INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazing community of developers  (Read 2717 times)

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Amazing community of developers
« on: July 21, 2011, 05:28:03 pm »

I gotta say, jmone, this has been one hell of a year for our playback solution!  We can now live the dream of ripping HD DVD's to MKV with full subtitle and bitstreaming support.  And the same with DVD.  And the same with Blu-ray.  All without having to screw around with codecs and other nonsense.  How awesome is that?!?!  This subtitle renderer was the last piece to an amazing puzzle, so, I think it's appropriate to step back for just a moment and to really thank the amazing community of developers we have.  Nev for the awesome work on the LAV filters.  madshi for the always impressive work on madVR.  And J River for tying everything together into one simple to use, powerful media software.  I'm super psyched!!

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
Re: Amazing community of developers
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 06:06:58 pm »

Drinks all round I say!!

Well done everybody involved.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 06:13:16 pm »

I moved this out from the beta board because it was so well said.  And I'll repeat what I said there:

We owe you and jmone and many others here the same recognition for your patience and determination in helping us all get to this happy place.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 06:24:51 pm »

It has been a great year so far for quality video playback and I've really been impressed watching the likes of Matt (JR), Nevcairiel (LAVFilters), madshi (madVR) all working together to get an integrated package that just works including:
- Auto download, config of the required DS Filters
- STD and HQ modes
- Videoclock to keep audio and video in sync (prevent frame dropping)
- Refresh rate changing
- Broad playback support
- Blu-ray playaback support
- Highest quality audio decoding including Full bitdepth/bit rate decoding of all Audio formats
- Highest quality video rendering
- Highest quality audio rendering
- Highest quality sub title rendering

Even better is the continuing discussion and development of other aspects like video decoding, blu ray title support etc!  Looking forward to the next 6-months!

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 08:12:49 pm »

I would like to add my thanks for all the great work by JRiver, the community and the developers of renderers, filters etc that all worked together to really make this shine. Very unusual when paid products, open source/free developers and end users all work so wonderfully in this fashion. What they have accompished in months is what other products have tried to over many years but never quite pulled off.

My hat is off to you all. The future looks very bright.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 08:23:59 pm »

Free lifetime licenses for these fine folks!
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 09:24:48 pm »

Drinks all round I say!!

Well done everybody involved.

Here, here!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 02:49:26 am »

I must admit, the day I sat down with MC, threw a bluray disc in my htpc's drive, hit play and everything just worked - together with an automatic refresh rate change to match the movie's framerate - was a memorable event for me. Hands down the best piece of AV software on the market and it amazes me how much better it continues to get.

Congrats to all involved. 
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

flac.rules

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 09:29:46 am »

I couldn't agree more, the progress in v16 has been very very good. Keep up the good work, and I really hope for similar quality in the future.

sunfire7

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 02:18:32 pm »

Thanks JRiver for listening to your users. Love the v16 progress
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

madshi

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 02:41:16 pm »

Glad to be helpful.

BUT, you sound as if you were already in Nirvana. There's still so much to do!!!

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 04:40:04 pm »

Glad to be helpful.

BUT, you sound as if you were already in Nirvana. There's still so much to do!!!

It is the fact we are on a journey down Video playback goodness and look at how far you and the other devs have already taken us.  Looking forward to the next six months!
JRiver CEO Elect

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 06:04:06 pm »

I would also like to say thanks for all the the amazing work in this area over just the last few months.  It was barely 3 months ago I was forced to beg... http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63663.0
PLEASE, can you PLEASE do something to allow MKV's to playback without having to have a degree in codecs to set it up??

and now my pleas have been answered.  Just-works video playback is a reality today.  Still some niggling stuff, stuff can always be better, but it works great now on most/all machines.

Truly great stuff, thanks to everyone involved in making it happen!  ;D

a little off topic, but I'm coming to a point where I'll be able to devote some serious time to learning, and I'd very much like to learn the skills needed (and know which 'tools' to use) to contribute to development in this area.  not necessarily codec/filter support, but maybe, but also general coding for building things like plug-ins, web interfaces for system control, stuff like that.  I could just start reading stuff, and poking around until i figure stuff out, but where might a guy get a good start down this path with a purpose?  community college, books from the public library, online learning?  I would rather not waste months stumbling around if I can avoid it.

thanks again :)
pretend this is something funny

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 09:56:06 am »

I just now noticed my post got moved.  LOL!  madshi, yes, we have a ways to go, but, look, once in a while we really do need to take a step back and see what's been accomplished.  When I tried all this last summer it was, um, "less than a stellar experience."  :)  A *LOT* has changed in that year and I just wanted to acknowledge that.  Are we done?  No.  :)  But you guys have done SO much!  So, again, a hearty THANK YOU to all involved!
Pages: [1]   Go Up