INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Precision video playback on computer.Problem not solved. Question to developers  (Read 1834 times)

Nickolay V

• Recent member
  • Search cooperation in All-Over-IP Custom Install

I have tested  JMP 16.0.176 and all previous versions since 16.0.128 with all recommended mode video settings.
Hardware: (Asrock vision 3d/27" iMAC core i5/27" iMAC core i7)(HD 1080p   m2ts and BDMV files from HDD)( Sony 3D projector/ Sony LCD TV HX series/Samsung 8000/9000 series LED TV)
Almost every time image was too choppy (to different extent though, comparing to hardware players ).
Although there were no dropped frames
It is quite a  problem for us, as we rely on PC-based decisions in our installations.
I expected that JMP would be as precise in playing video as it is in playing audio, but as of now it is, unfortunately, not.

My 5.1 system:  Mac mini with Win10 Ent.+ MC with Audiolense Convolver + RME Fireface UC in ASIO 5.1 analog outputs mode + five Ch Hypex NCORE amp (NAD) + BMR Vertical Line Arrays + two M1D-Sub Meyer Sound Sub + LG 4K TV

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Blu-ray on that equipment should be no problem at all.  Are you using AnyDVD?

You're playing from the disk drive?

A virus checker can cause problems like that.  There are many other possible causes.  See the "Weird Problems" link in my signature.

There was a skipping problem related to aero recently.  Turning it on or off solved it.

Try Red October first, then Red October HQ.

Do I understand correctly that you are using it on a Mac?  How?  Take a look at the Mac link on our wiki.

Nickolay V

• Recent member

1)Yes sure I use AnyDVD.
2)I playing always remuxed BlueRay files (.m2ts  and BDMV extension) from hard disc.
3)No any antivirus software in my tested PC
4) I use iMAC  in Windows 7 mode ( ! Bootcamp-Apple dual OS loading  techlology)

I think that all problems in incorrect  (not precision) various framerates standarts calculation to 60Hz display mode.
(!!!process  not depend from video bitrate)
Your next opinion please !?
My 5.1 system:  Mac mini with Win10 Ent.+ MC with Audiolense Convolver + RME Fireface UC in ASIO 5.1 analog outputs mode + five Ch Hypex NCORE amp (NAD) + BMR Vertical Line Arrays + two M1D-Sub Meyer Sound Sub + LG 4K TV

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Try ripping a Blu-ray with MC.  It will just copy all the folders (if you have AnyDVD HD).

Not all Windows software for MAC will work the same.  Read here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Mac

Nickolay V

• Recent member

Hi !

Can anybody explain me what mean "Presentation Glitches" , and from what it depend ?
I think that my problem with choppy video in big quantity of  "Presentation Glitches"

CountryBumkin

Check your audio settings too. I had problems with playback when my system was set to DirectSound. It cleared up when I switched to WASAPI-EVENT style.

Nickolay V

• Recent member

I  use only ASIO multichannels (5.1)output  to USB audio  card  RME FF UC

Nickolay V

• Recent member

Question to JimH.

Can you explain me what mean "Presentation Glitches" , and from what it depend ?
I think that my problem with choppy video in  large numbers of  "Presentation Glitches"
Pages: [1]   Go Up