INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with DVD aspect ratio in 145  (Read 1404 times)

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
Problem with DVD aspect ratio in 145
« on: August 03, 2011, 05:15:07 pm »

The new 16.1.145 has introduced a new problem for me. When ever I play a DVD from the beginning of the movie, it will start with the wrong aspect ratio. If I then change the ratio from No Cropping to something else and back to No Cropping again, the aspect ratio stays correct.

I have resume set to ASK and if I instead of starting the movie from the beginning, tell it to resume movie, the movie will start with the correct aspect ratio.

All my movies are stored on a NAS and are played from there.

This worked correctly in the previous version, so it might have to do with the changes listed as
"Internal: Merging of video and DVD playback engines (still a work in progress, DVD playback may be problematic for a few builds)."

Is anybody else seeing this behavior?

TLS
TLS

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Problem with DVD aspect ratio in 145
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 05:28:51 pm »

I bet it's not updating the layout as the source video size changes when you play through previews, the menu, etc.

Hopefully it'll be an easy fix.

Please let us know if you notice any other DVD issues due to the recent code consolidation.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 06:16:13 pm »

Sounds good Matt!

Haven't noticed any other issues with DVD plyback so fare, but will report back if find anything.

TLS

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 11:50:35 am »

Could you test this file:
http://files.jriver.com/temp/JRPlayer.dll

Replace the JRPlayer.dll in your Media Center folder with this one.  Does it fix the problem?

I haven't been able to reproduce the issue myself, but this includes a fix for my best guess as to what is happening.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 05:13:44 pm »

Definately. I won't get a chance to test it until Monday, though. I will report back so you have an answer Monday morning.

I do by the way see this on three different computers with three different displays.

TLS

pauly139

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 09:18:57 pm »

With build 145 some of my AVIs are now playing in the wrong aspect ratio until I manually set it. This is still happening with the new JRPlayer.dll

Rgds
Paul

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 01:53:41 am »

Matt,

I finally got a chance to test the DLL file you had attached. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem. I just got a blank screen on all three computers (no video) with the audio playing, so I can't say if it did solve the aspect ratio problem.

TLS
Pages: [1]   Go Up