INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC16 and ELO Touchscreens?  (Read 1800 times)

dhiggins

• World Citizen
MC16 and ELO Touchscreens?
« on: July 08, 2011, 05:48:30 pm »

Hi

I've used MC for a long time, recently upgraded to MC16, and am in the process of building a jukebox. my intent was to use the Theater view for it's user interface, along with an ELO Touchscreen I picked up off ebay.

The touchscreen works great... in everything BUT MC.

When in any other program, I can touch to click, etc and things work just fine, but when I have MC running on the touchscreen, things just don't work at all. It looks like MC is relying almost exclusively on the "location" of the cursor to shift and move things around on screen, where, with a touchscreen, you really just get mouse clicks at specific locations.

Note that I'm talking about when in theater view mode. In the normal windowed view, MC seems to work fine. But that mode doesn't look too hot on a jukebox<g>

I searched the forums here and didn't turn up anything on ELO, and only a few hits on Touchscreen.

Any ideas? Maybe a plugin I've missed or a skin or some option?

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC16 and ELO Touchscreens?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 05:55:46 pm »

The main difference between Theater View and Standard View is that Theater View uses 3D drawing.

Did you have to install a driver for the touch screen?

dhiggins

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 06:08:55 pm »

Not technically, no, no driver required, the standard windows HID mouse driver appeared to work. However, without the ELO driver, the touchscreen can't be calibrated, and is "upside down" you touch bottom left and the cursor pops to the top right.

The driver fixed all of that, got things calibrated and works fine in other progs. just not theater view. Just noticed that there are touchscreen skins for that view. I'll try one of them out...

dhiggins

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 06:29:00 pm »

Ah. Finally found the option to change the Theater View skin (I could browse to the skins folder but didn't get anything to pick from), browsed to the website for TheaterView skins for MC16 and there were none, but finally found the option under Options for Theater View and could select a skin there.

Anyway, the "Obsidian Touchscreen" skin works MUCH better. Scrolling is a little tedious, but I'll play around with it a bit and see how it fairs.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 06:30:50 pm »

Try flicking the screen up or down.

dhiggins

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 06:48:01 pm »

Thanks, Jim.

Yeah, in playing with it a bit, it works pretty good. The Elo screens are resistive, not capacitive, so they don't work quite as nicely as, say the new phones coming out, but still, it appears to be perfectly functional. Looks nice too!

I'll have to look at that obsidian skin to see what's involved with changing it up a bit. My jukebox is a tad steampunk, so the skin needs some brass, copper, and leather<g>
Pages: [1]   Go Up