INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-ray Video in Zones  (Read 2025 times)

apturbo

• Junior Woodchuck
Blu-ray Video in Zones
« on: July 02, 2011, 12:46:26 am »

Have been a v13 user for quite some time.  Now that v16 supports blu-ray have been trying it out for use with my movies.  I have 3 zones set up.  Configure audio for each zone works fine.  Problem is video windows in each zone.  I have spent several hours playing around with the command line features and cannot get MCC_MAXIMIZE_WINDOW to respond to the command.  I'm getting ahead of myself so let me try to explain my setup and what I'm trying to achieve.

I have 3 zones.  I start up MC16, select zone 2, select disc drive and play movie loaded.  Movie starts playing fine on that zone but locks me out of the other zones everytime so I have to detach then maximize to get it to go back to the zone 2 TV, then I can access the other 2 zones.  I figured I would create some bat files using the command line prompts to automate this but again can not get MCC_MAXIMIZE_WINDOW to respond to the command.... and yes I made sure and set the zone first before running the command.

I would like to be able to have the video in each zone show up on their respective monitors/TV's automatically without having to detach and maximize everytime I start up MC16.  Can this be done?

Also worth noting, I see a lot of post stating MC16 "stable", I can tell you in the last 24 hours of playing around with this I've had at least 40 crashes!

That said, I have the utmost respect for the developers of this program as I do believe it was designed for folks like me that have more than just basic knowledge of computers and multi-zone AV systems.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Fighting Video in Zones
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 07:16:34 am »

Also worth noting, I see a lot of post stating MC16 "stable", I can tell you in the last 24 hours of playing around with this I've had at least 40 crashes!

That said, I have the utmost respect for the developers of this program as I do believe it was designed for folks like me that have more than just basic knowledge of computers and multi-zone AV systems.
Thanks.

Try using Red October Standard, if you haven't.  We're still having some problems when MC unloads madVR (part of HQ) but expect a fix soon.

Welcome to the forum.  Sounds like you must have been reading for a while.

apturbo

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Fighting Video in Zones
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 11:10:56 am »

thx for the reply.  You've addressed the sub-issue mentioned but not the main issue, but again, i appreciate the response.  I have never tweaked that particular setting so my 40+ crashes have nothing to do with this, i.e. Red October st., HD, whatever.  

Hopefully someone in the development team will respond to my main issue regarding controlling video behavior in multi-zone scenarios.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Blu-ray Video in Zones
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 11:15:37 am »

Please confirm that it is set to Red October Standard.

Set audio under video.

Blu-ray in zones is untested, so let us know what you learn.

apturbo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 04:24:49 pm »

Yes, they are all set to the default "standard" as I never changed them.

Now, back to my main issue...

Forget about blu-ray,... any movie, standard def or whatever, doesn't matter.  Again, when I start a movie it always goes to "display view" which locks you out of the other zones.  You then have to then right click the MC16 icon in the taskbar and choose "close window" to get it to go to "standard view" and be able to access the main program.  What I'm asking is there a way to set it so it doesn't default to "display view" everytime you start a movie and instead defaults to either "standard view" or "detached view"?  Maybe via a command line or something above and beyond the interface itself?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 04:33:08 pm »

Options->General->Behavior->Jump on play (video): None.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

apturbo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 01:57:47 am »

thank you very much!  Now, in order to complete the task at hand can you tell me by chance why MCC_MAXIMIZE_WINDOW  does not work?  In order to automate video displacement to show up on the montior/TV per zone I need to use the MCC_DETACH_DISPLAY command then maximize the screen which would go to the designated monitor/TV per the setting which holds within the interface options.  If there is an easier way to do this that would be great.... in other words, when I play a video on Zone 2 I want it to play on the TV that Zone 2 is set to.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 03:48:46 am »

Quick reply, its late and after a full day of biz negotions, I'm beat.

MCC_MAXIMIZE_WINDOW works here.  Are you specifying a zone in MCC_MAXIMIZE_WINDOW, as in, for zone 1:

mc16.exe /mcc 10027:1

I'll follow up in the morning if others haven't already assisted you.

Edit.  MCC_MAXIMIZE_WINDOW  and MCC_RESTORE_WINDOW target only the main MC window.  The commands do not appear to target detached display view windows.

You can create a detached display view window for each zone, and MC remembers each zone's detached window location, and max/restore state.  So, play your view, say in Zone 2, let's call if The Video Zone, and detach / move the display window, and set the state in which you'd like it to remain.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

apturbo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 01:37:03 pm »

Ok, well very happy to get your support and I am getting closer to the final prize.  I'm noticing something odd and it is 100% repeatable.  I have 3 zones setup, zone 1 is this monitor, zone 2 is a big screen/surround receiver, zone 3 goes through a modulator that pushes a/v via coax to the rest of the house.  The first time you start playing a movie in Zone 2 after loading up MC16 I choose "detach display" and the movie is not where it was last saved and instead is spread out over this monitor and zone 2 big screen.   I then choose "reattach" then "detach" again and it is where it is supposed to be.  So, good news is I believe I can now at least automate this procedure with command line stuff, bad news is not that bad but it is extra steps and there extra time required to start playing a movie and figured I would let you know about this issue with the hopes of a fix in future builds. 

apturbo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 02:48:59 pm »

Finished the .bat file, happy to report I now have things automated the way I wanted it, when I start a movie it plays it on zone 2 and zone 3 TV's and positioned/sized appropriately.... here's how the .bat file turned out....
mc16.exe
mc16.exe /mcc 10011, 1
mc16.exe /Bluray Z:
PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 1000 >NUL
mc16.exe /mcc 10037, -1:1
mc16.exe /mcc 10037, -1:2

****** NOTE ***********, notice the mc16.exe /bluray line plays both standard def and high def... not sure why there is /bluray and the other as both seem to do the same thing...?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 03:32:11 pm »

Thanks for posting the results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up