INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem getting DTS HD with Blu Ray playback & LAV filters  (Read 4319 times)

crafty

• Recent member
Problem getting DTS HD with Blu Ray playback & LAV filters
« on: November 07, 2011, 07:20:45 am »

I am a recent MC convert. Congratulations on a great piece of software.

Upgraded from 16 to 17 and spent some time trying to get DTS HD output with Blu Ray playback - but get repeated crashed when trying to use LAV audio filters. I followed the instructions given in this thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64397.0

Initally manually installing the LAV filters, then removing as apparently no longer required as built within MC now. Do i need to manually install the LAV audio for use with MC17? Also could not find the installaudio.bat file? I have TMT5 and copied the dtsdecoderdll.dll file from the decoders folder to the system32 and sysWOW64 folder as well as "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 17\Plugins\lav.

I am testing with blu ray rips from AnyDVD HD and from disk.

When i select red october with aditional filters HQ > J river video playback engine there is no option for LAV audio under other filters??

When i manually install the LAV filters the option shows up under other filters but when selected and i try to play a file / disc MC17 imeadiately crashes.

When playing with red october HQ the output sample rate is reported at 48khz by my dac so no HD. Any input on how to properly configure this with MC17 would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Luke

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem getting DTS HD with Blu Ray playback & LAV filters
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 07:36:43 am »

Welcome to Interact.  Try re-installing MC.  Then choose Red October Std. to test. 

Under video options, choose bitstreaming.

If that works, try Red October HQ.

Don't install or adjust any DirectShow filters.  Just use MC as it is installed.

crafty

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 08:47:57 am »

Thanks Jim, re installed and tested with Red October STD and HQ - both play fine when only DTS-HD is selected although the DAC reports 48khz - MC17 shows source as 48khz, 24 bit 6 channel. When both DTS & DTS HD are selected under bit streaming DAC reports 192KHZ but sound is digital noise.

During playback selcted stream shows as DTS-HD MA 48khz 5.1 1536kbs - does this mean its working and the source material is sampled at 48khz?

Have tried a number of Blu Ray files fron AnyDVD HD and discs but none of them exceed 48khz which makes me think something is not quite right..

audunth

Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

crafty

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 03:48:29 pm »

Thanks for the link - looks like i have it working properly as playback is 24bit as reported in the DSP input; didnt realise a lot of Blu Ray is mastered at 48khz, thought they were all 96khz!

audunth

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 04:25:48 am »

I would love to be able to see the audio bitrate also. Isn't that what the JRiver Audio Monitor is for?
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up