INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Active X/O - Acourate - Convolution?  (Read 1834 times)

zydeco

• Junior Woodchuck
Active X/O - Acourate - Convolution?
« on: September 27, 2011, 05:49:37 am »

Folks

I'm running MC16 on a Windows 7 64-bit machine and am looking for advice on how to set-up the system to support convolution for active x/o purposes. The plan is to create filters within www.acourate.com and then process these in real-time to support 4-way active stereo speakers. My hope is to avoid the need for a separate Linux machine running BruteFIR via doing the convolution within MC. My first question is about the recommended convolution plug-in. I've installed Convolver but just get a clicking sound when convolving a file using Convolver Wrapper or Plug-In. ConvolverFilter (the Direct X Plug-In) works but there is a lot of static as is the case with a trial version of Voxengo Pristine Space. It's almost like there is some format issue but everything works if I turn off the convolution. I don't believe that this is a resource issue as I've got convolution working within HQPlayer (although this needs a mono-file). Any ideas?

Zydeco

PS My initial look at ConsoleVST made me think that this was a little daunting.

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Active X/O - Acourate - Convolution?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:36:54 am »

You should try ConvolverVST. Works for XO with Audiolense filters. I did not get Convolver or Convolver Wrapper to work either.

zydeco

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 08:25:06 am »

Trumpet - Thanks. You're right the ConvolverVST works. - Zydeco

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 07:31:58 pm »

HI

I use pristine audio space running filters generated by acourate (I can recommend getting the PRC option) within Plogue bidule vst (I could not get consoleVST to remember its settings)

Now that MC can set a long video delay, this setup also works with movies.

The only catch is when skipping tracks, you get part of the previous track playing before the next track plays, due to the long filter in the convolver.
Maybe the MC developers could look at flushing the buffer to fix this.

I have not had a problem with the convolvers.

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 12:16:01 am »

Now - that's a good idea!
While at it, I would find an internal MC convolver plugin would to be a good idea too, with individual filters for different zones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up