INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Improving stability of device sync  (Read 1106 times)

John_82

Improving stability of device sync
« on: June 25, 2011, 07:02:15 am »

MC16 seems to be a little more stable at device sync than MC15, but I still experience application crashes - usually 4-8 GB into a transfer.

I've got the same problem with two different phones (Blackberry 9000 Bold and 9300 curve using 32 GB ScanDisk Micro SD cards). During the sync, the files are coded from FLAC to WMA 128 kbps.

The syncs always work eventually, and the data isn't corrupted or anything, but it's a long painful process with all the app crashes. I’ve tried different core settings, but the default of 2/4 seems to be as good as any. I’ve tried doing things like disabling the mobile/wi-fi radios on the phones, but this doesn’t make any difference.

Any chance of looking into this please? I’ve got the Windows event log and MC logs at the instant of crashes if that will help.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Improving stability of device sync
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 07:32:15 am »

I wonder if it's a problem with multiple concurrent conversions.  I think you can set this to 1.  It's worth a try.

John_82

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 08:40:58 am »

Sorry, when I said core settings I meant simultaneous conversions. I tried 1 and it didn't make a difference.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 09:45:29 am »

I've sporadically had crashes when syncing in MC too, though I do agree, current builds seem to be better.

I'm always just syncing to a local directory on my hard drive.  I haven't actually tried it in a while.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up