INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red October HQ issue  (Read 1689 times)

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
Red October HQ issue
« on: July 05, 2011, 11:02:27 am »

Version 16.121 running Red October HQ

So, I am working on moving from component video to HDMI from my Server to my TV.  I finally got around to getting a long enough HDMI cable and I ran a test this weekend.  I connected it to the HDMI out on my video card and I left my component video connected.  I started playing a video, detached the display, and moved the detached display over to the HDMI output.  I believe that Media Center did have to "download additional components"  Everything looked great, but I did not have sound (I know why and I will get that taken care of this weekend).  Here is the problem:  when I switched back to the component input, the screen was grey.  The sound was working, but the screen was grey.  I have disconnected the HDMI output and I still have no video.  If I switch back to RO standard, everything is fine, but when I run on RO HQ, I get the grey screen.  I can see the OSD, but no picture.  What can I do to get the picture back?  Is there a way to reset the RO configuration?

I did try updating to the latest 16.122/123 and it didn't help.

Thanks,

Alex

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Red October HQ issue
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 11:06:20 am »

Version 16.121 running Red October HQ

So, I am working on moving from component video to HDMI from my Server to my TV.  I finally got around to getting a long enough HDMI cable and I ran a test this weekend.  I connected it to the HDMI out on my video card and I left my component video connected.  I started playing a video, detached the display, and moved the detached display over to the HDMI output.  I believe that Media Center did have to "download additional components"  Everything looked great, but I did not have sound (I know why and I will get that taken care of this weekend).  Here is the problem:  when I switched back to the component input, the screen was grey.  The sound was working, but the screen was grey.  I have disconnected the HDMI output and I still have no video.  If I switch back to RO standard, everything is fine, but when I run on RO HQ, I get the grey screen.  I can see the OSD, but no picture.  What can I do to get the picture back?  Is there a way to reset the RO configuration?

I did try updating to the latest 16.122/123 and it didn't help.

Thanks,

Alex
We had a similar report by gtgray, who said that resetting MC's bookmark for the file solved the problem.

Changing the cable while a file is playing sounds like risky business.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 11:08:55 am »

We had a similar report by gtgray, who said that resetting MC's bookmark for the file solved the problem.
Here's the post:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64954.msg435535#msg435535

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 11:12:05 am »

I will check out the post.  To be clear - I didn't change the cable while watching the video, in fact, I think I shut down Media Center, but I can't remember now.  Either way, I will check out the gtgray's post

Thanks,

Alex

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 02:30:21 pm »

Ok, I have more information on the problem I am having.  This may need to be moved to the TV section.  The grey screen is happening when I try to view Live TV and some recorded tv.  I am using the JRiver USB tuner.  I can reproduce this fairly reliably.  If I start watching tv from theater view with RO HQ on, I get the grey screen.  If I right click and turn tv timeshifting off, the picture resumes.  If I start timeshifting, Media Center will crash.  When I go back into Media Center,  I can start watching TV from standard view most of the time (1 had one grey screen out of 5 tests). RO HQ is still on.  I can stop the show and start watching again with no problem.  I can also pause and resume with no problems.  If I go into theater view and watch live TV, I will get the grey screen.  I can then disable timeshifting and get the picture back, but if I start timeshifting, Media Center will crash.

Recorded video is working fine, except video that I recorded today (nothing was recorded over the weekend).  It will give me the grey screen, in theater view (sometimes).  I wish I had more information on this.  I will try to run further tests.

Any help is appreciated,

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up