INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "mc16.exe /close" killing server  (Read 1976 times)

justsomeguy

• Citizen of the Universe
"mc16.exe /close" killing server
« on: September 22, 2011, 02:04:59 am »

If in the MC options I have set:
Run on Windows startup : Media Server
then issue the command mc16.exe /close it completely closes MC and the server. If you just click the X in the upper right corner or exit through the file menu it just closes the gui and leaves the server running as expected. Is there another command other than /close I can use that won't close the server too. Or is this a bug with /close?

Also if I set the option to just "Media Server" not "Media Center 16 and Media Server" should "Media Center 16.exe" be running or just "JRService.exe"?

justsomeguy

Re: "mc16.exe /close" killing server
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 02:05:22 pm »

?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 02:16:53 pm »

Media Server is Media Center.  It has just unloaded parts it doesn't need.  I don't know how to accomplish what you want.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 02:22:33 pm »

I just did a quick check and see that with Media Center closed and the MC server application running (i.e. showing icon on task bar), there are two Processes running; "Media Center" and "JRWeb" when I close the server applicaiton, both of these processes stop. So I assume if you want to close Media Center but leave the server app running, these two processes need to be left running. I did not see a JRService.exe process or service running (at least with Task Manager), either with MC open or with the server app running.

justsomeguy

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 03:04:56 pm »

I just did a quick check and see that with Media Center closed and the MC server application running (i.e. showing icon on task bar), there are two Processes running; "Media Center" and "JRWeb" when I close the server applicaiton, both of these processes stop. So I assume if you want to close Media Center but leave the server app running, these two processes need to be left running. I did not see a JRService.exe process or service running (at least with Task Manager), either with MC open or with the server app running.

Hmm, I don't see JRWeb process at all in task manager. Only two I have related to MC are, "Media Center 16.exe" and "JRService.exe". When closing MC by say clicking the X in the upper right both processes stay running.

Basically I'm looking for a way programatically do the same thing without having the entire server closing as well.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 04:31:09 pm »

Hmm, I don't see JRWeb process at all in task manager. Only two I have related to MC are, "Media Center 16.exe" and "JRService.exe". When closing MC by say clicking the X in the upper right both processes stay running.

Basically I'm looking for a way programatically do the same thing without having the entire server closing as well.

I'm at my Win7 computer now and I don't see a JRWeb (maybe its a Vista thing - or maybe has nothing to do with this program). I do have Media Center 16 (under processes) and Media Center Service (under Services) running. BTW - I don't have JRService.exe showing now. Sorry I can't help on this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up