INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.126 -- Available Here  (Read 4260 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.126 -- Available Here
« on: July 07, 2011, 09:51:12 am »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Update: Run Media Center and check for updates
or
Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v16/latest/MediaCenter160126.exe
or
Subscribe to one of the Update Channels.

New MC16 Features and Upgrade Instructions

16.0.126 (7/6/2011)

1. NEW: Added support for gapless AAC playback (requires iTunSMPB header).
2. NEW: Added native DFF and DSF file support.  Output is as 64-bit PCM data with an 8:1 resample (normally 352800 Hz).
3. Fixed: Re-starting time-shifting after stopping time-shifting on digital television tuners could cause MC to crash.
4. Fixed: MC could crash in some instances when starting television in time-shifting mode.
5. Fixed: In certain cases customizing Theater View's layout could lead to a crash.
6. Fixed: Unnesting a Theater View library view could break navigation in certain cases.
7. Fixed: Import of some OGG files could hang.

16.0.125 (7/5/2011)

1. Changed: Improved internal volume mode handling for television playback.
2. Fixed: Right-click menu did not work properly for some analog television/video capture devices.
3. Fixed: 'Volume Protection' could incorrectly reduce the volume when starting playback if the previous track was not stopped before starting the new play.
4. Fixed: DVD aspect ratio could be incorrect.
5. Changed: Updated Russian translation file (thanks to Vladimir).
6. NEW: Added a video playback option to allow compensating for audio / video synchronization issues due to input lag, custom DSP processing, etc. (Options > Video > Advanced > A/V sync correction milliseconds).
7. Fixed: Analyzing audio with multiple files at a time could lead to a hang.
8. Fixed: Pressing TAB in an edit-style option could lead to unexpected results.
9. Faster: Improved performance of core audio engine.

16.0.124 (6/30/2011)

1. NEW: When controlling a DLNA device, if the device is turned off and later turned on, playback will resume.  Allows picking a mix playlist and then turning a device on and off to control music without requiring additional user interaction.
2. Fixed: Some complex expressions could fail to save properly in the recent list of the 'Rename, Move, & Copy Files...' dialog.
3. Fixed: Options > Services listed YouTube playback bitrate twice.
4. Changed: If video playback is stopped near the end of the file (within 4%), no bookmark is saved.
5. Fixed: Theater View would not stay minimized properly when running external programs.
6. Changed: Reduced the maximum allowable primary buffering for DirectSound, Kernel Streaming, WaveOut, and WASAPI from 5 seconds to 1 second (500ms or less is recommended).
7. Fixed: Manufacturer name for JRService.exe was showing as "Unknown" in msconfig and other utilities for viewing services.
8. Changed: The DLNA server will not try to convert URL's in the database even if conversion is forced. This allows URL's (like streaming radio) to be played on devices that support it (like WDTV).
9. Changed: The TiVo server will not try to convert URL's in the database even if conversion is forced. This should allow mp3 URL's (like shoutcast) to be played. Needs testing.
10. Changed: Improved internal volume mode handling for video and DVD playback.

16.0.123 (6/29/2011)

1. Changed: Added handling of DTS-in-WAV files with a .wav extension so that they always get decoded instead of playing as noise (automatic decoding via LAV Audio hopefully coming soon).
2. Changed: Better error messages when encountering problems with certain analog television devices.
3. Faster: Faster video thumbnailing by about 35%.
4. Changed: Improved Red October system used when playing audio-only files with Directshow filters.
5. Faster: Faster video import by about 45%.
6. Fixed: Thumbnailing could cause the desktop to flicker.
7. Fixed: Rare crash when playing music while DLNA zones appeared and disappeared.
8. Fixed: The level of redirected bass from Room Correction could be too low.

16.0.121 (6/28/2011)

1. Fixed: Data file associations (like .exe) were being offered as possible capabilities in Windows File Type management, and would cause problems when associated with Media Center.
2. Fixed: Switched Red October MPEG-2 decoding when not using the Microsoft decoder to libavcodec due to libmpeg2 crashes on TS files.

16.0.120 (6/27/2011)

1. NEW: Purity is a new stock skin (thanks to Cristian Arellano for his excellent work).
2. NEW: The on screen display is drawn into madVR, making madVR exclusive mode work better.
3. Changed: Updated Red October HQ to use madVR 0.66.
4. Fixed: When starting video playback, the program could be unresponsive for about one second longer than necessary.
5. Changed: Minor correction in Chinese language file.
6. Fixed: Adding a file to a linked zone would unnecessarily resynchronize the zones to the beginning of the current song.
7. Fixed: With analyze audio enabled in Auto-Import, shutdown could take longer than expected in some cases.
8. Changed: Removed "Start digital television in time-shifting mode" option.  Digital television will always start in time-shifting mode.
9. Fixed: The file system tree in Import > Auto-Import > Add... did not use the correct skinning colors.
10. NEW: Added Options > Theater View > Advanced > Turn off NumLock on load (useful for some remote keyboards where numlock causes troubles).

lepa

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 16.0.126 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 02:15:21 pm »

7. Fixed: Import of some OGG files could hang.
Works now, thanks!

audunth

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 03:08:56 pm »

Bug still present (reported in 122/123 thread): YouTube playback inside player crashes MC when selecting bitrate above 1 Mbit.

I'll email the log if you want.

Also another very minor issue: The filename when downloading contains question marks before and after the name. The actual file name gets _ before and after. The questionmarks actually don't show up in the name in the view, until you press F2 to rename. If you press F2 followed by enter (not changing anything) the questionmarks stay visible.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 09:52:56 am »

Bug still present (reported in 122/123 thread): YouTube playback inside player crashes MC when selecting bitrate above 1 Mbit.

I'll email the log if you want.

It's working here.

Please make sure you are using Red October Standard or HQ.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

audunth

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 05:36:38 pm »

I've tried RO, RO HQ and Merit. MC crashes right after it goes fullscreen and says "Opening" accompanied with an image from the video. Tried several HD clips, and the same clips play when first downloading them to the library. The last clip I tried is "War Horse Movie Trailer 2011 - Directed by Steven Spielberg - HD.

I think this occured after the Youtube fix in build 112. It worked fine before that, except of course the filenames when downloading, which the fix was for.

Non HD clips play fine.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 05:51:46 pm »

I've tried RO, RO HQ and Merit. MC crashes right after it goes fullscreen and says "Opening" accompanied with an image from the video. Tried several HD clips, and the same clips play when first downloading them to the library. The last clip I tried is "War Horse Movie Trailer 2011 - Directed by Steven Spielberg - HD.
Please update your video driver.  Start a new thread on the problem if that doesn't solve it.

audunth

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 06:03:37 pm »

Okay, will try that and report back in a new thread.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 08:10:50 pm »

Still getting this...

I managed to break Theater View (again)...

It seems the Television section defaults to displaying the guide, no matter what top roller item is first...

For example -

Guide is the third option by default, and when I press the guide button on my remote, MC goes there and Guide is highlighted at the top of the roller. All good.

HOWEVER

If I move the items under Television around, the Guide button still displays the guide, but the roller highlights the first option, not Guide.

Easy work-around - put Guide as the first option, but shouldn't "Guide" map to Guide wherever it sits in the roller?

Don't know if this is part of the nesting fix Matt has advised is implemented in .126 or not, but thought I'd post it...

However I can further advise that if I'm in any of the other roller items under Television and I press Guide, Theater View SHOWS the guide, but roller item doesn't change at all.

So I'm in the Programs roller and press Guide or "Watch TV" which is mapped to the Guide button.

The Guide shows, but according to the top roller I'm still in the Programs section.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 10:26:16 am »

Minor issue.  If you have MC in the background and are continously changing DVD's then each one creates a new dialogue box asking if you want to play that DVD.
When you go back into MC you have to close each and every dialogue.

globetrotters1

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 02:58:10 pm »

Minor bug

Theater View Options - Definition of Info Panel

Adding personally defined library fields don't show because it's not only necessary to define them on the left side, you also have to define them on the right side once again (the field name value is empty... doesn't get filled in as with the stock library fields)

thanks

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 06:11:12 pm »

Am getting Netflix Fullscreen issue - movies open in non-fullscreen and I have to select the full screen option.

Remote control doesn't seem to be working either (have to use mouse).

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 06:23:19 pm »

There are also some Netflix problems being reported on AVSForum:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1346135

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 07:15:32 pm »

There are also some Netflix problems being reported on AVSForum:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1346135

Seems they must be doing a few things on their end. I used to be able to login and browse movies (though not play them) from my AU IP address. Now I get a page saying Netflix hasn't come to my part of the world yet.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 03:15:57 am »

An mpl file I have been importing for the past couple of years is now causing the current version of MC to crash...

0029780: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.944
0029780: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.918
0029780: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.935
0029796: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.896
0029796: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.901
0029796: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.881
0029812: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.925
0029812: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.930
0029812: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.889
0029827: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.882
0029827: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.893
0029827: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.884
0029843: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.994
0029843: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.900
0029843: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.917
0029843: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.897
0029858: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.914
0029858: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.898
0029858: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.915
0029874: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.910
0029874: 5876: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Album Artist (auto)]=[Jimi Hendrix] [Album]=[Are You Experienced]; Elapsed ms: 4.911
0029874: 5876: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
0029874: 5876: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 0, wParam: 0, lParam: 0, Window class:

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 04:00:43 am »

Further to this, it seems to be related to relational fields... if I remove ALL relational fields from the MPL import file the import works perfectly.  As soon as I reinstate the relational field data the crash occurs.  The log seems to show some sort of loop/recursion occurring?

I also rolled back a few versions and the crash continues to occur, so perhaps I've just uncovered a bug that has been present for a while?

Mark

globetrotters1

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 06:10:59 pm »

Bug:

The client side Theater View>Playing Now and Theater View>Playing Now>Info often don't get updated when I remote control the main zone of the server, called 'There:House'. At first it works fine and then suddenly from one moment on it even shows the old, last album after a whole MC16 restart - NOT the actually playing album!

I am forced to enter 'Playing Now' in Standard View, then it will also switch the Theater View to the actual album

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up