INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Volume question  (Read 795 times)

Klaus_K

• Recent member
MC Volume question
« on: July 15, 2011, 01:36:16 pm »

Hi,

I have a question regarding volume control in MC. I have an ASUS Xonar Essence ST soundcard on my PC which is connected directly to my active speakers via the analogue output. I have set the MC volume to "internal volume". This gives me a very loud sound output with the volume only up to 2-4 % in the volume control bar with significant volume increase going up percent by percent...

I'd like to have a wider useable range of volume - if you know what I mean. It would make volume control easier to have maximum bearable loudness at setting 30 %, giving me more possibilities to fine-adjust the volume. My understanding is that I could either decrease the output level using the soundcard tools or by using MC's DSP seetings. What should I do without compromising sound quality too much?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Klaus

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: MC Volume question
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 03:39:57 pm »

I also have the Essence ST. I recommend using Volume Leveling in the DSP Studio. This will reduce the volume level of the music based on its Replay Gain tag. The Replay Gain tag is populated when the music is ripped and analyzed by MC. If this doesn't reduce the volume enough to provide you with more attenuation, you can also do a fixed adjustment of -10 dB or whatever works best for you. Another option is to use the preamp in the Equalizer and reduce the gain. Make sure you check the box by the DSP for it to be in the signal chain.
Pages: [1]   Go Up