INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trackinfo causing problems  (Read 1287 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Trackinfo causing problems
« on: June 08, 2011, 10:30:35 am »

For quite a few of the last MC 16 builds, I've been having problems with MC hanging and needing to be restarted. I only listen to music at work where it's happening. It varies at different times. One time it could be finishing what I have in Playing Now, me clearing Playing Now, loading it again with more music, and clicking Play will hang. This morning it played two songs and hung.

I mentioned it to Matt back on build 96 when it crashed and he suggested not using my usual Trackinfo and just displaying the default Cover Art. I've been playing like that since and have not had a problem.

I decided to put back a Trackinfo this morning to see if anything changed and the problems happened again. Different Trackinfo's cause similar hangs. My web browser engine is IE like it has always been since Chromium was causing even more problems.

I now get the attached dialog after a hang and it's obviously the #3 problem which requires me to reboot my computer before MC will even run.

Is anybody else having problems using a Trackinfo? And if not, what could possibly be different?

Matt, I have a recent hang log if you want it.
Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Trackinfo causing problems
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 10:39:30 am »

Does it work at home?

dcwebman

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 10:45:53 am »

Lately I haven't been using it at home. I went back to 88 and then 91 but still get that dialog window. Can't even get through a couple songs now without hanging and I'm back to using default cover art. Rebooting again now.
Jeff

dcwebman

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 01:44:00 pm »

FYI, probably nothing changed in the MC builds, but I've switched back to trackinfo and since build 108 I have not had any problems.
Jeff

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 06:48:37 am »

I take that back. No crashes but LONG pauses between songs and in the middle of songs. Seems to be related to what else I might be running on my system but haven't been able to pinpoint any processes that might be CPU intensive or taking up lots of memory. Will keep looking.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up