INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating Number Plays manually  (Read 1937 times)

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Updating Number Plays manually
« on: October 05, 2011, 04:09:56 pm »

I'm doing some extensive work on my TV Shows, and I'm risking removing all Play counters. Is there a way to set the Play Counter to "1" on several files? In worst case, is there a way to play all the video files in 100x fast forward without it stopping between each file?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

gappie

Re: Updating Number Plays manually
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 05:31:23 pm »

its easy actually.... make an expression with [number plays] in it and change it to what ever you like.

:)
gab

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 06:03:51 pm »

I'm doing some extensive work on my TV Shows, and I'm risking removing all Play counters. Is there a way to set the Play Counter to "1" on several files? In worst case, is there a way to play all the video files in 100x fast forward without it stopping between each file?
Isn't the tag editable?

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 02:12:42 am »

Isn't the tag editable?

Unfortunately, no. It's been locked for a very long time. You can't use the filed in the Search and Replace tool. You can see the field then tagging files, but it is locked as a bank vault. Is there a reason for this? I think it would be VERY useful for people to be able to set this as what ever they want. Especially those of us that had to re-import at a time, without this numbers, and are now possibly forced to skip through hundreds of videos.

its easy actually.... make an expression with [number plays] in it and change it to what ever you like.

Interesting. Do you mean that an expression can update a locked library field? I've ever used much expressions, and I'm not exactly sure how to achieve this. Do you have an example?

gappie

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 02:17:29 am »

Isn't the tag editable?
number plays is a 'clear only' type of field. and as every 'clear only' type you can go around that using an expression. here is a small discussion not so long ago about replay gain. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63182.0

gab

gappie

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 02:23:20 am »

Interesting. Do you mean that an expression can update a locked library field? I've ever used much expressions, and I'm not exactly sure how to achieve this. Do you have an example?
sure... make a view or a play/smartlist with columns. click on the headers and choose 'add expression collumn' . as an expression put there : =[number plays]
now when you choose a value in the column click F2 (or rightclick>rename) you can change the value, as you could with tings like artist etc too.
hope that its clear.   8)

gab

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 02:41:23 am »

VERY nice. This saved me a lot of hours work :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up