INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.110 -- Available Here  (Read 10120 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 16.0.110 -- Available Here
« on: June 10, 2011, 05:07:21 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Update: Run Media Center and check for updates or
Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v16/latest/MediaCenter160110.exe

16.0.110 (6/10/2011)

1. Fixed: Versioning issue with build 109.

16.0.109 (6/10/2011)

1. Fixed: A component necessary for television playback was corrupt in build 108.
2. Fixed: MIDI files could be categorized as video with build 108.

16.0.108 (6/10/2011)

1. Fixed: Using volume up / down on a remote while the volume was disabled (bitstreaming, Netflix, etc.) and the volume was set to 'Internal' would result in the volume being set to 0%.
2. NEW: Added 'Volume Protection' volume option ( more information here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64574 ).
3. Changed: Tuned JRSS 7.1 upmixing algorithm (better energy neutrality, and front mains are not used to generate the rears).
4. Changed: Using 'Clone side channels to rear speakers' in Output Format will copy surrounds to the rear speakers in 5.1 to 7.1 mixing.
5. Fixed: When connecting to a Library Server that required a password, the program could require clicking 'Retry' to finish the connection even if the entered password was correct.
6. NEW: Parametric Equalizer's channel mixer allows applying a volume modification when moving, copying, or adding channels.
7. Fixed: Video parameters were not retrieved from files during import or Update the Library (from tags).
8. Changed: Updated to latest LAV Splitter and Audio decoders.  Splitter is now internally configured (no more registry hacks).
9. NEW: Reworked how bitstreaming is configured in Options > Video, and added support for picking individual formats to bitstream.
10. Changed: Enhanced Video Renderer will be used for playback of Microsoft wtv or dvr-ms files.
11. Fixed: Video thumbnailing did not work.
12. Changed: Improved error messages for video playback. Should see fewer cases of the generic error: 0x80004005.
13. Fixed: The OSD could fail to report the resolution of a television broadcast when watching time-shifted television.
14. Fixed: Black screen when switching television channel in Standard Television view.
15. Fixed: Red October was not working nicely with MIDI files.
16. Fixed: "Waiting..." message was stuck in the status window after television channel change.

16.0.107 (6/8/2011)

1. Fixed: Some PGS subtitles were always showing regardless of user selection.
2. Changed: Moved television subscription suspension options to the last page of the wizard.
3. Fixed: In some cases, picking a different stream or subtitle option from the right-click menu while watching a video would fail.
4. Changed: Red October HQ mode now uses the LAV audio decoder rather than ffdshow.
5. Faster: Seeking video with the left / right buttons (remote or keyboard) is much smoother.
6. Changed: Improved lip-sync when using ASIO, especially with large hardware buffer sizes.
7. Changed: Red October HQ uses EVR instead of madVR (probably a temporary change).
8. Changed: Theater View and Display View better handle resolution switches while they're running.

16.0.106 (6/7/2011)

1. Fixed: Smartlists with both OR conditions and implied AND conditions would not work nicely with the smartlist editor. Example: ((a b) or (c d))
2. Changed: Switched 'Red October' to 'Red October Standard' so that naming is more clear between Standard and HQ.
3. Changed: When playback is started remotely (with Gizmo, etc.), popups requesting the installation of an external playback engine like QuickTime will be suppressed.
4. Changed: When viewing a playlist using a library view, the order of the playlist will be preserved when possible in Theater View views.
5. Changed: DLNA control. If GetVolume fails the volume control will be disabled instead of removing the renderer from the list of zones. This is to accomodate DLNA renderers that can't control volume when plugged into external AV equipment.
6. Fixed: Files named with an .ogg extension are now handled just like .ogv files if they contain video. Previously they would not play.
7. Changed: Updated to latest LAV splitter which better handles poorly muxed TS files.
8. Changed: Red October will always use Microsoft DTV-DVD audio decoder for Microsoft file types WTV and DVR-MS.
9. Changed: Added support for TTA audio files (plays using Directshow filters).

16.0.105 (6/6/2011)

1. Changed: Subtitles named "(auto)" that match the audio language will be enabled by default (instead of selecting no subtitles).
2. Changed: Added the Microsoft MPEG audio and video decoders to the Red October white list.
3. Fixed: If a video failed to import (because it was corrupt, etc.), it could cause other files of that type to not import until the program was restarted.
4. Changed: When a video fails to fully parse, it's less likely to end up being imported as 'Data' instead of 'Video'.
5. Fixed: Doing fast seeks on time-shifted television could cause the seeks to queue up instead of pooling, so that video would continue seeking too long after stopping pressing buttons on the remote.
6. Changed: Mouse wheel over video seeks instead of zooms (use Ctrl+Wheel to zoom).
7. Changed: LAV source/splitter is now configured in Red October mode.

16.0.104 (6/6/2011)

1. Changed: Red October HQ uses madVR v0.62.
2. Fixed: MC crashed when right-clicking on a playing video and selecting ffdshow configuration. It's back to disabled in Red October mode.
3. Fixed: madVR would fail to create a 3d device when starting time-shifted television from Theater View.
4. Fixed: In Theater View, Netflix genre views were incorrectly using details list style instead of thumbnails.
5. Changed: Updated Korean language file (thanks to Junghwnan).

16.0.103 (6/3/2011)

1. Changed: Improved how VideoClock works with signal breakups on over-the-air broadcasts.
2. Fixed: DSP Studio > Room Correction was using the incorrect channel order for the rear and surrounds with 8-channel output.
3. NEW: Parametric Equalizer can be used to add a configurable delay to any channels.
4. Changed (again): Red October will not use the Microsoft MPEG decoder with madVR because then no deinterlacing is performed for 1080i, etc. signals.
5. Fixed: The 'My TV'. 'My Music', etc. buttons on an MCE remote were not working (note that renaming or moving the stock Theater View layout can break these buttons).
6. NEW: When using the JRiver audio engine for video playback, a fade-in is used after a seek (audibly more pleasant, and makes skipping commercials in television mostly silent).
7. NEW:madVR video renderer is now part of the standard filter pack and is automatically installed when needed. It is used in Red October HQ mode.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Media Center 16.0.108 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 05:14:19 pm »

But, but, it does support it. I moved it in 0.29 especially for you guys  :P

We removed it, then you put out build 0.29, and then we put it back in.  The history spanned a couple days, so showed both changes.  I fixed it above for clarity.

Also, for anyone that doesn't know, nevcairiel is the developer of LAV splitter, audio (and other LAV goodness).  He's a rock star.  And a really nice guy.

We're lucky to have him around.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 06:04:52 pm »

If you downloaded 108 or 109 in the hour or so they were available, please update to build 110.

We were having some problems with a new build versioning system.

Thanks.

rjm

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 06:28:36 pm »

7. Fixed: Video parameters were not retrieved from files during import or Update the Library (from tags).
Any need to update tags for recently imported video?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 06:58:11 pm »

Any need to update tags for recently imported video?

You can use 'Update Library (from tags)' to fill in missing information on files imported with the last build.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 16.0.109 -- Available Here
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 07:06:14 pm »

7. Changed: Red October HQ uses EVR instead of madVR (probably a temporary change).

May I ask why?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 07:10:38 pm »

May I ask why?

Several users (and me personally) are experiencing crashing issues with madVR when stopping playback.  We're working with madshi, and are hopeful that it will be back soon.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 07:12:02 pm »

Several users (and me personally) are experiencing crashing issues with madVR when stopping playback.  We're working with madshi, and are hopeful that it will be back soon.

Any closer/clues to what causes the crashes during the unload process?
JRiver CEO Elect

Trumpetguy

Re: Media Center 16.0.110 -- Available Here
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 03:30:23 am »

Suddely in .110, madVR playback is sluggish. No crashes, and sometimes it plays fine. EVR is sort of a step backwards after being used to madVR. Reverting to previous builds until this is resolved  ;)

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 06:31:20 am »

Now, videos that when imported to MC are showing the compression, duration and bitrate attributes.

Thanks,

Fabricio, from Brazil.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 10:16:18 am »

Can't view embedded subtitles in a Handbrake created MKV file. They appear for a few seconds and then disappeared when I used Red October in its default mode, and then when i changed to Red October HQ with extra filters they stopped working completely.

I have a suspicion it's because Handbrake doesnt assign a language value to a lot of the default subtitle streams it creates, thus MC isnt seeing the default subtitle language when it starts to play the file, and so doesnt load vobsub. However, MC should still be able to load the subtitles when I explicitly use the subtitle OSD during playback. I'm guessing that because VObSub doesnt get loaded by default when the file starts playing, maybe thats why the subtitle OSD doesnt do anything.

Filter Graph Info:
Code: [Select]

Filter 'DirectSound: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)'
        CLSID: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}
        Host: quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
        CLSID: {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256}
        Host: c:\windows\system32\evr.dll
        Input Pin 'EVR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'CoreAVC Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'EVR Input1'

Filter 'CoreAVC Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {09571A4B-F1FE-4C60-9760-DE6D310C7C31}
        Host: c:\program files\corecodec\coreavc professional edition\coreavcdecoder.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'EVR Input0' of filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_YV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2

Filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {0F40E1E5-4F79-4988-B1A9-CC98794E6B55}
        Host: C:\Users\brian\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'DirectSound: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {00002001-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'CoreAVC Video Decoder'

Filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {00002001-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder'

Filter 'LAV Source Splitter'
        CLSID: {B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}
        Host: C:\Users\brian\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\lav\LAVSplitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        Output Pin 'Subtitle'

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 10:19:28 am »

Chapters in MKV also arent working. I can scroll through them in the OSD but it doesnt scrub to that point in time.

rlebrette

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 12:02:07 pm »

With this build I've the ASIO device (M-Audio Profire) receiving 2 channels 64 bits whatever the input source is. Since the device doesn't support it, I've no more sound.
It was working fine with .105

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2011, 12:08:59 pm »

I've set additional filters in red october with Madvr 0.65 as renderer. So far no crashes..... I'll run a few films more to see if it pans out.

SteveGoff

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 04:34:24 pm »

No stream selection option when using Windows merit system to select filters, and can't get MadVR to work even when selected. And the stream selected is not lossless audio but lossy audio. Not good at all. With Red October and Red October HD audio is no longer in sync on some MKVs, including Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's from Blu-ray rip and Stop Making Sense from Blu-ray rip. Not good. Video problems when using Red October with MadVR added, and MC becomes non responsive and has to be closed with task manager.

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 08:12:26 pm »

110 Crashes for me reproducibly.

I tried to use the right-click menu while an mp4 video was playing to access the LAV splitter settings.

Red October HQ enabled.

I was trying to figure out which version of LAVSplitter MC was using.

I uninstalled the version that had been on my system with "Add/Remove Programs". I believe it had been version .26.

After uninstalling, no more crashing, but nothing opens when choosing LAV Splitter from the right-click menu. Log attached, if it's useful...

brad

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 08:18:37 pm »

I uninstalled the version that had been on my system with "Add/Remove Programs". I believe it had been version .26.
MC uses its own version of all filters. 

Try Red October Standard.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2011, 09:29:19 pm »

110 just crashed on one of my LS clients.

I had been watching live TV, stopped it and was playing an ape file.

Stopped audio playback and initiated my sleep script (which issues an MCC command to stop all zones and then puts PC to sleep)

MC crashed before PC could go to sleep.

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2011, 04:19:02 am »

I've set additional filters in red october with Madvr 0.65 as renderer. So far no crashes..... I'll run a few films more to see if it pans out.

Did many tests, it's quite clear it's time span related. The longer you watch a movie the bigger the chance it crashes. All things point to memory issues.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2011, 01:20:03 pm »

Cannot get the renderer to select madVR even in Merit Based. Always defaults to EVR despite madVR being selected.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2011, 02:35:22 pm »

Cannot get the renderer to select madVR even in Merit Based. Always defaults to EVR despite madVR being selected.

Had a similar experience, but partly fixed.

Downloaded the latest madVR and LAV filters, but forgot to install the madVR filter! Couldn't get it to load at all in this instance (not surprising!)
Now I can only get it to load in 'Red October with additional filters' option and not in 'windows merit based'.

Can't get it to load for DVDs still. Seems blacklisted for DVDs. (I've done the qDVD hack).
Please, please can I have madVR back for my DVDs?  ;)

SBR

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2011, 03:27:57 pm »

Now I can only get it to load in 'Red October with additional filters' option and not in 'windows merit based'.

I think you'll find (as I have) that MC is actually using the madVR installed in the AppData/Roaming/J River/Media Center 16/plugins/madvr folder.

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2011, 05:57:27 pm »

I reported this to madshi several days ago but I never got around to getting him a sample that causes it.  Unfortunately being sick for the last week has really put a crimp in my testing so I apologize for not being around as much as I'd have liked.  I'm still on medication that's really screwing me up but if you need any help tracking this bug down let me know and I'll help out in any way I can.

SteveGoff

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2011, 06:51:06 pm »

Me too, and no stream selection.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 06:55:04 pm »

Me too, and no stream selection.
We're talking with madshi about problems we're having.  We hope to add madVR again soon.

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 04:35:51 am »

We're talking with madshi about problems we're having.  We hope to add madVR again soon.

Just let MC run a long movie to the end and you'll have your crash. Question of time. If you just open and close movies nothing exceptional happens.

carbo

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 05:11:07 am »

The bug i've reported on build 72 is still present  :(
when retrieving artist images from lastfm, the related fields to artist lost their values

Overall i think that a lot of features introduced on MC16 have not been really finished: artist image, relational fields, play doctor...
I really hope you'll add the little adjustement needed that would make those really usable !

Regards,

Guillaume

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 09:08:07 am »

I think you'll find (as I have) that MC is actually using the madVR installed in the AppData/Roaming/J River/Media Center 16/plugins/madvr folder.

Bryanhoop,

Yes, I realise this, but I'm guessing that the one in the AppData/ Roaming folder in only instigated with RO HQ.  I'm guessing this one is switched off at the moment with a couple of minor glitches as detailed above.  I can only get madVR to load with ' RO HQ with additional filters' and I'm assuming that it's the manually installed one that it is using. The reason I think that is that I couldn't get madVR to load at all with any of the 4 RO options or the Windows merit option when I had forgotten to register it. (my stupidity!). Once I'd registered it, it now works with RO HQ with additional filters, but paradoxically not in Windows merit based. Bizarre! 

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2011, 10:18:48 am »

Bug:  If you turn off JRSS without first unchecking "move center to front L/R," it will still move the center to the front L/R even though the check box is greyed out.

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2011, 04:04:15 am »

Bryanhoop,

Yes, I realise this, but I'm guessing that the one in the AppData/ Roaming folder in only instigated with RO HQ.  I'm guessing this one is switched off at the moment with a couple of minor glitches as detailed above.  I can only get madVR to load with ' RO HQ with additional filters' and I'm assuming that it's the manually installed one that it is using. The reason I think that is that I couldn't get madVR to load at all with any of the 4 RO options or the Windows merit option when I had forgotten to register it. (my stupidity!). Once I'd registered it, it now works with RO HQ with additional filters, but paradoxically not in Windows merit based. Bizarre! 

Imo MC uses the registered madVR.ax, and that is the last one you installed. It would be weird to use a fixed one, and ignore the registered one. I don't even know if that's feasible. You'd have to reregister the other ax at startup of MC  to use it.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 07:32:34 am »

If you use Red October without advanced configuration, it'll only use its internal filters, no registered ones.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2011, 04:12:45 am »

If you use Red October without advanced configuration, it'll only use its internal filters, no registered ones.

I thought that with 110 they switched to EVR?

Trumpetguy

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2011, 05:00:25 am »

Anyone other than me that experiences really sluggish playback when using Red October HQ with additional filters (LAV splitter 0.28 and madVR 0.65)? This happened suddenly in .110. I have reverted back to .087 and it works fine there.

D-Kalck

• Recent member
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2011, 07:38:13 am »

If I download a mp3, run an auto-import and search for the mp3, it doesn't appear, I have to close Media Center and Media Server.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2011, 08:16:27 am »

If I download a mp3, run an auto-import and search for the mp3, it doesn't appear, I have to close Media Center and Media Server.

1. Is the download directory in the list of your auto-import folders?
2. Have you tried switching views after autoimport?
3. Have you tried refreshing the current view after autoimport?

D-Kalck

• Recent member
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2011, 08:32:02 am »

1. Yes, of course
2. Yes
3. Yes (I always did that in MC15)
Pages: [1]   Go Up