INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request - improve sorting through movie/music listings  (Read 968 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

It may be premature for me to post a feature request as a new user - and I applogize if this feature is already available somewhere in the settings that I have not found yet.

My suggestion is this:
When I want to play a movie, I go to the movies list in Theater View. From there I scroll through the list until I get want I want. The problem is that it is a big list- and it starts at "A". If I want to watch the movie "The Alignment Buruea" I have to scroll a long ways (and most of my movies start with "The"). If I have my keyboard I can just hit the first letter of the movie (such as "T" to skip to the beginning of the section in the list where the movies start with the letter T). This is a great feature but I usually don't have a keyboard nearby.

I was thinking that it would be nice to have some "letters" at the bottom of the screen, like "H", "M", and "S", or such. Just a couple of letters is all that is needed. Then the user could use his/her remote to select the letter closest to the movie title, where the movie listing would jump to, then scoll a few lines to find the movie and start playback. Of course this would help those with big music lists too.
Just a thought.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Feature Request - improve sorting through movie/music listings
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 07:09:05 am »

You can customize Theater View to add A-C or A-D type categories.

Page Up and Page Down also work.

The letters on the numeric key pad of a remote will also work.  If the 5 has JKL, touching it once gives you J, twice gives you K, and three times, L.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 07:12:25 am »

Wow that was a fast response.
I guess I should stop posting until I spend some more time learning the built-in features and how the program works.  ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 07:20:40 am »

Don't ever hesitate to ask.  There are a lot of smart people here with too much time on their hands.   ;)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 07:23:24 am »

FAR too much time  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up