INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Viewing movies stored as ISO files within Media Center  (Read 4503 times)

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Viewing movies stored as ISO files within Media Center
« on: September 11, 2011, 12:04:25 pm »

When viewing ISO files within Media Center it appears that Media Center opens an external program (VLC Media Player).  Is there a way for Media Center to play ISO movies within Media Center without external programs?  If so, how?  I do change the type from "Data" to "Video".
I do not want to change the stored format (ISO).

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Viewing movies stored as ISO files within Media Center
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 12:37:05 pm »

When you mount an ISO file, MC will think a physical disk in inserted, so you have to make sure that DVD or Blu-ray disk play is associated with MC16. If you go in under Options/CD, DVD & BD you will be able to set how MC will act when this happens.

Under Options/File Types make sure that Blu-Ray and DVD Video has File Association enabled.

You may also have to disable file association in VLC in order to prevent it in stealing the association back.

TLS

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 01:18:56 pm »

I made the changes restarted mediacenter nothing changes.
Clarification, I do not mount the ISO file, I import the iso file, change type from data to video, and simply double click on the iso file withing media center.
Media center then opens vlc and it plays, I had rather it play directly in Media center if possible.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 01:50:08 pm »

I do the same as you. Do you have a tool installed that will mount the ISO as a drive? You will need Virtual Clonedrive, Deamon Tools or similar. Clicking an ISO within MC will invoke such a tool to mount the ISO as a drive on you computer. MC will pick this up and play it just like if you has inserted a physical disk.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 02:54:41 pm »

Yes, I use virtual clone drive and all works well, but vlc get invoked and I would rather MC to play inside MC.  so give me the steps to make that happen, please.
Thanks for your  help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 03:10:22 pm »

Check Windows file associations for ISO and also check VLC and MC file associations.

hz1mf662

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 10:01:09 am »

I have been trying for a month now but I am not getting any clear answers out of JRiver, there are two things that it does not do that keep me from purchasing the program.  1. Does not Interface with Apple handhelds, but I can use iTunes for this.  2. Does not play ISOs directly. You have to mount them. And as far as I know you have a limited number of mount drives available.  I need like 400.  All my DVDs are ripped to ISO, uncompressed maintains menu options etc.  JRiver interface is great for movies, but only food for my Blu-Rays, wish they would just recognize ISO formats directly.  Might have to just use Windows 8 instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up