INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Single click in Title bar maximizes...  (Read 8730 times)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Single click in Title bar maximizes...
« on: June 13, 2011, 03:39:12 pm »

MC is being a willful child...

When I click a background-ed MC's title bar to bring it fore, MC maximizes its window, which I dutifully restore back to the previous size.

Go sit in the corner MC until you've thought about what you've done.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Single click in Title bar maximizes...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 03:42:26 pm »

When I click a background-ed MC's title bar to bring it fore, MC maximizes its window, which I dutifully restore back to the previous size.
I don't see this unless I double click.  A single click just brings MC to the front.  I'm on Win7.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 03:43:19 pm »

I don't see this unless I double click.  A single click just brings MC to the front.  I'm on Win7.

Yep.  Same here on both Win7 and Vista.  Single click brings it forward, double click maximizes.

Are you sure your mouse isn't acting up?  I've had MANY mice go bad so that the left click button sends double-clicks all on it's own.  An easy way to test it is to pick up a file on your desktop and drag it all around over the place.  If your mouse "drops" it when you didn't let go of the mouse button, then your mouse is probably on death's door.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

rjm

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 03:47:58 pm »

This was a problem in an earlier version. I am not seeing it in 16.0.110.

rjm

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 03:52:09 pm »

I take it back. I can still reproduce the problem on XP and Vista. But it's not as bad as it used to be.

It takes a little fiddling. Double click the title bar a few times. Click and hold. Maybe drag the window little. Pretty soon single click causes minimize/maximize on a consistent basis.

MrC

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 04:01:46 pm »

Thanks for the info and ideas.

I'm in Win 7 x64, w/16.0.110.

The maximize occurs on mouse-down, immediately when selected.

I believe the mouse is fine, no other windows bounce.  (Great precision mouse by the way - Razer Deathadder 3500 - but the name cracks me up).

It appears to happen in fits and spurts, and I'm not able to detect a precise trigger pattern.

It feels like the double-click handler gets off-cycle, and then after that single clicks become the trigger.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 04:14:15 pm »

Thanks for the info and ideas.

I'm in Win 7 x64, w/16.0.110.

It might be a bug.... I can't reproduce it.  I've just spent the last few minutes double-clicking and single clicking on the title bar of MC with reckless abandon and it still seems to work right.

I really like my Razer mouse I have at home.  It can be a bit fiddly though... The precision is nice sometimes, but for everyday use I had to go into the settings and turn it way down, or it was unusable except for in FPS games.

I do have an older Razer mouse that fell victim to the flaky left mouse button problem, though.  They're not impervious just because they're expensive.  The switches in those things are just built out of plastic.  I think I must have strong fingers or something (I also drag and hold things a LOT, especially in Final Cut) because I break the left and right click buttons on mice ALL THE TIME.

I rarely have one hold up for more than a year or so.  The Razer (a Mamba, FYI) luckily died during its warranty, so I got a new one for free.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 04:45:16 pm »

I can reproduce this on XP, but not always. Usually I can't, but if I place MC so that it touches the top edge of the screen and the automatic maximizer kicks in, I can sometimes reproduce the behavior. Then a double-click restores and a following single-click maximizes again. When MC is in this state the behavior is reproducible as long as the restored window is not moved, i.e. a "click & hold down > drag > release" does not trigger the behavior.

In my case it does not occur before the mouse button release.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

MrC

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 06:37:52 pm »

It is very finicky indeed.  For much of this morning, it happened every time.  Just after I posted the problem here, it stopped for a while, but would come back for short spells.  Willful child...  I'll go into the corner if it won't.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 06:42:18 pm »

I don't think this is MC, unless you keep your window near the top.

Any software running with the mouse?  Logitech?

MrC

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 02:59:06 pm »

FYI: this hasn't occurred again since.  Windows went nuts shortly afterwards, I think it was a low memory condition.   I wanted to wait a week to see if I could reproduce before posting an update.  Thanks for everyone's time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up