INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DAC problem after plugging in iPod [Solved]  (Read 1290 times)

fmer

• Recent member
DAC problem after plugging in iPod [Solved]
« on: October 13, 2011, 11:44:23 am »

Hello All:
             Currently using Jrivers to play music files through the perfect wave dac. Yesterday I plugged in my ipod older version just to update not using as a controller after the update was finished I went into jrivers to play music. When I selected the dac as always jrivers stopped responding and a box appeared this is what reads:
THERE WAS A PROBLEM CONTROLLING THE SELECTED DLNA DEVICE DOUBLE CHECK YOUR DEVICE,SERVER,AND NETWORK SETTINGS.
When I close this box another appears:
THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH AUDIO PLAYBACK.
I have checked everything, I have uninstalled and reinstalled jrivers with no luck.
The problem started after I plugged in the ipod. Any help would be appreciated. ?

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
Re: playback problem
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 12:53:20 pm »

Expand the 'Playing now' section (top left in navigator panel) and select the zone you normally play music to. Maybe it still is 'Default/Here'.
Any connected dlna capable device will show in here and if it is selected but no dlna setting in MC is done, you could get this error.

fmer

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 02:27:30 pm »

Thanks for the reply: All my settings are in there. Jrivers sees the dac but when I select it to play thats when this error occurs. This is where I am lost. Just not sure what to try next.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 02:35:59 pm »

Did you try restarting the DAC?

Cold booting the PC?

Or uninstalling itunes?

fmer

• Recent member
Re: DAC problem after plugging in iPod
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 02:53:09 pm »

Thanks for the reply Jim: Yes to all three. I did find a  itunes file in my music library I have deleted it. I haven't selected the dac to retry to see if it will playback. I've put a phone call into PsAudio. So I'm just waiting. If you have any other suggestions will kindly try    Thanks Brian

fmer

• Recent member
Re: DAC problem after plugging in iPod
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 07:22:17 pm »

Just to let everyone know I solved this problem by doing a system restore.  Before I did though I installed jriver on another computer waited for the dac to appear and tried it. Dac worked perfectly. So that's when I did restore. All's well.  

fmer ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up