INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music files disappearing after being renamed  (Read 562 times)

Sudadon

Music files disappearing after being renamed
« on: May 23, 2002, 08:37:36 pm »

This has been a recurring problem for me ever since I stared using Ver.8 betas.  The files I rename gets reduced to about 300 bytes and becomes unplayable even though they remain on the MJ playlist with the former size displayed.  The only way I can recover them is by using Norton Unerase Wizard (cannot find the files in the recycle bin itself).  Any suggestion on ways to solve this problem would be appreciated.

MJ 8.0.279
Win 2000
Pentium II 500MHz

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:Music files disappearing after being renamed
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2002, 02:40:41 am »

I do not have this problem.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Meghyn

• Recent member
RE:Music files disappearing after being renamed
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2002, 03:02:27 am »

I've seen something along related lines, but with version 7.2. I posted the problem once a few weeks ago, but didn't get any response. Basically what happens in my case is, when I try to change the file format of a radio station (from RealAudio to WMA for example), the station completely disappears off my station list, and I have to totally re-create the station entry (which gets very frustrating after you've had to do that several times). I work with quite a few programs that use Internet radio, and MJ7 is the only one that seems to have a problem even remotely close to this. I wish I had an answer. This problem alone has caused me to switch from MJ to another program just to listen to my Internet radio stations.

Not exactly the problem you're having, but along similar lines. I'm not sure if this will help you at all, except to know that you're not alone when it comes to disappearing stuff in MJ.  Next Page

Meghyn
Pages: [1]   Go Up