INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search Engine Question  (Read 1436 times)

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
Search Engine Question
« on: June 16, 2011, 07:46:19 am »

Simple question - I hope:   I know for a fact that I have a tune in my library called "Night Life" by Tab Benoit.  When I type in "Night Life" in the search box, I get this long list of tunes with no results showing "Night Life" - why not?  Yet, in the list, I happened to see "Tab Benoit" - luckily I remembered the artist name - so I clicked on it and it opened up another window below and I found my tune title.  Why such a messy search?  Why can't MC just show me "Night Life"??

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Search Engine Question
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 09:14:23 am »

Simple question - I hope:   I know for a fact that I have a tune in my library called "Night Life" by Tab Benoit.  When I type in "Night Life" in the search box, I get this long list of tunes with no results showing "Night Life" - why not?  Yet, in the list, I happened to see "Tab Benoit" - luckily I remembered the artist name - so I clicked on it and it opened up another window below and I found my tune title.  Why such a messy search?  Why can't MC just show me "Night Life"??
Try re-entering the name.  Maybe it has a typo. 

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 12:15:26 pm »

Actually - I copied and pasted the name into the search box so there would not be any mistake. Still it does not show up in the search listing.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 12:28:15 pm »

Please try my suggestion.

wer

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 12:35:59 pm »

You could try re-entering the name of the song in the song's tags.  Once I had some garbage characters in one, and re-tagging fixed it.  Perhaps this is what Jim actually meant.

coffeethecat

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 01:21:49 pm »

Problem solved. I did not realize that you have to click on FILES before you do any search for a title.  Silly - but true.  Thanx for your help.  I can deal with that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up