INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Default 'Playing Now' (audio) page...?  (Read 1389 times)

billryan_nz

• Recent member
Default 'Playing Now' (audio) page...?
« on: October 27, 2011, 03:33:32 am »

Version 16.0.179 OK, I give up. I know I've been busy lately but I didn't think it was that long ago.... Suddenly (or so it appears) 'Playing Now' (audio) default shows the CD cover plus (some) details only of the particular track playing. I want to be able to go back to what I recall being the default page format for some time; i.e. CD cover plus a full track listing + columns (composer, artist, CD title etc). I presume there's a setting somewhere but I've searched and searched and searched... There's always the possibility I'm being completely blind, dumb and stupid...so your guidance would be appreciated...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Default 'Playing Now' (audio) page...?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 06:34:42 am »

Try a right click on the screen or on the view (artists), for example, in the tree.

billryan_nz

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 08:34:43 am »

Thanks Jim, but I'd previously right-clicked everything in sight (left and right sections of the screen), tried every option and could find nothing that would allow me to take 'Playing Now' back to what what it used to be. I wondered whether it was a recent change to the default behaviour but I've just reinstalled 16.0.64 and the behaviour is the same so it's a change to the default that obviously occurred a while ago - just hadn't noticed (not surprising, I've been so damned busy for the past six months have hardly had a moment for my own pleasures...).

Being largely a classical and jazz listener, like many other fanatics, I tag my music extensively. The only way I can get the view I want (sort of) is by using the trees that show in the left-hand column under 'Disk Location' (my music collection sits on my server) and selecting the disk I want to listen to - all the tracks plus the columns I've selected show in the right-hand screen. The CD cover, of course is available only as a small thumbnail when I select display in the bottom of the left-hand column (but is only quite small).

A shame. I used to like the previous default and had it set up the way I wanted. I'd still like to hear if there's a way I can make it revert - or re-create it (which doesn't seem likely). Alternatively, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me which was the last version of MC that had the previous default appearance for Playing Now - I might revert to that version.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 08:43:04 am »

Is the screen in the attached image what you're expecting?

billryan_nz

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 08:52:32 am »

That's the one (now tell me I've done some dumb-assed thing and it's easily available if I just do X... I'll kick myself if you do... :-))

billryan_nz

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 02:24:40 am »

Ignore all of the above. When I had a chance, I checked my HTPC - running Win7 Home Premium x86 (also updated to 16.0.179) and noticed that the behaviour was as I was used to. Did a complete uninstall and reinstall of MC on my desktop (Win 7 Professional x64) which is where I was having the problem (on which I did a clean reinstall two weekends ago). Reinstallation now behaves entirely as I was used to - so must have been something went screwy with my first install of MC.

Thanks anyway for your responses, Jim.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up