INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: *NEW* - 3 Trackinfo Templates -----> Now I Need Your Guys Help  (Read 1944 times)

SBrandsborg aka Mouseman

• Galactic Citizen

Hi
I Have Made 3 New Trackinfo Templates
Now I Need Some Idears To Make Some New Ones...
I Think It Will Be Some Theme Like
Mouse21 - Simpsons And Mouse22 - Farscape
BUT What Thems Shall I Make?? Some Ideas???
If So Please Post Them In Here And If
You Have A Cool Picture Or Something
I Can Include In The Trackinfo Templates
Please Post It In Here Or Mail It To Me...
mouseman_16@hotmail.com

Mouse21 - Simpsons

DOWNLOAD HERE

Mouse22 - Farscape

DOWNLOAD HERE

Mouse23

DOWNLOAD HERE
~SBrandsborg (Mouseman)
E-Mail: steffen@sbrandsborg.dk

Graham

• Recent member
RE:*NEW* - 3 Trackinfo Templates -----> Now I Need Your Guys Help
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2002, 05:33:26 am »

As a marine biologist and commercial/recreational diver/underwater photographer would love to have a marine theme - perhaps tropical reef/fishy scene. What kind of picture do you need?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2002, 05:36:42 am »

Ah! I'm not alone here in my love of the underwater world, then!!!

Graham

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2002, 05:47:53 am »

Nope, there's a quite a few of us out there. Unfortunately spend far too much of my time writing reports, papers etc. pointing out how quickly we're f***ing it up. So a nice scene on my computer with soothing music playing helps me remember what it should be like.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2002, 06:07:39 am »

I've been seriously considering abandoning the IT hell that I'm in and pursuing a degree in marine biology. But like you were saying, I'd probably be confronted more and more by the damage we're causing to the planet. In some ways, ignorance truly is bliss.

This is probably straying off topic (a lot - would you be willing to talk via email?), but I was wondering if you could give me an idea of what a career in marine biology is really like. Because IT sure isn't what I thought it'd be. Next Page If not (too busy - and who isn't nowadays? We've had office moves for the last 2 months and once those are done it's time to get back to the real work - or whatever), that's cool. It's just nice to meet a kindred spirit around here.

Graham

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2002, 06:30:39 am »

Email probably better. Don't want to bore the pants off the MJ regulars. graham.saunders@blueyonder.co.uk

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2002, 08:17:38 am »

Back on topic... (sorry)

I'd actually like to see some of the templates you've already created (especially the Farscape one!) have a vis window included. I've been wanting to create one like that, but I can't figure out how to put a nice template in with a vis and also make it look nice. I don't want just a square vis window placed randomly in the template... but that's the real problem because I also don't really know what I would like. Next Page

But anything dealing with diving or underwater has my vote. Next Page

SBrandsborg aka Mouseman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2002, 03:20:20 pm »

yes sorry about that farscape one i will make a new version of it
and about unterwater... I will made a new TT. with that
~SBrandsborg (Mouseman)

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2002, 03:44:24 pm »

Graham,
I met a Graham once on Abaco who was surveying a small whale species.  Couldn't be you, I suppose?

Doof,
My daughter, who is now 23, once was intereste in Marine Biology.  She asked an old friend of mine and his wife, who were a marine biologists, "what is it like?".  They said, "It's a lot more about science than it is about the sea, so make sure you love science."  Graham can tell you whether that's accurate or not.

BTW, I think this friend is now in Connecticutt.  I'd be glad to introduce you.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2002, 05:54:29 pm »

Mouseman> Hey, don't apologize! I love the Farscape TT. Next Page I'd just like to also be able to see visualizations at the same time, so if you could find some way of putting one in that doesn't look tacky (the way it would if I were to give it a try) that would be even better. Next Page

JimH> I had a feeling that's what marine biology would be like. It seems like everybody I went to college with majored in biology and the funny thing is, not one of them works in that field (or even has any real desire to for that matter). I must find a way to make diving a career! Next Page

SBrandsborg aka Mouseman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2002, 11:19:25 pm »

-------------UPDATE-------------

Mouse19

Download It Here

-------------UPDATE-------------

New Version OfMouse22 - Farscape

Download It Here
~SBrandsborg (Mouseman)

SBrandsborg aka Mouseman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2002, 12:15:26 am »

Graham i forgot to answer this...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As a marine biologist and commercial/recreational diver/underwater photographer would love to have a marine theme - perhaps tropical reef/fishy scene. What kind of picture do you need?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need a picture i can use to made the TT you can take a look at all the TTs. i have made before
~SBrandsborg (Mouseman)

Graham

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2002, 05:28:49 am »

JimH,

I'm not the Graham you met on Abaco, unfortunately. You were spot on about the science, though. The vast majority of people, when they find out that that I'm a marine biologist instantly assume that I spend most of my time chasing after cute, cuddly animals like whales, dolphins and seals (TV wildlife shows have a lot to answer for). While there has been a small element of that for me (all of these animals, but seals, in particular, are not so cute close up - they smell strongly of rotting fish and usually have sharp teeth or a very strong instinct to violently mate with anything). In reality, I'm often found out on an open boat in the middle of a snow storm sifting though lumps of mud collected after a 90 minute dive in a Scottish loch with water temperatures near freezing. That's the fun part! I then have to spend substantially more time (1) staring down a microscope till my eyes bleed, while trying to decipher a description written in some obscure foreign language of the hair on the 5th leg of a beastie that's no bigger than a very, very small flea. (2) coaxing my computer into doing ever more exotic and complicated statistical somersaults to explain what they're doing and why they're doing it (3) writing reports, papers and book chapters that are of interest to only three people in entire the world (until the animal you've studied is extinct, then, of course, everyone wants to know about it!).

OK, so there is an up side. I have had the privilege of working and diving in some of the most attractive and interesting parts of the world - a few entirely off-limits to tourists, and, yes, I guess that does easily make for the times when I have to wait over an hour for my fingers to warm up sufficiently to be able move them again.

Mouseman:

I'm at my work computer at the moment so don't have very many of my own (non-work) pictures, but something like this?
(images sent via email attachment - no idea how to place images on these pages).

SBrandsborg aka Mouseman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2002, 10:38:27 am »

ok you can just send some to mouseman_16@hotmail.com or contact me on ICQ: 76171056
~SBrandsborg (Mouseman)
Pages: [1]   Go Up