INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo: 1 fix and 2 suggestions  (Read 1544 times)

icanrule

• World Citizen
Gizmo: 1 fix and 2 suggestions
« on: July 20, 2011, 01:22:40 pm »

I've been using Gizmo for a while now.  It works great.  I use it all the time to connect to my home system and listen to tunes while on the go.  But I've found one problem that is very annoying and maybe it can be fixed down the line.  

My issue is with A2DP and my bluetooth headset.  It took me a while to figure out why it wouldn't work but I think I have figured it out.  When the program is open and active on the screen my A2DP works greats.  I can use all the controls.  However when my screen locks or when I put it into the background the next default music program that supports A2DP will manage the bluetooth headset controls.  

What this means is while listening to the Gizmo music player if my screen locks (which happens after 2 minutes) and I try and control the music with the bluetooth headset my default music player starts up (in this case the one that comes with Gingerbread) and starts to play music in the background.  2 music players are trying to play at once.  Any way to give gizmo system-wide bluetooth control so that if it locks or is in the background that it can still control what I am playing?

That also brings me to my next request.  I would like to be able to turn the A2DP headset controller on and off.  I have other programs installed like Winamp, default music player, ect.  They each serve a purpose.  I would like to be able to turn off this global control when I need to so that I can control Winamp instead and play music on the system instead of it trying to force itself to play when using the global A2DP controls.  

My final suggestion is just to allow Gizmo to play local music on the device if it can't connect to the home server and while buffer music in the background.  That to could just be a setting option.  Sometimes when moving quickly I get the notice that says "You are on the bus".  It would be better to get a chime saying "You are on the bus, going to play local music".  Then in the background it could buffer when it gets connected to the home serer and still play music non-stop.  It could even be a setting in the software if people don't want it to play local music.  

But before I get to far ahead of myself I want to note that the only important part of this is fixing the global A2DP.  In the end it stops me from using the software because I can't skip songs when I need too unless I stop my jog, or stop my biking, or stop doing what I am doing to unlock my phone.  

icanrule

• World Citizen
Re: 1 fix and 2 suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 01:24:43 pm »

I forget to mention what I was using.  I am using an Acer Liquid Metal with Gingerbread 2.3.4.  I used to use Froyo 2.2 and it had the same problems.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Gizmo: 1 fix and 2 suggestions
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 11:42:47 am »

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up