INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists broken, need help! [Solved by restoring a backup]  (Read 969 times)

Westi

Greetings from Germany!

I use Media Center since Version 8. Great Deal for professionals.

Yesterday, I installed 16.0.128 on my brand new PC running Windows 7 Home Prof. 64 Bit. My music files and the Media Center library are stored on my LAN NAS, connected as Network Drive to my Windows PC (using all the same drive letter since my first MC Version).

I opend the library, and first everything worked fine. All entries are correct, and a double click on an entry plays my music without any delay.

All Playlists are shown (and I have a lot of them) also, with all titles in there. But it is not possible to play any file in the playlist. If I right click on an item in the playlist and choose "Zum Speicherort gehen mit Windows Explorer" (in english it may be "go to file using windows explorer") there is an error like "File not found". Doing the same thing with the same file in an library view everything works fine.

I worked on these playlists since years. Why they are gone, and how can I restore them?

Thank you for your help!

Stefan

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playlists broken, need help!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 06:53:22 am »

Welcome to the forum.

The location in the playlist may not match that in the library.

Try running MC15.  Check that everything is there and correct.  Then do a library backup.  Start at File/Library.

In MC16, restore this backup.

Westi

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 09:26:28 am »

@ JimH

Thank you for your fast respond.

MC 15 says my library is for a different version and could not be loaded.

Any other ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 09:36:47 am »

You can't load an MC16 library in MC15, but you can restore an MC15 library to MC16.

MC makes automatic backups.  You could find one by using MC15 and doing File/Library/Restore Library.

Make sure you use different locations for your MC15 and MC16 libraries when you're doing the backups.

Westi

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 07:51:51 am »

It worked, all playlist are back.

HAPPY  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up