INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnails and long album names - how to show more text  (Read 1223 times)

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
Thumbnails and long album names - how to show more text
« on: October 10, 2011, 10:33:11 am »

Hi.

I have a lot of classical albums, which can often have long album names. So with most size of thumnails, I lose the end of the album name when it is displayed under the thumbnail. Often this is the most useful bit of the name - eg Symphony Number!

Is there a a way of getting the [Name] field to spread over more than one line under a thumbnail?

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Thumbnails and long album names - how to show more text
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 11:29:36 am »

I do not think you can display the content of one field over more than one line in the thumbnail text. In the thumbnail text option you can have one or more carriage returns to display several lines under the thumbnail.

You could use the expression language in the thumbnail option to cut out the middle part of the album field. Try something like:
Left([Album], 15) ... Right([Album], 11)

Adjust the numbers so the text fits with your thumbnail size. You can also use the Regex() expression but I think it is easier to use Left() and Right() in this case.

(If you are talking about the Theatre view I do not know where to change the thumbnail text since I do not use that view. The advice above is for standard thumbnail views, where you find the Thumbnails => Thumbnail text option in the tab of the view when clicking on the down arrow next to the tab name.)

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 02:11:58 pm »

Thanks .. I think your answer to my other question will  help me, and remove the need for an answer to this one.

Vincent Kars

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 02:12:27 pm »

+1 for an option to wrap thumbnail text

Klaus_K

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 02:22:29 pm »

same problem here.... +1
Pages: [1]   Go Up