INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does MC16 support the Hauppauge Colossus without the need for their software?  (Read 2588 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

I just bought the Hauppuage Colossus PVR. Do I need to install the software (other than the drivers) that comes with it for Windows Media Center?
The software says it is for scheduling recordings and includes an IR blaster program to control (in my case) my Directv receiver. I assume I need the IR blaster program - but do I need the other software (it comes with WinTV 7 and Arcsoft ShowBiz).

Instructions say the Win7 software is used for recording the video (.ts format), and the Showbiz program is used to record video (.m2ts), playback the video, and burn the recordings into a AVCD format. I don't plan to burn any video (just caputure it, remove commericals, and playback later).
So I'm not sure if I need either or both of these programs. I would like to do everything through MC16 if possible.

Thanks.

CountryBumkin

Opps. I didn't notice that you have an entire section dedicated to TV and TV Tuners. Sorry.
Please move my post down there. I'll also look through that section to see if my question has already been addressed.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

We have not tested this device, so we are not sure if it will work.  If you already have the device you can just try it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

CountryBumkin

I will be your testing guinea pig - beacuse I love this program. :-*  I'll report back on the Beta forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up