INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analog channel mapping/routing?  (Read 1614 times)

andrewt

• World Citizen
Analog channel mapping/routing?
« on: September 27, 2011, 12:53:34 am »

I just got a Presonus Firestudio Project that I use to record and listen to music. It has 8 (IIRC) assignable (analog) outputs. I can use these outputs in my recording software to do multiple monitor mixes, etc. I searched the forum for channel mapping/routing, but most of it was about usind SPDIF or other digital means.

I'm contemplating getting a surround sound setup, and I wanted to be sure that MC will properly route 5.0/5.1 through these analog outputs using ASIO.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Analog channel mapping/routing?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:55:37 am »

I am using the Steinberg MR816x which is similar. ASIO will automatically do the channel mapping for you in this order for channels 1-6 if using 5.1 output:  L, R, C, LFE, SL, SR. If you want to add additional subwoofers you can use the Parametric Equalizer DSP and the "Mix Channels" option. This will allow you to copy channel 4 (LFE) to channels 7 & 8 for additional subwoofers.

Here is a little review I did of the MR816x which might help you as you setup the FireStudio:  Steinberg MR816x - Firewire 8 channel Audio Device - Review.

andrewt

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 10:03:11 am »

Thanks! That Steinberg seems like a nice unit, pretty similar to mine, but with some added features.

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 07:37:41 pm »

If you wanted to modify the routing (or many other things) you could use plogue bidule vst or consolevst as a plugin

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 07:43:33 pm »

Just to echo what mojave said, custom channel routing is built into Media Center's DSP Studio > Parametric Equalizer > Mix channels.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

andrewt

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 07:45:39 pm »

Thanks. Didn't think to look there...
Pages: [1]   Go Up