same thing is happening to me.  I presently am running 16.0.87 on my desktop, but when I click "Check for Updates" MC informs me that "JRiver Media Center is up to date (16.0.87)".

Am I misunderstanding something? If my 16.0.87 is/was within the Latest version category - then when I click Check for Updates  - shouldn't it start to download or install 16.0.97 and not inform me that I am up to date with 16.0.87?

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 12:44:26 am »

Still experiencing the following... (from .86 thread)

An update to the Theater View "Activity" issue...

It seems none of my programmed activities are working correctly.

These are simply mapped to MCE remote buttons that MC is mapped to...

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 08:01:13 am »

Changed: Red October will not use madVR for DVD.

I just wanted to make sure the devs were aware of this:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=159492

I was having problems with the madVR/macrovision error and this completely solved it for me.

Cheers! Love the new stuff!  ;D

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 08:14:24 am »

I just wanted to make sure the devs were aware of this:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=159492

I was having problems with the madVR/macrovision error and this completely solved it for me.

Cheers! Love the new stuff!  ;D

While that works for most people, yes, it amounts to replacing a W7 dll with one from XP. I don't consider that to be a good solution overall.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 09:34:28 am »

While that works for most people, yes, it amounts to replacing a W7 dll with one from XP. I don't consider that to be a good solution overall.

I was just thinking that JRiver could include the dll in the install and reroute the call from system32 to the new file.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 09:43:53 am »

I don't think it's legal or a good idea for JRiver to do this.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2011, 09:44:29 am »

Bug: Even with Red October deselected, video files don't play with my requested filters. For example, ffdshow (automatic configuration) is used instead of LAV CUVID.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 09:45:52 am »

Understood. Hopefully madshi fixes the macrovision problem in .62

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2011, 09:55:28 am »

I couldn't agree more.  I'd NEVER want this done on my systems.  Even as an option it's not a terribly good one.  Eventually madshi will fix the DVD support on W7.  Until then, let's just all agree not to use madVR for DVD's.  :D  Or JR could write their own DVD navigation that could work with madVR.  ;) 

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2011, 09:56:37 am »

Bug: Even with Red October deselected, video files don't play with my requested filters. For example, ffdshow (automatic configuration) is used instead of LAV CUVID.

It's not a bug, exactly.  There is a new whitelist feature that tells MC what filters are safe to use.  LAV CUVID isn't on the list yet.  I'm told it should be at some point soon.

Supersnake

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2011, 11:48:12 am »

[Bump]

You need to pick 'Latest' for the update channel if you want builds posted here.  More information here:

thanks again.

Same thing is happening to me.  I presently am running 16.0.87 on my desktop, but when I click "Check for Updates" MC informs me that "JRiver Media Center is up to date (16.0.87)".

Am I misunderstanding something? If my 16.0.87 is/was within the Latest version category - then when I click Check for Updates  - shouldn't it start to download or install 16.0.97 and not inform me that I am up to date with 16.0.87?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2011, 11:56:56 am »

[Bump]

Tools/Options/Startup/Update Channels.  Choose "Latest" for the build posted here.  "Stable" is the build from the download page.

Supersnake

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2011, 12:53:15 pm »

Tools/Options/Startup/Update Channels.  Choose "Latest" for the build posted here.  "Stable" is the build from the download page.

Thank you...

Perhaps there may be one or two temporary glitches in the Check for Updates module?
Am running 16.0.97 and am not a member of the beta team.

Glitch Number One
Ran a Check for [Stable] Updates   --> There was a problem checking for updates
Ran a Check for [Latest] Updates   --> There was a problem checking for updates
Ran a Check for [Beta] Updates      --> There was a problem checking for updates

Is this a glitch?
When I checked for a Beta update I entered "test" in the password field box and clicked OK.
The field box closed without MC somehow indicating that it was an incorrect password.

fhelenius

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2011, 02:01:56 pm »

hi

I have been using Media Center a long time by now - and am really happy for it. It works superbly and especially Gizmo I use a lot - itīs great.

There are 2 functions I would really like -
1. I most use J  River for playing audio - I often have back cover, artist covers, comments attached to my files - I miss the oppportun ity to quickly switch to the back cover, or other picture files attached to the sound file. Here aslso to see c omments.

I know you under the "playing now" function can edit some html - to make it work - but thats not quite easy - I wish you would develop some functions here.

Also tagging - you can get track info under "Library tools" - however this function has never worked for me and I canīt seem to get any info. I would here really like a look-up on eg. Freedb, Amazon.

all the best - and thanx for the good work
Frank Helenius
Denmark

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2011, 02:40:46 pm »

Now I can't use CoreAVC or LAV Video CUDA-accelerated decoders on my ion/atom-based htpc. MC always use auto-configured ffdshow for video, in Red October mode and in custom too. Please add this decoders to RO whitelist and allow to use manually. Red October should consider the presence of accelerated decoders and a weak CPU.

Thanks

BumbleDawg

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2011, 03:19:23 pm »

Eversince build .87, crossfading from mp3>flac (and vice versa) does not occur. The issue still exists on .97. Is it just me?

Hurrah on the implementation of Red October though. :D

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 04:48:23 am »

This build still has the bug where playing a video to the end doesn't mark it as watched.

How to reproduce:
Go to theater view, play one of your video files. Watch it to the end. Result: the video file doesn't get the Theater View tick for being watched.
Go to theater view, play one of your video files. Watch it to nearly the end, but stop it before it actually reaches the end. Result: the tick is placed correctly.

Also, I've looked everywhere in the tags, and I have no idea how to manually set a video as having been watched. Any hints?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 02:19:45 pm »

Now I can't use CoreAVC or LAV Video CUDA-accelerated decoders on my ion/atom-based htpc.
The next build will allow you to.  Hopefully today.
Pages: [1]   Go Up