INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: left side navigation panel  (Read 2628 times)

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
left side navigation panel
« on: September 18, 2011, 05:07:08 pm »

Hi,
couple of questions regrading left side navigation panel. Is there a way to create shortcuts on the navigation panel? e.g. i'd like to create optical drive shortcuts instead of having to click the drives and devices menu first. or, is it possible to have the drives and devices menu, permanently 'expanded' (which is probably better option). Also, is it possible to hide the 'services and plugin manager' menu?
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
Re: left side navigation panel
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 08:05:33 pm »

yes/no, unreasonable?
Windows 10 | Sony 55W805C TV | Metrum Acoustics Musette DAC | Luxman L-550AX | PMC Twenty.23

MarkCoutinho

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 02:58:28 am »

I do that by navigating to that drive/folder and then 'View' - 'Navigation' - 'Add to favorites'
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 08:03:35 pm »

I do that by navigating to that drive/folder and then 'View' - 'Navigation' - 'Add to favorites'

wouldn't it be quicker clicking the drop down on left hand side navigation?
What I mean is the device/drives menu to be permanently expanded instead of having to click menu first.
Also a way to hide services and plugins menu, as i never use it, so just creates clutter

MarkCoutinho

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 04:01:49 am »

Mmm, I'm not quite sure if that's what people'd like. Especially not when your path is, say, 50 characters wide (I admit, that is a lot, but believe me: I know people who do it that way...). In that case your left pane would get pretty wide.
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 09:41:06 am »

Mmm, I'm not quite sure if that's what people'd like. Especially not when your path is, say, 50 characters wide (I admit, that is a lot, but believe me: I know people who do it that way...). In that case your left pane would get pretty wide.

but the left panel is not auto sizing. i think you have the wrong idea of what i'm after. i just want the drives and device menu drop down to remain open and not have to click on it to access the drives. it's just a needless step to do so. at least have the option to have the menu expanded at all times

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 11:04:44 am »

Is one extra click that big of a step? Presumably you aren't performing that mouse click all that often. So, maybe one extra click per hour?
I could see the value in having a "Leave browsing tree in previous state." option, I suppose, which would probably cover your case pretty well.

Anyway, I'll attempt to be helpful now. Try Tools > Options > Startup > Startup Interface > Location (set to "Drives & Devices"). Would that get you what you're after for your usage?
I do not think there is a way to hide "Services & Plugins".

As another side note, there is an option to auto-size the left panel. So some people do have to worry about long string annoyances.

Blaine78

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 05:25:58 pm »

Is one extra click that big of a step? Presumably you aren't performing that mouse click all that often. So, maybe one extra click per hour?
I could see the value in having a "Leave browsing tree in previous state." option, I suppose, which would probably cover your case pretty well.

Anyway, I'll attempt to be helpful now. Try Tools > Options > Startup > Startup Interface > Location (set to "Drives & Devices"). Would that get you what you're after for your usage?
I do not think there is a way to hide "Services & Plugins".

As another side note, there is an option to auto-size the left panel. So some people do have to worry about long string annoyances.

thanks for tip, but prefer to start up in audio.
i use a lot of blu rays and dvds, so having immediate access to the drives is very welcome. also i like to see if the drive has a disc in it, without having to click to find out. it's about convenience. yes, one click less for every time i open j river, is helpful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up