INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver new version changing filenames --Help!  (Read 1332 times)

Thurinus

• Recent member
JRiver new version changing filenames --Help!
« on: October 15, 2011, 08:34:19 am »

When I make some changes to tracks, e.g. updating the cover art, JRiver changes the filename and adds a "(1)" to the end of the filename.  A yellow box with an "x" through it is then in place of where the cover art thumbnail should be and when you try to play it you get "File could not be found" error.  You have to go into Windows Explorer and then rename the file and then locate it in MC and then (PHEW) your songs play.

This also seems to be happening to new podcasts that get downloaded (yikes).  Pretty much is making this unusable.  Please helppppppp........

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver new version changing filenames --Help!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 08:38:50 am »

Check the properties of files and directories you're having trouble with.  Something may be read only.

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 10:24:18 am »

I think you need to describe better what exactly you do. Because this does not sound normal. I do not think this is read only problem as he's clearly indicating downloading and changing files work. So there is write permissions on the folders, and who sets read only attributes on files without knowing it?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

vagskal

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 12:19:46 pm »

The recent Windows update to Win 7 automatically changed the write permissions on my shared folders/dics, which took me a couple of days to discover. Thank you Microsoft. Double checking the write permissions is good advice.

Describing better what is happening is also good advice.
Is (1) appended to the actual file or is the file path in MC appended (i.e. did you have to write or remove (1) with Windows Explorer)?
Have you moved the files using an external tool? (I have seen this (1) appending when moving files between folders watched by MC.)

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 01:51:20 pm »

The recent Windows update to Win 7 automatically changed the write permissions on my shared folders/dics

That's nice :) Best to check the permissions then.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up