INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote relay  (Read 1668 times)

audunth

• Citizen of the Universe
Remote relay
« on: June 14, 2011, 06:10:34 pm »

Hi.

The Wiki page for Remote relay says nothing about how to set it up. When I go into options -> remote control press next it just says that I don't appear to have a Media Center receiver connected. If I go to commands and try to add a blaster command it says no blasters were found. I have an USB-UIRT connected that's both a receiver and a blaster. I have no problems using it as a receiver with MC, controlling MC with the IR remote that came with my Yamaha receiver.

So how do I set up Remote relay? How can I control my receiver and satellite box with for example keyboard shortcuts? Or make MC turn on the proper zone on my receiver when switching zones in MC?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Remote relay
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 06:19:32 pm »

The instructions for our Media Center Remote may help:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Remote_Instructions

audunth

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 06:36:35 pm »

Thanks, Jim, but that page, unfortunately, wasn't much help. Under Devices & Options, Microsoft MCE, HID and USB-UIRT are all checked and they all have (Active) behind them. So how come I get the above errors when pressing Next to enter the wizard or try adding a blaster command?

And I find no information anywhere if it is possible to map a keyboard shortcut to a blaster command. If I want to control my receiver with my IR remote, I just aim it at the receiver! What I want to do is control my receiver and sat box from another room through MC using my bluetooth keyboard (or preferrably Gizmo if that functionality is added to it sometime in the future). My PC and the USB-UIRT are next to my receiver and sat box in my home theater, and my TV is in my living room.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 06:45:38 pm »

Thanks, Jim, but that page, unfortunately, wasn't much help. Under Devices & Options, Microsoft MCE, HID and USB-UIRT are all checked and they all have (Active) behind them. So how come I get the above errors when pressing Next to enter the wizard or try adding a blaster command?
I don't know, but I've just checked and the wizard is working.  I have our remote installed.

audunth

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 04:54:17 am »

Okay, seems like the wizard/remote relay feature only works with the MC remote then. Can you fix it so it also supports the USB-UIRT? It too, like the MC remote, has both a receiver, blaster and a jack for extra emitters.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:

audunth

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 07:23:25 pm »

Any update on this? Can USB-UIRT support be added to remote relay, or is there any hardware difference between the MC receiver and the USB-UIRT that makes the latter not suitable for remote relay?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
Pages: [1]   Go Up