INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Shows by Show?  (Read 1957 times)

kazooless

TV Shows by Show?
« on: November 05, 2011, 05:49:25 pm »

I am looking for a MC software that does everything I need without bugs. Currently, I use XBMC but it can't play real discs very well. I just downloaded this software and I am very impressed with its ability to play a DVD as well as blu-ray.

However, the TV Shows I have are a mess in this program. I am hoping I am just not seeing the proper way to organize the library. I have a folder with a bunch of subfolders. Each subfolder is a particular TV Show. In the TV Show subfolder are all the shows I haven't watched yet (I delete them after I watch them).

Is there a less messy way of displaying these? If you look at the way XBMC does it in their Library view, you'll see exactly what I'm looking for. I would pay the money for this app if it could do this, or close to it. But right now, it is a big mess and I don't think I'll stop looking around.

Thanks,

Kazooless

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: TV Shows by Show?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 06:15:47 pm »

Welcome to the forum. 

It would be nice if you could try MC17, which has just started in beta. 
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67443.0

We're working on the issue you're concerned about.  Were the shows recorded in Sage?

kazooless

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 06:19:37 pm »

I didn't see any documentation for version 17 that addressed my concern specifically, so I posted the question instead of trying that. I will download and check it out.

The shows are usually mkv's but sometimes avi's.

Thanks,

kazooless

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 06:25:31 pm »

Do you know if the files were recorded by SageTV?

Can you give us a couple of examples of filenames?

The problem you saw is probably because the files have no tags.  MC will organize them if they do have tags.

We're working on a couple of methods to auto tag this kind of file if it has no tags.  You could read about Carnac and about Tag on Import. 

kazooless

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 06:35:49 pm »

To be honest, they are downloaded from usenet so I don't have to process the commercials and package them, etc. Not sure how you all feel about that.

XBMC uses the file name to scrape the db information from IMDB or thetv.db, etc. Here is an example of a name: "Alphas - s01e01 - Pilot - 720p WEB-DL.mkv" and there is a .nfo & .tbn file that goes with each.

I just tried v17 and it still seems pretty much the same. Each and every episode is listed in a grid form and they are all under "unassigned." Version 16 had "Television" as an option under Videos but v17 has "Shows" instead and it is empty. They are all found under "Other" now. It seems that the program knows something about each file because it gives a poster image for each show. But scrolling through dozens of the same show to get to another one is quite cumbersome.

Thanks!

kazooless

coleatron

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 07:39:35 pm »

I also have this problem. Have you found a solution?
Pages: [1]   Go Up