INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Logitech remote not working  (Read 2917 times)

johncaul

• Junior Woodchuck
Logitech remote not working
« on: July 16, 2011, 05:43:26 am »

Hi, I'm using MC version 16 with a logitech harmony remote and zalman case. The zalman has a built in IR trans receiver which drives wmc fine. However when it comes to controlling JR MC 16 the only commands that work are up, down, left, right and play/ pause. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me use the other commands on the remote?

Thanks
John

johncaul

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Logitech remote not working
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 02:25:25 pm »

Bump

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 02:36:45 pm »

Try searching for Harmony here.  There are other threads.

You can disable WMC in MC's options for Theater View.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 09:49:00 pm »

I believe the Zalmans use iMON software. Did you go into the iMON Manager and see if there's an MC plug-in? I think there may be one for an earlier version of MC. Failing that you can teach iMON the commands for each keypress, e.g. 'ctrl-S = stop'. Then you just have to get the Harmony to emulate an iMon device.

johncaul

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 07:02:01 am »

Thanks guys, i think fitbrit maybe on the right track- i think it's an issue with the zalman IR receiver rather than the Harmony remote. It uses irtrans software- does anyone know if this should be compatible with MC? As i said all works fine with WMC and the arrow keys and enter work with JR MC.

Legigi7

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 04:28:06 am »

Hi guys
I have the same issue using a Zalman case (HD135) and while I can use my harmony remote under WMC, under JRiver the only commands that work are play/ pause, select, channel up/down.
If I press up or down, it moves from one menu to another instead of one album to another…
I have disabled WMC in J river option but it has not changed anything.
I have tried to learn commands but nothing can be learnt.
I am not an expert but for me it is definitely a software issue rather than a hardware one.

Legigi7

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 04:54:16 am »

By the way, I have done some research on this forum but unfortunately could not find relevant information. But I have found that the LCD/IR device in my Zalman case is an M-Play one buit by Vlsys
http://www.vlsys.co.kr/
Thanks in advance for your help

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 05:26:37 am »

A couple of things...

Does it work OK with the original remote supplied by Zalman with the case? If yes, then you have the logitech set up wrongly.

If the original remote does the same thing then you have the vlsystems vfd driver/software set up wrongly. If it's the same vls vfd as my Moneual, then you need to change the m play software settings for the jriver application. It is called M play MMX I think. This allows very flexible control of any software. You just need to map the remote keys to suitable keyboard shortcuts in the mmx software.

SBR

Legigi7

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 05:53:28 am »

Thanks for your help SBR.

I will try tonight with the original remote but I strongly beleive it is not coming from the remote as it works perfectly for other softwares.
I will have a look at MMX, what is it exactly?
Thanks

Gildas

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 06:08:30 am »

It is the bit of software that came on the cd with the case (Mine is Moneual BTW, not Zalman, so yours may be different). It translates the codes from the IR receiver driver into something useful (as well as configures what shows on the vfd).

An alternative is babgvants lcdwriter. I believe that it supports putting info from jriver on the vfd. I haven't tried it yet...on the list of things to do!

SBR

Legigi7

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 06:11:31 am »

Ok, thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up