INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server problems  (Read 1606 times)

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Library Server problems
« on: August 27, 2011, 10:03:50 am »

Just installed MC 16.0.160  (tried an early beta and gave up, finally have a little time to upgrade from MC15)

I have one server machine containing my main library and serveral client machines that connect through library server. This setup has worked for many versions of MC and still works for MC15.

Having trouble with library server on MC16. My client machines are failing to connect to the server library.  I tried just using the ip address. I also tried removing the access key and getting a new one. This gives me the following message:

"Library Server could not be registered with JRiver. Please configure your firewall and router to allow incoming traffic on port 52199."

Port forwarding on my router is set to route port 52199 traffic to this machine (this has been working great with MC15 for a long time). I turned off my firewall (Zone Alarm).  I still get this message.

Any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library Server problems
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 10:10:47 am »

The Media Networks options section has a test you could try.  But it sounds like the connection is being blocked.

Try setting your firewall to allow MC16.

Make sure the MC15 server isn't still running.

You don't need port forwarding if you're connecting locally.  Only when connecting from outside your network.

Turning a firewall off is sometimes not enough. 

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 01:22:04 am »

Thanks for the reply.

I got it working. One question: when I connect to a library server that asks for a username and password, there is a checkbox to allow for the password to be saved. Once saved, where do I go to change it?

In my case, I entered the wrong username/password. But I couldn't ever get to a screen that asked for a new username and password. It just kept saying unable to connect and offering to retry.

Also, there may have been some buggy artifacts from a very early beta version of MC16.  This time, I completely deleted MC15 ad MC16 and performed a new install of MC16.0.160.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 06:53:50 am »

The login and password are the "Authentication" you set in Media Network settings.

When you say "deleted MC15...", I hope you mean uninstalled.  If not, install again and uninstall.

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 08:56:43 am »

Yes, I meant uninstalled MC15.

I understand that I set the authentication for the library server Media Network Settings.

Then, when I am on the client machine and connect to the library running on the server machine, MC asks me to authenticate using the user/password. At this point, there is the option to remember the user/password (on the client so they do not have to reentered again). How do I access/modify the list of usernames/passwords that have been stored on the client for the various library servers it is accessing?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 09:33:11 am »

Then, when I am on the client machine and connect to the library running on the server machine, MC asks me to authenticate using the user/password. At this point, there is the option to remember the user/password (on the client so they do not have to reentered again). How do I access/modify the list of usernames/passwords that have been stored on the client for the various library servers it is accessing?
You can't, but if you change it on the server, you will be asked for a login again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up