INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: latest build 16.1.081 Hanging with WIN7 [Solved]  (Read 2008 times)

adydula

• Recent member
latest build 16.1.081 Hanging with WIN7 [Solved]
« on: October 28, 2011, 09:00:45 pm »

Loaded the lastest build available..when I scroll around in theater mode i have had MC hang up and lock up...WIN 7 message pops up telling me the application stopped and will check for a fix etc .

Had this happen 3 times in 10 minutes of while scrolling up and down thru artists and also using the browser ie find C: drive, locate my music folder, open, scroll down to artist ...win7 pops up the errant app message.

So I guess I would like to go back to the latest stabel version of 16.

Whats the best way to do that? Uninstall and re-download?

If this is the case will I use up a restore?

Thanks
Alex

adydula

• Recent member
Re: latest build 16.1.081 Hanging with WIN7
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 10:53:12 am »

Ok uninstalled the MC, did a system restore. Then re-downloaded and installed the stable version.
All is well in river city.

I have the lastest 16 build on another system and have no issues or hangs at all.

One is a laptop that has the hangs with the latest build, the one that is solid is a home built  I did that is very fast, all
solid state drive, win7 64bit , overclocked to 4ghz as a game pc....MC is solid here.

On the laptop I tried disabling many services to keep the laptop more of a media server vs a pc. Based this experiment on the computeraudiophile caps 2 article in their site....could be that disabling these services and the selections in the audio options have some interaction.

Now that I am getting used to the interface MC is really very nice and easy to navigate thru very fast....its amazing to use theater mode view and use my 58" plasma as a display and be able to read it across the room...

Alex

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: latest build 16.1.081 Hanging with WIN7
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 11:01:59 am »

On the laptop I tried disabling many services to keep the laptop more of a media server vs a pc. Based this experiment on the computeraudiophile caps 2 article in their site....could be that disabling these services and the selections in the audio options have some interaction.
That's always risky and not normally necessary.

kensn

• MC Beta Team
Re: latest build 16.1.081 Hanging with WIN7 [Solved]
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 11:24:41 am »

I have jriver running on a couple of older laptops and an atom based tablet, it runs smooth. I would try enabling all the process and disabling one at a time to see which one is affecting you.
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

adydula

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 06:15:56 pm »

Kensen I had that exact thought....I probably will play with this some more, but I am just going to use it the way it is to make sure we are indeed stable.

One thing I have is 2 sets of Then Beatles, all the originals and the newly re-mastered ones. One set is an folder "The Beatles" the other set is in a folder called "The Beatles Remastered".

If I use theater view and go to the beatles. I see 2 songs of each, both with the same name but no apparent way to tell which one is the original and which one is the master. If I use the explorer I can easily find them etc...Also with the default or Cntrl 1 view I can see the file location easily and chose between the two.

So in theater view is there an easy way to display the folder or location to help tell which song is which??

Any ideas?

Thanks
Alex

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 06:47:00 pm »

If the tags are set up correctly they should appear as seperate albums. If the Album names are exactly the same and each trac is the same you could use the Stack feature to stack them and have the higher res format be on top. This will ensure just 1 ablum will show up and that you are listening to the better quality one.. I do this alot for albums that I have ripped in MP3 format and in Flac format. I stack them with the Flac on top, but the MP3 version is still there for my Zune.

Ken

adydula

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 09:15:23 pm »

Ken,

The albums and songs do have the exact same name. So this is why I see two songs of the same name listed.
I didnt know what this 'stack' feature or function is...ok where is this stack function hiding..I will look and see if i can find it.

Sounds like a solution!

Thanks!!

Alex ;D

kensn

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 10:52:21 pm »

Let me know if you need any help with it....

adydula

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 02:59:31 pm »

Ken,

What I did was make 2 folders, one called the The Beatles, the other Beatles Remastered.
Then I discovered how to play with the TAGS, really simple, and I now have the two sets of Beatles showing up
in Theater View in (2) seperat icons for artist and album...made life simple...

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up