INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 17.0.31 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 5143 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 17.0.31 Beta -- Available Here
« on: November 08, 2011, 09:50:43 am »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170031.exe

17.0.31 (11/8/2011)

1. Fixed: The list on the left of DSP Studio was not working properly.

17.0.30 (11/7/2011)

1. Fixed: Entering an out-of-bounds value into the Parametric Equalizer's 'Adjust a frequency' filter could cause problems.
2. Fixed: Remote control playback buttons broken for one build.
3. Fixed: Filesize was not getting filled in correctly for Blu-ray titles.
4. Changed: Replay Gain 'Automatic adjustment' mode uses the 95th percentile so that outliers that are extremely quiet don't cause an entire playlist to have its volume reduced too much.
5. NEW: ASIO outputs a little silence when stopping so that hardware that plays its last buffer on the next start won't click.  About 1/4 of a second.
6. Fixed: Movie name field not being set correctly for DVD/Blu-ray titles on the original disc.
7. Faster: Grouping of path-style fields like keywords, location, etc. in panes and category views is faster.
8. Changed: Removed Weather.com weather from Theater View due to business model changes by Weather.com (use NOAA and Google instead).
9. Changed: Improved handling of MPEG-4 video and AAC audio in digital television.
10. Changed: Improved analysis of DVD's on import so FPS, bitrate, resolution, etc. are now shown correctly.
11. Changed: Revised ASIO playback flow when starting DSD playback based on feedback from Playback Designs.
12. Fixed: XMLTV parsing would only load one channel if the channels and programs were interlaced in the XML.
13. Fixed: When playback of a video finished and it returned to Theater View, the monitor could immediately go to sleep in rare cases.
14. Changed: Changing values using the new Tag on Import feature will update file tags to match the changes made.
15. NEW: Audio and video types (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, AC3, AAC, H.264) can be selected during manual editing of television channels. Applicable to DVB-T only.
16: Fixed: Tweak DLNA nested control fix from version 29. Could have caused trouble with some renderers.

17.0.29 (11/4/2011)

1. Fixed: MIDI playback was not working.
2. Changed: Improved Carnac's handling of SageTV filenames.
3. NEW: Added the option to direct sound to the side speakers only with Direct Sound audio output (for outputting multiple stereo zones from one soundcard).
4. Changed: Lineup list style in Theater View could show HTML-like text formatting tokens in some cases.
5. NEW: Options > Theater View > Advanced > File Caption supports HTML-like formatting (like 17.0.28 added for Standard View).
6. Changed: Improved SSA subtitle support, especially for files that show multiple captions at the same time.
7. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
8. NEW: The subtitle engine supports animated SSA karaoke subtitles.
9. Changed: The subtitle engine uses a higher quality outline for text-based drawing.
10. Fixed: Media Center could crash if a playback button on the remote control was pressed while the Blu-ray title menu was being displayed.
11. NEW: Added ability of DLNA services to work with devices which use a nested control structure.
12. Fixed: The library backup filename dialog wasn't offering a default filename or warning when overwriting an existing file.
13. Fixed: Canceling television recording did not work when user chose to switch to a different channel on the same tuner.
14. Fixed: OSD displayed channel info incorrectly when an STB channel was watched or recorded (it showed "Playing: Input Source 3 -..." instead of "Playing: 55 CNN..." for example).
15. Faster: Libraries that use relational fields are faster.

17.0.28 (11/3/2011)

1. Changed: The right-click menu is no longer disabled in Web views.
2. Faster: Improvements to core libraries that help program load performance and size.
3. Fixed: Movie name from mymovies.xml file was not being used - instead the movie was named according to the folder above the index.bdmv file.
4. Fixed: Video in jtv format captured from HD PVR video capture device did not play in Red October HQ.
5. NEW: SSA subtitle engine supports the custom fonts for each style used in the SSA (falls back to user selection when a block of text has no font in its style).
6. Changed: When number keys on a remote control are used to change television channel and the original input string does not match any channel, MC removes beginning '0's from the input string and tries again.
7. Fixed: Replay Gain information was not being used properly when applying DSP to a handheld conversion.
8. Fixed: If DSP is used when converting for a handheld, the new file could have a stale replay gain value written to its tag.
9. Changed: Improved handling of numbers, dashes, etc. in the FixSpacing(...) expression.
10. NEW: Carnac better understands SageTV filenames (use Fill Properties From Filename in automatic mode to update existing files).
11. Changed: The expression function FileName(...) suppoprts an optional parameter for whether to include the extension (to get no extension: FileName(,0)).
12. Fixed: TMDb movie lookup was not always getting the highest quality image available.
13. Changed: Import will only mark a file as bad if it hasn't been changed on the file system for an hour (so auto-import won't put a fresh file copy in the bad database and then remove it when the copy finishes).
14. NEW: Thumbnail text supports basic HTML text formatting tags like bold, underline, italic, and <font color="FF0000">red</font> (remember that slash requires escapement in the expression editor so use <//b>, <//i>, etc.).
15. Changed: WAV & AIFF tagging are enabled by default (use Plug-in Manager > Input > WAVE & AIFF > Configure to change).

17.0.27 (11/1/2011)

1. Fixed: If audio failed to open (sound card disconnected, etc.) when starting a video, it could cause a crash.
2. Changed: Switched the default amount of buffering for DirectSound to 250ms from 500ms (works better with DVD and some other video sources).
3. NEW: DSP Studio > Output Format allows setting a different output sample rate for each input sample rate.
4. Fixed: Flick scrolling was not working properly in Theater View.
5. Fixed: Cover art lookup could stop working after the first 20 albums.
6. Fixed: Recording of certain TV channels in jtv format would not play correctly (stalled until a seek operation was performed).
7. Fixed: Center-focused JRSS up-mixing was not engaging properly for some video content.
8. Changed: Added more Media Network shutdown logging to help troubleshoot a hang switching libraries.

17.0.26 (10/31/2011)

1. Changed: Display setting changing resolution options in Options > Video are disabled until display setting changing is enabled.
2. Fixed: M4A tagging was not working (only applies to last few builds).
3. Faster: Improved performance of M4A tagging.
4. Fixed: The "clickfree" automatic backup device would cause Media Center to crash.
5. Fixed: Workaround for VirtualBox system timer bug that could cause various problems in Media Center.
6. NEW: Reworked Theater View's presentation engine so that it's less likely to spend time waiting on vsyncs and works better at low refresh rates.
7. NEW: Added the ability to apply volume levelling and other DSP when converting files for use on a handheld.
8. Fixed: SUB+IDX subtitles with multiple languages in the IDX were not working properly.

17.0.25 (10/28/2011)

1. Fixed: Configuring multiple Google or Weather.com weather locations did not work properly.
2. Fixed: The bitrate would not be imported for M4A files.
3. NEW: Added the ability to specify a separate A/V sync correction for 24 Hz than for other refresh rates (A/V sync correction requires using the JRiver audio engine).
4. NEW: Added an expression function FixSpacing(...) to convert camel case to normal spacing.  OneWord becomes One Word
5. Fixed: Text rendering in some areas of the program could appear blurry on Windows XP.
6. Fixed: Mouse wheel scrolling in the Theater View television grid didn't work.
7. Changed: Theater View mouse wheel scrolling works more like grab-n-drag or flick scrolling in that it can show partial items.
8. NEW: Added support for 3d .jps images (thumbnails and image playback only show the left eye image).

Skogkatt

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.30 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 10:20:04 am »

Can't see anymore check boxes and DSP titles in the left side of DSP window (it shows what's in the background under the window): reinstalling 17.0.27 restores titles > reinstalling 17.0.30 looses them again.

Many thanks for the addition of short silence with ASIO.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.30 -- Available Here
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 10:35:13 am »

Can't see anymore check boxes and DSP titles in the left side of DSP window (it shows what's in the background under the window): reinstalling 17.0.27 restores titles > reinstalling 17.0.30 looses them again.

Many thanks for the addition of short silence with ASIO.

Confirmed.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Oksana

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.31 -- Available Here
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 12:39:48 pm »

I received an email from mediacenter@jriver.com. Here is part of the message,
"Beta builds of JRiver Media Center 17.0 are now available.

You can purchase at a special price through November 15.  Upgrade for
$18.98 or purchase a new license for $44.98.  Learn more on the new MC17
board here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=23.0

If you've already upgraded, Thank you!

Two Upgrades for the Price of One
If you purchase either MC16 or MC17 now, you will receive an MC17 license
that works with both versions (this began on October 1).  Upgrade
instructions and a partial list of new features of MC17 so far are here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Upgrade_to_MC17"

I've tried both links, but can't find the price of $44.98. How can I purchase at this price?

Thanks,
Oksana

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 12:47:16 pm »

You will see the $44.98 just before you approve the purchase.  Thanks for your interest.

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 06:40:44 pm »

In theatre mode weather is displayed in Fahrenheit even when Celsius is selected.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 10:10:13 am »

I set up a couple of shows to record last night, and every time it tried to record, MC crashed in about 2-3 seconds.

I can see the guide information fine in the standard view, but if I try to "Watch" a program, it crashed MC.

I ended up having to tell MC to rescan for channels before it worked again.  I'm not sure what screwed it up, but thought it worth reporting as an incident with v17.

Also, before I did this (forgot to check again after), but the guide in Theater View put all shows on the top line only, all on top of each other, with no grid and totally unreadable.  maybe related?
pretend this is something funny

Benson98

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 17.0.31 Beta -- Available Here
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 12:12:31 pm »

I installed the latest version 17.0.31 and my Media Rendering player (LINN DS) stopped working.  When I try to playback music now I get the following errors:

1)There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device.  Double-check your device, server, and network settings.
2)Something went wrong with playback.

Are they any new settings I should look at that might need to be changed?  If I reinstall 17.0.27 the player works again.

Thanks,

-Benson98

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 01:41:52 pm »

I installed the latest version 17.0.31 and my Media Rendering player (LINN DS) stopped working.  When I try to playback music now I get the following errors:

1)There was a problem controlling the selected DLNA device.  Double-check your device, server, and network settings.
2)Something went wrong with playback.

Are they any new settings I should look at that might need to be changed?  If I reinstall 17.0.27 the player works again.

Thanks,

-Benson98
Could you grab a wireshark dump of it failing? If you start wireshark capturing just before running MC and stop it just after trying to send material to the renderer and email the result to bob (at) jriver (dot) com I'd really appreciate it...

helpme

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 05:38:29 pm »

I'm using 17.0.31  and I'm having trouble with file conversions in the DLNA Media Server.

Using a ROKU soundbridge player with MC16  (and I'm pretty sure with earlier builds of MC17) I can play my FLAC files with conversion set to if required.

With 17.0.31  I play about the first second of the track then it fails and skips to the next track. After a few tracks they all fail without playing anything.

Retested MC16 again this morning and confirmed I can still play the FLAC tracks without problem.

Also rechecked all of the DLNA and conversion settings.

Stephen

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 05:53:03 pm »

I'm using 17.0.31  and I'm having trouble with file conversions in the DLNA Media Server.
We're aware of a problem that will be fixed shortly.

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 11:42:21 pm »

i converted a couple flac albums to mp3 in the name of space saving and in the process, the cover art that was assigned to the flac files was lost. i was able to use the get cover art feature from the internet to get the artwork back quite easily, but figured i'd point this out. unsure if this is an intended result of the flac-->mp3 conversion.

this was in build 31; can't speak to whether it happened in previous builds or in MC16.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 12:34:38 am »

While watching an mkv file, if you detach the video, then make it full-screen, then double-click to make it back to a window again, and MC crashes.  Repeatable here.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 11:15:56 am »

When I enter the "More Play Options" dialog in Theater View, my remote will no longer function, yet I can still control MC with my mouse and keyboard.

Also, I would also really like to see the Play option become standard again instead of "Play All" under the "Shows" category. I hate having to fumble for the remote in order to stop the next episode from starting automatically.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2011, 03:28:37 pm »

While watching an mkv file, if you detach the video, then make it full-screen, then double-click to make it back to a window again, and MC crashes.  Repeatable here.

Is it only when subtitles are being used?

I'm seeing EVR get grouchy when one thread is changing its owner while the subtitle engine is providing a subtitle image in a different thread.

I'm not sure how to fix it yet.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 04:55:48 pm »

I only get "buffering..." at the end of a track when using library server client. If I double-click the next file to play, it starts fine.

Log sent.

mobyfrag

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 02:36:10 am »

The option (right-click on a movie) Subtitles > Size isn't working (while Shift is).
Annoying since subtitles size is quite small by default.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 01:35:35 pm »

Is it only when subtitles are being used?

Nope, no subtitles here.

I'm using RO w/additional, but no additional filters are actually set for MKV.
Pages: [1]   Go Up