INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Flexible event based system  (Read 1620 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Feature request: Flexible event based system
« on: September 14, 2011, 03:42:12 am »

I would like to propose an event-based system in MC, I think that would greatly enhance the program, and also be a good stepping stone for more advanced functionality if needed. I will try to explain the idea in generalized terms. What I want is a system that in a way resembles the remote command system, but is much more flexible when it comes to input. In a general form "When event A happens, performs action B" (or when even event A&B happens perform action C&D). I would like the actions to be as many as the program can perform, but at least the ones we can do with the MCC-commands.

Examples can be "On inactivity for 1 minute, start display view", "On starting mkv-file, run a given file", "on playing flac-file, change to preset DSP-setting" or even "on running movie with 24fps framerate, and pressing button B on remote, blast IR-blast for activating "movie mode" on TV" And so on, the possibilities are endless. Is this a possible option for the future? Would it be possible to implement? This would greatly enhance the usefulness of the program in my eyes

flac.rules

Re: Feature request: Flexible event based system
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 07:37:58 am »

I would like to bump this, and hopefully get som feedback on my idea, if people thing its good or useless :)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 12:26:15 am »

This could be very useful for many applications. Is it practical to make happen?

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 10:20:20 am »

Examples can be "On inactivity for 1 minute, start display view"

A recent plug-in developed by Kensn can do this ;). Please,Take a look at this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65985.0

I have also asked for the possibility of some event-based automatisms there: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65985.msg446858#msg446858

flac.rules

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 03:33:19 am »

Thanks for the tip absout the application. However, that was just an example of the use of an event-based system, and not something i need myself. I would still very much like an event-based system, although one of the examples i mentioned can be solved with a plugin.

flac.rules

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 06:56:17 am »

I would like to press my luck, and bump this yet again. I really feel "the world" (at least the nerd-world:) ) is moving towards using phones, tabs and the like to controll the home. And using a computer to controll things in the home. An event-based system would be a great start to this, and incorporate MC more into "the total HTPC-solution". I really hope the developers can make this happen (my ultimate dream is a complete control-system like homeseer,/girder/eventghost and so on, but a event-based system i MC is usful right away, even for just media-purposes, and a great start)
Pages: [1]   Go Up